• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is Animal Crossing ''Gone''

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is both.
For me it is dead, but Ithink to some it is still alive.
I am trying to get my girlfriend to play it, but she won't buy it. T.T

I guess it's "dead" because most people are tired of just building a town essentially.
Because I remeber when I got AC for the GameCube(it was my first GC game) I was addicted to it for years.... then when WW came out, I was older and didn't want to have to restart my town all over again...

Wow, it isn't just me who thinks AC:CF sucks. It is far past dead now.

The first Animal Crossing was awesome because it was just a new game. It had a lot of fun stuff to do so it kept you playing for a long time. There was the fireworks show, bug competitions, fish competitions, getting your job at Nook's, etc. Then Wild World came out. It was still a really fun game. It kept me playing for a long time. I think I may have played it for a year. You had the same old job at Nook's and fish/bug competitions and holidays, but there was haircuts, new accessories, bigger house, wifi, etc. It made the game funner because of all the new stuff especially wifi. Everyone loved to play hide and seek, tag in the museum, and all that good stuff you couldn't do with animal crossing gamecube. I found out about wifi about 3 months after buying WW. I didn't stop playing WW until the wii came out. I liked how WW was actually different from the first one and the portability of it. I ended up getting hacked items like the mario set and seeds and that made the game a little bit funner too. But it eventually got old..

Then finally City Folk was being released and I've been waiting for the game since the wii came out. I bought the game and I saw the city and everythingn and thought, "Wow this is gonna be an awesome animal crossing game!" I started up the game and I liked it like the other 2 animal crossing games. Days and weeks went by and i was doing the same exact thing.. EXACT. It was no different than wild world.. There was a lot of GOOD change between gamecube animal crossing and Wild World. I wifi-ed for a month or 2 until it just got old.. nothing new to do. A lot of people just played hide and seek, tag, bug and fish competitions JUST LIKE WILD WORLD. The city was just a failure. There was nothing new about this game. I got sick of the game after that first month or 2 of playing it. I put the game down and I haven't touched it since except for one day last week. I started up the game and I thought to myself, "wow this game isn't even fun anymore." I played for about 10 minutes. I wish I was interested in the game, but no matter how hard I try to like it, it's too boring. I guess Animal Crossing is over.

Therefore it is dead. :p

Anyone else agree with me?

Fluke said:
Wow, it isn't just me who thinks AC:CF sucks. It is far past dead now.

The first Animal Crossing was awesome because it was just a new game. It had a lot of fun stuff to do so it kept you playing for a long time. There was the fireworks show, bug competitions, fish competitions, getting your job at Nook's, etc. Then Wild World came out. It was still a really fun game. It kept me playing for a long time. I think I may have played it for a year. You had the same old job at Nook's and fish/bug competitions and holidays, but there was haircuts, new accessories, bigger house, wifi, etc. It made the game funner because of all the new stuff especially wifi. Everyone loved to play hide and seek, tag in the museum, and all that good stuff you couldn't do with animal crossing gamecube. I found out about wifi about 3 months after buying WW. I didn't stop playing WW until the wii came out. I liked how WW was actually different from the first one and the portability of it. I ended up getting hacked items like the mario set and seeds and that made the game a little bit funner too. But it eventually got old..

Then finally City Folk was being released and I've been waiting for the game since the wii came out. I bought the game and I saw the city and everythingn and thought, "Wow this is gonna be an awesome animal crossing game!" I started up the game and I liked it like the other 2 animal crossing games. Days and weeks went by and i was doing the same exact thing.. EXACT. It was no different than wild world.. There was a lot of GOOD change between gamecube animal crossing and Wild World. I wifi-ed for a month or 2 until it just got old.. nothing new to do. A lot of people just played hide and seek, tag, bug and fish competitions JUST LIKE WILD WORLD. The city was just a failure. There was nothing new about this game. I got sick of the game after that first month or 2 of playing it. I put the game down and I haven't touched it since except for one day last week. I started up the game and I thought to myself, "wow this game isn't even fun anymore." I played for about 10 minutes. I wish I was interested in the game, but no matter how hard I try to like it, it's too boring. I guess Animal Crossing is over.

Therefore it is dead. :p

Anyone else agree with me?
Yeah man, totally agree with you, but I guess it's still fun to play the newest one and be a part of the community and all that stuff, but I never got into WW because when i got my DS, the Wii was out...In fact, I didn't even know about the DS until my friend showed me it like a year after it came out...
Shows you how informed I am...Anyways,,,
It's new for me since I never playd WW.

well they say that they are gonna make a new animal crossing game an dit will come out next year, but i dont believe that

Half-half. One because it is the school holidays and I'm bored. Also I haven't played the game since the start of February. Therefore, I find it fun after like three-quarters of a year. But I guess I'll soon find it old, which I don't want because AC is a game of peace, love and community. Now I play just to hang around with some of my old friends. Some of my friends don't play anymore too but they are kind enough to hang out with me. :p and :( This is kinda' sad. :( I love you friends. :D

It is a wonderful game by Nintendo. But one flaw into the game can make players dislike it over time. The one and only problem is that Nintendo didn't add anything much newer. The city's new stuff were only GracieGrace and the ShoeShiner LOL. Others were in the DS too but just not in city.So I guess two items don't make a big change. I hope Nintendo realises this and in future, they'll create better series. ;)

considering that i h8 how all my good neighbors are all moving at once (5 moving now) i really am starting to not like the game

Its NOt Dead by any means.
The reason people dont play anymore is because some hack and get everything. And that could spoil it for some people.

I play City Folk a Lot and Its a combination of the GCN and DS Versions.

But yeah, They Could add a lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back