• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How will you prepare for the update?

I've thought about having a bullet journal for games but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Do you mind showing us what yours looks like, @Brookie?

I'm not really going to do much to prepare. Starting up my Nintendo Online subscription again and maybe giving myself a new wardrobe, plus changing a couple of things around my town and that's about it. I don't need to make room for Brewster because I've been saving an area for him just in case since I started!

I've thought about having a bullet journal for games but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Do you mind showing us what yours looks like, @Brookie?

I'm not really going to do much to prepare. Starting up my Nintendo Online subscription again and maybe giving myself a new wardrobe, plus changing a couple of things around my town and that's about it. I don't need to make room for Brewster because I've been saving an area for him just in case since I started!

Sure thing! Here's the public view link. You can also make a copy should you choose to use Notion for yourself.

Also, @satine has a wayyy better one imo. Here's a preview link of hers.

Enjoy!

I restarted my island shortly before I knew what the update would contain, so while I don't have to do too many changes, I will most likely go against my initial plan of trying to acquire everything naturally and get every colour variation I want catalogued before the update drops. Otherwise I'd probably be overwhelmed with the sheer amount of items.
Besides that, I hope to progress as much as possible before the 5th. Saving bells and Nook Miles is a little difficult in the early stages of the game, so I might have to set priorities.

-Iv already got open garden plots for new vegetables to be farmed, Might change later depending on how many there are.
- need to earn more bells I'm nearly broke.
- I have a problem with leaving open space. So iv cleared off a small area for the gyroides to spon. I'm hoping it's enough for them. Idk what I'm gonna do when it snows on my island I have no where for snowballs to spon. T_T.

OMG. Now that I stop to think about it, I have quite a few things I need to do:
  1. Clear out a bazillion out-of-control flowers I’ve let overgrow most the island.
  2. Teraform about a quarter of the island which I’ve put off finishing and decorating.
  3. Deconstruct and build new bridges and slopes with the new limit and placable ladders in mind.
  4. Move two houses, my house, the shops, and the museum to slightly different locations.
  5. Build and decorate a proper entrance to the museum with stairs.
  6. Prep the location of new structures, items, gyroids, and new fences.
  7. Prep a location for a carnival area above a shopping street, visible from the beaches.
  8. Slightly redo the town entrance between the airport and Town Hall with better focus on the fountain (which I will replace with the seal fountain).
  9. Finish breeding for a blue rose, then clear and decorate the area for a farm.
  10. Save up 30 million bells. (Currently have 18 million. I’ll be doing Turnips next week for sure.)
  11. Save at least 100,000 Nook Miles. (Currently have 79,000. Going to buy quite a few of the new street lights.)
  12. Clear out my inventory of unwanted items.
  13. Obtain a few items I still don’t have in my catalogue.
Good thing I have a couple weeks still. haha I won’t really be able to get properly started till this weekend though…

So far, just setting aside some extra building materials and keeping an eye out for preorders for the new amiibo card series. Seems like they just started to up late yesterday/early today.

I probably won't do any in-game preparation beforehand; that way I'll be able to enjoy the new update for longer. As for in real-life, I'll probably do some major cleaning so I don't gotta do it for a while when the update first comes out

for me,
I've been prepping my island by:
-qr code shopping (just finding qr codes I want to use for my new path etc)
-cleaning up the island from any items on the ground
-selling all of the flowers I don't need
-erasing all old patterns on ground
-terraforming my rivers and cliffs
-possibly start laying down new paths

Now that gyroids are making their return I've been doing painful gardening and terraforming. Gardening involving storing flowers for flower DIYs and discarding them, uh I mean turning them into Bells. I am making an island flower garden that enclosed to prevent these flowers from multiplying like weeds. I need very few flowers and weeds for the gyroids to appear. I'm also getting rid of many flowers to make way for new outdoor furniture and plants.

Tbh i havent fully terraformed my town even though i had the game since release lol but this update motivated me to start making my town look pretty so i've been doing that
-trying to save up a lot of nook miles to see what kappn has to offer
-switching up my house and trying to make room for new items i might possibly use

This is maybe a weird one, but I'm actually trying to "finish" designing my island before the update -- I'd like to have it basically done and uploaded as a Dream Address as a...reference point?? I guess?? to mark what before the update looked like, and I don't plan on doing a ton of terraforming / reconstruction after the update, anyway; I already had farming plots (just stripped out the yellow hyacinth "corn" and the coconut sprouts, etc.) and mostly I just want to redo my house interior and incorporate new items into existing builds, so I don't have much of a desire to tear things down. Just finishing out the beaches, now!

Also sort of lazily racking up some more nook miles and bells, since I'd whittled myself about down to broke while playing passively.

Otherwise just excited for the update. :')

I will be waiting patiently for Halloween, celebrate and start new month (November). Then, I will be waiting for update and most probably I will buy paid DLC for me as well as for my GF.
Maybe it will be a good time to re-arrange my house, and at least try how my character manages with narrow spaces and if it will be helpful, I may put some more furnitures.
I’m planning to reduce my income, as for now I have more than 140M bells, more than 1M miles, so it will be more than enough. I have 220+ gold roses, and most probably I will leave about 20-30, quite big field with pumpkins, where I reduce amount of them, and replace rest with new vegetables.
I need to find out how it will be working new feature related to visiting my home by villagers. Maybe I will need some more space in “main” room, where the entrance is.
I’m not planning any special preparations ahead, as I’m not 100% sure which features from new update as well as new furnitures will give me as idea, so slowly when I will have an access I will implement.

I like to just go with the flow, but some things I wanna do are...

- Catch up to the current date
- Complete the Halloween set
- and catalog all color variations (customization)
- Get rid of all the remaining wild growing flowers
- Clear out a designated spot for the farm
- Make a little pattern to keep weeds and flowers at bay
- Remove unnecessary clothing and orderable items from my storage
- Figure out where to put ladders
- Decorate "Redd's" beach

That's all I can think of right now!

Well I ended up doing a last minute whole island flattening and redesigning. I was initially going to wait til new year to restart, but I got itchy and at that point only really thought we were getting The Roost in the museum, so I thought it would be doable. Now I have to rush to get things at least looking somewhat less of a bomb site before November 5th haha. It's quite a slog, but TTing this time makes it a million times quicker and easier. I have 8 new villagers and I had to get them in quick. I'm sort of neglecting to get to know them well yet, cos I can do a lot of that later.

Whilst it's a lot of "work", I'm determined to get it done! I would ideally like it pretty much done before Halloween too, cos I want to decorate for that. I've started doing bits and pieces as I go, especially in the main villager neighbourhood, but there's still a lot to do. Wish me luck!

I'll be redoing my island (almost) completely. I might be unable to finish the renovation until the update is released though

I wonder how much bells or nook miles should we set aside for the update???

i'm gonna try to get back into acnh and continue working on my town, and also clear any unnecessary flowers and trees

1. My island has way too many flowers, so I'm in the process of deflowering my island. I'll keep some of each, but my island is drowning in flowers at the moment.
2. Earn some more Nook Miles for Kapp'n's Boat Tours, the new Nook Mile items, possible hunting for new villagers, and so on.
3. Even though we're getting more storage updgrades, I want to look through my storage and dump some stuff I probably won't use.
4. I plan to redo my home's interior entirely once the update is out. I never even finished decorating it before I got burnt out, and watching the Direct and seeing the new items gave me some inspiration. I'll probably just take everything out of most of the rooms before the update.
5. Figure out where I want to grow my crops, and clear space for that if needed.
I have the same problem with flowers..... working on thinning it out now.

I wonder how much bells or nook miles should we set aside for the update???
I think a good way to prepare is counting how many Nook miles each update thing costs in the direct. Then maybe multiplying that by 2-3 to account for more NM items? Idk, just estimating here. Also, I think I should set aside how much a whole house costs: possible room expansions, exterior upgrade options, and increased storage, AND furniture items seem like it would take up a lot of bells.

I think a good way to prepare is counting how many Nook miles each update thing costs in the direct. Then maybe multiplying that by 2-3 to account for more NM items? Idk, just estimating here. Also, I think I should set aside how much a whole house costs: possible room expansions, exterior upgrade options, and increased storage, AND furniture items seem like it would take up a lot of bells.

Unlocks via Nook Miles is roughly 17,000 Miles. I'd aim for around 30,000-50,000 for any additional items and hairstyles.

Back