• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I...got some encouraging unexpected news today [LGBTQ+]

Congradulations !! ^^bbbbbbb

it feels a but of a relief heyy when the parents are accepting and all ~

So, about a month or so I told my dad that I was trans, and he was like, "Oh..............well..........." and he didn't talk to me for maybe about a month or so, which is....not what I was expecting? But also I was at the same time, so I let him just, you know, chill for a bit

Well, today he called me and told me that he wanted to apologize about the whole thing, and he told me that he supported me
That....was....not what I was expecting to hear but im not too surprised either. When I told him I was an atheist, his reaction wasn't as bad as my mom's, so there's that also
Im just...really happy now, Im not sure how my mom is ganna react, I can only imagine, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I feel okay about myself now​

That's really good to hear. Now if all parents were like that...

Grats :)

That's great, especially that he apologised for being weird about it first of all. I think a lot of people forget that it can be really hard for parents to adjust to news lile this, especially if you've been preparing to tell them for ages. Best of luck with everything going forward :)

whats trans? im an atheist but I want to be Buddhist

Trans is basically a person who is physically a male or female, but mentally is the other gender.
Plus it's not even funny I think the whole world knows you are such a bad troller, like not even cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow congratulations, glad that your dad changed his mind and has accepted you and your identity now. :)

So happy for you! You're lucky you have supportive Dad, I believe it means a lot to be accepted by one of your closest person in life. I hope your mom will be on the same boat. Props to your dad, it takes modesty and courage to apologize and accepting who you truly are <3

Yay! I'm so glad things are working out with your dad. That's really great to hear. :)

I hope that one day your mom will be alright with this as well.

aa congrats! really happy for you (✿? ꒳ ` )
I hope everything goes well for you

Wow, that's so wonderful! I'm glad that you are in a good place, because you deserve to be. Your gender identity doesn't change who you are! :) Keep on going strong!!!!

Back