• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I'm so mad (tiles don't work for plots!)

I think a house needs a 3x3 empty area to the North and South of it for it to be able to be placed

I covered my whole town with patterns and so far, it always work for me. They never plotted outside of the 3x3 space I reserved for them. I've done this to more than half of my villagers and a couple of more because there were times, I was fickle-minded to move the villager out only to move them back in after several days (I have their cards). Sometimes, I use new save file to survey the area if I feel I'm not confident enough but lately, I've been loading the mayor file directly and they seem to be always working for me.

I didn't put a space in-front of the door. I don't think it matters if you put one or have them exactly 3x3. Also, I think you need to have 3 spaces in-front of the house no matter if they are facing the river, a cliff or another villager house. I'm not 100% sure but I've made it like that in my town and it works.

It's three spaces south/vertical between villager houses but on top of the river or cliff, it only needs 2 spaces

Yep, because I have a villager in another town whose house is exactly two squares back from the river. But where I have vertical rows of villagers, it's always 3.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I've covered my ENTIRE town in tiles except the squares I want villagers to move into. I'm gonna attempt to move in Punchy via Amiibo card. Wish me luck haha

Set up for a plot reset so you can fix it in case something goes awry! You do want to build that Reset Center, right?

@namstar: your homes are too close together. They need 3 spaces in between each house (vertically)

Yeah, use the new save file feature to plot reset instead of just loading it straight. That way, you can go back to the previous day to fix the paths in case you mess up.

Back