• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

I wish I never hit reset!

My first town corrupted in 2014, and it was utterly heartbreaking as I thought I was finally done with it and it was perfect. I had that town for almost a year, and it was gone. I immediately started up another town. I got lucky and found nearly the EXACT same map (building placements and all) except the waterfall was on the other side. So I started it up... and hated it. I missed my villagers, I missed my money, I missed it all. I played on and off and on and off and on and off for about a few months... and then I didn't touch it for the entirety of 2015. I picked it up early-mid 2016. My town was a mess, my house was in a horrible spot. I hated my villagers. I hated it. But I played anyways. I sat there, angry, for hours a day picking up my town. I re-joined these forums, gave away all my crappy villagers, got 3 of my dreamies back and just kept playing, no matter how upset I was. And eventually, I loved it again. My town was slowly coming back together. It just takes time and patience. My town is still in shambles right now; random paths to prevent villagers moving in bad spots and items everywhere. Not enough PWP. Misplaced flowers. But today, finally, I got all my dreamies. I have all their amiibo (except for Wendy's so far) just in case they move out. So I'm fixing it. It's been a year, maybe a bit less, since picking up my town again and I'm finally starting to be truly happy with it. You just need a little patience. I know it's easier said than done, but I believe in you! I'm the most impatient person in the entire world, but I finally got my town close to how I want it. I'm finally almost done, and I think if you try, you can do it too. Your town is never going to be perfect in a short amount of time. Don't stress too much. Don't plan too far ahead. Go with the flow a bit. It'll get easier if you stop focusing on every tiny flaw.

I think that with a little planning any town can be perfect. I have two towns on 2 cartridges and would never reset either of them.

WeeHaven%20Update.jpg

i worked on a town for 3 years. i restarted all of a sudden though because i wasn't happy enough with my villagers and the layout. after that, i had another town for 2 or more months. didn't like it at all and i restarted. had a 3rd town and again, i worked really hard on it. i ended up messing with my design though and it didn't turn out well. i regretted resetting in the first place and i considered not to play NL anymore. i don't think i played for 4 months straight but i decided to make a new town in December and it's going really well. i'm so happy with it
it's a shame that you feel this way but it can take a long time to get into it again, especially when you've started over and over. you just need a lot of dedication and patience, it might turn out well

Glad to see that you found a town that you enjoy!
Sadly, I'm not the most patient person out there.. That's why I'm addicted to time travel as well as resetting.. I really need to tone it down, haha..

The town will never be 100% perfect if you keep resetting. Dedication and love is what makes a perfect town, all towns can be beautiful with time; it just takes a lot of time, animal crossing takes time. Give your new town a chance (and time) and I bet you will love it and grow fond of it.

If only it was that easy.. Dedication and love is something I need to consider..
I was so hellbent on having a pretty town like everyone else, that I never even cared about how I feel about my own town! I only cared about my town being as good as other people's.
I get jealous and intimidated by other towns alllll the time.. That's why I don't like visiting the Dream Suite anymore. I end up comparing them to my empty pattern filled messes.. And then I reset the town because of that feeling.. But then I end up regretting it, making me feel even worse.

...Looks like I need to start worrying about how my heart feels about my own town, instead of feeling jealous and competitive towards others.

I have reset more times than I'd like to admit. For the smallest of reasons. I have been working really hard on my current town, and have had so many times where I have wanted to reset for literally any little reason. It's even worse since the update since I don't lose my bells or catalog it's not as hard as starting completely over. Something that helped me this time was I got rid of all my paths, and redid the whole thing with a better, more complex brick pattern and I like it SO much more now! I'm also trying not to care at all about things being SO symmetrical and perfect and it is making my town feel so much more interesting. That might help you!

Oh god, I know how you feel. I'm the same way. I'm not obsessed with town symmetry, that'd make my resetting addiction even worse.
This does help me a lot, though! Thanks a bunch for the advice :)

. . .You just need a little patience. I know it's easier said than done, but I believe in you! I'm the most impatient person in the entire world, but I finally got my town close to how I want it. I'm finally almost done, and I think if you try, you can do it too. Your town is never going to be perfect in a short amount of time. Don't stress too much. Don't plan too far ahead. Go with the flow a bit. It'll get easier if you stop focusing on every tiny flaw.

Kudos to you on not giving up on your town! Nice to see that you're finally happy with it. ☆
As far as myself is concerned, you're totally right. I need to stop stressing and worrying about every little pixel.. I tend to plan waaaaay too far ahead.. Like deciding on where the Caf? and Police Station should be, even though I won't have access to them for a very long time!
Heck, in one town, I went as far as placing diverse paths everywhere on the very first day of the town! ....but after being in that town for a while.. I felt too overwhelmed by everything and I just gave up and reset..
Thanks for the support and advice. I'll try and take it easy this time around.

I think that with a little planning any town can be perfect. I have two towns on 2 cartridges and would never reset either of them.

I think so, too! I don't want to go into a town blind, but I don't want to plan every little detail in my town, either..

Last edited:
Back