• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Is anyone else having terrible luck with the festive diys? :(

Yes! It's been terrible. I time-traveled around Thanksgiving and was able to get them easily for my account. My daughter complained earlier this week that she was having a hard time finding any, so I thought I would find them for her and surprise her. Getting those recipes for her was my number one focus the last 2 days. I have not found a single diy. It's crazy. I have shot down lots of balloons, but not a single one has had a recipe. I don't know what is happening, but it is very frustrating.

I've been having a terrible time. :( I've found literally one - the festive rug, and that's it. I'm really grateful I was able to get some DIYs from here on the forum and that some users crafted me a bunch of DIYs because otherwise my island would be completely empty! I've been spending a fair bit of time searching for balloons but I keep getting bells or clothes it seems? I can't believe Christmas is this Friday and I've barely got any festive DIYs. 😭

I feel like I'm only getting 1 every other day, if I'm lucky. I really wish they'd tweak the mechanics so a daily DIY balloon is prioritised if you haven't completed them yet, so at least you know the first balloon you pop would be a DIY and not, say, 5 clay. 😒

I've only found two of them... I've never been this unlucky with DIYs so far in the game. I also wanted to decorate my island and house for Christmas but I'll have to do it after Christmas if I don't get super lucky these days, with the 25th around the corner.

I have been having dreadful luck with them too . I did find it slightly better on my alt character but could have just been coincidental. I have never got as much iron and clay out of balloons before 😂

Me too! Also, I’ve found since yesterday, my balloons are very elusive, can’t seem to find as many despite running up and down the beach and searching all over

yes! arguably I'm not trying overly hard to get balloons at the moment but nonetheless I've found maybe two? which sucks because I think the festive DIYs are so pretty :c

I hate the fact that seasonal DIY’s only spawn in balloons. To be honest it really makes me not want to okey because all I want to to decorate my island and house nice for Christmas but I can’t because I can’t find any of the stupid DIY’s. I don’t even have a sodding Christmas tree yet.

yes!! I've been struggling so much finding any of the festive DIYs, I've maybe gotten like one?? but I haven't gone out balloon hunting to try and get any of them

I guess I have the oopisite problem?
I have gotten the festive rug all three trees the ornament wreath, ornament and holiday candle. So I am doing decent

However......
I only have the snowflake wreath

And
The very few snowboy recipies

I've literally only gotten one, getting desperate at this point. Will have to resort to buying them off someone here as I always do :)

I have to sit for hours before I even get one. I'm slowly working them up but not as fast as I wouldve liked to. I hope before Toy Day I can get the rest I need and decorate. Cross my fingers.

It's been weird. I have two islands and I didn't have too much trouble on the 5-star island. At first I wasn't receiving any from present balloons but then last Saturday, they started dropping and continued regularly over the weekend. My other island is a 4-star island and I've been having worse luck with that one. Does anyone know if an island's rating increases luck with finding good DIYs?

Both main characters have gold trophy houses with lucky items inside the houses so I don't think it's an interior feng shui problem.

I've literally only found the ski slope wall. Nothing else. Balloons suck. I bought the recipes on forums because I knew I'd be struggling to decorate my island in time. I am happy to craft some stuff if anyone is in need! I have a lot of extra ornaments now. 💜

I had this problem (all of my balloons were just random clothes and furniture) so I ended up buying the DIYs from shops on this forum. I really wish balloons were more consistently filled with season-limited stuff. This seems to be almost the opposite problem from Bunny Day when the game first launched!

I haven't found any of them. I think I'm going to buy them off of someone this week if I feel up to it. I've felt slightly frustrated with it, so I've been playing other games recently.

i've literally only managed to pop three balloons down with festive diys 😭

Back