• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I'm thinking of starting over..

Faeynia

민슈가천재짱짱맨뽕뽕
Bells
User Title Color Change
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Okay so I'm thinking of restarting my town, but I finally have everything (stores ect.) just not a perfect town yet.
I was so dumb not to reset when I first though nah I don't like the towns/majors name after all.. I got all my path and such on how I like it.. But since I only got one DS, if I reset my bells/villagers (like I want some of them to stay) will be gone..

Do you think just because of the Majors/towns name I should reset?

p.s. I hope this is the right forum for it!

if ur even considering restarting, do it
But then, I do need to find people who will hold some of my villagers.. +Some money (maybe someone with a ABD) so i can quickly get a start with my house..

Didn't it bother you, you needed to do everything over again with gaining the QR machine and other stores?

But then, I do need to find people who will hold some of my villagers.. +Some money (maybe someone with a ABD) so i can quickly get a start with my house..

Didn't it bother you, you needed to do everything over again with gaining the QR machine and other stores?

yeah it is bad at the start, but you'll gain all that stuff again and not have any regrets!! so in the end its for the better

Last edited:
I've held loads of people's stuff in the past, I keep t all on my beach so I don't mix it up with my own stuff or run over any flowers, I'd be happy to look after stuff for you :)

I was in the EXACT same position as you with my first town, I had everything. I got people to hold my bells and good items I had, it's just up to you :)

I restarted yesterday evening!! :D gotta post my FC town name and all that later on!

I'd say go for it. I wasn't too happy with my previous towns name after a while and plus, my town was made before I joined these forums. Once I joined here I didn't feel comfortable sharing my mayor's name since I used my real name for her. So that is part of the reason I restarted, but it was also due to boredom and hating my map and villagers. I lost all my items, bells and progress of course, but it's not too bad working on them again. I've already passed Gracie's fashion checks so my Emporium will show up soon. The only difference with this town is my serious lack of motivation to work on my museum collections. I was really far with them in my previous town but now I'm too lazy to do that again.

Really though, it's your choice. Personally I'd do it. I don't find it weird at all to restart a town for the sake of it's name or your mayor's name.

I'd say go for it. I wasn't too happy with my previous towns name after a while and plus, my town was made before I joined these forums. Once I joined here I didn't feel comfortable sharing my mayor's name since I used my real name for her. So that is part of the reason I restarted, but it was also due to boredom and hating my map and villagers. I lost all my items, bells and progress of course, but it's not too bad working on them again. I've already passed Gracie's fashion checks so my Emporium will show up soon. The only difference with this town is my serious lack of motivation to work on my museum collections. I was really far with them in my previous town but now I'm too lazy to do that again.

Really though, it's your choice. Personally I'd do it. I don't find it weird at all to restart a town for the sake of it's name or your mayor's name.

I'm just most scared of my Deer family...

i restarted when i had all but 3 of my dreamies and i had all stores upgraded
if youre even considering it you should just do it or else youll regret it later on
i only restarted bc i decided i wanted a different face v.v

I wanted to restart too at one point for similar reasons (I actually liked my town and mayors' names a bit, but I DID want something different). I had already played so far though (because I didn't realize you even could restart!) that I just found a way to work it into my theme. See, my town is called Venice but my theme is Sailor Moon, so something like Crystal Tokyo or something (maybe a shortened version) would have made more sense, but I just think to myself that my town is Venice during the time that Crystal Tokyo exists... lol

Back