• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How will you prepare for the update?

Not too much, actually. I'll just work on clearing up some of my weeds, extra flowers, and maybe work on bugs/fish I still need to catch but since my island is pretty bare-bones I don't need to do much to prep.

It'd be nice to see a list of the new furniture at some point.

A couple days ago I spent 10 hours throughout 2 days removing flowers and giving away flowers to other players. On Sunday I bought some turnips so that I can earn more bells! Now I'm thinking about emptying certain parts of my island for new ideas (like a carnival) Very exciting things ^^

I am so excited for this massive update I have a lot of stuff to do.

• Re fix my whole islanders houses
  • fix parts of my landscape
  • sell unwanted items
  • redesign a lot of areas
and more that I can not think of right now :p

for some reason the absolute first thing I did was adapt my makeshift farm (think yellow hyacinths for wheat and mum cushions for cabbage) to have enough space for all the crops, even though all that's planted there at the moment is some pumpkins. I'm also working on grinding out some nook miles to be sure I can afford all the new things, plus I'll be trying to get a ton more bells so I can buy as much furniture as possible. reading through this thread someone mentioned a notion journal for their island so now I'm inspired to do the same.. beats staring at my lecture notes all the time on there! my island is very much still under development so this'll help me manage what I want to do now vs what I'll wait for new furniture to build. I also want to rewatch the direct a bit and figure out details like do I want to use current fencing in certain areas, or would some of the new ones look nicer etc

I will flatten for a redesign but I want to have my island nice for Halloween so at the moment just selling fruit and blue roses (I have a lot of blue roses on my island) everyday they re-spawn as I'm going to need a lot of bells for a lot of eventual renovation. Making an effort to grind nookmiles too.

I'm just working on the museum in one of my new towns in case the café upgrade to the museum requires X-donations.

I know I need to build a garden, but I have no room :(

Other than that, I am playing normally as I have the last few months

I'm going to try to finish my island. It just feels overwhelming lol. My island has been under construction since January 2021 when I tore down all the holiday stuff. But then I lost interest in the game and redesigning felt like too much of an undertaking. It still does tbh.

I just came back from what was about a 1 year hiatus and I am completely redoing my island. I'm not resetting, but I'm undoing a lot of stuff, and going to be swapping out all but 1 of my villagers too!

I semi-recently redid my entire island, so I still have a lot of empty spaces that are completely blank. I'll see what type of items are added and then decide what kind of area I'll add. With the new ferris wheel thing, I'm thinking maybe a boardwalk area? We'll see though. I also have some areas I might like to redesign if I find furniture I like better.

I already added gardening plots for the new crops we know are coming because farming is one of the things I'm most excited for.

I'm also planning out how I'd like to redesign my house. With all the new furniture, I'm thinking of going for a different vibe in my house altogether and changing up what each room is.

I'm going to be completely resetting my island in preparation of the update. My current island is extremely sentimental to me since it got me through a traumatic life event earlier this year, but this is also the reason why I'm ready to move on to (pardon the pun) new horizons. I think it had a time and a place in my life for a reason, and it's okay to let go and get a fresh start now.

My birthday is tomorrow, and it also happens to be the day where I'm getting the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. I feel like there's a strong possibility I'll be bedridden, and how cool would it be to give myself an entire island getaway package for my birthday? So I have two stages of preparation!

On my current island:
💫 Move all bells and items I want to keep onto my boyfriend's island for storage
💫 Set up Dream Address for current island so I don't lose it
💫 Redeem all Nook Miles for NMT
💫 Log all custom design codes to find them again

On my new island:
💫 Reset for the perfect map
💫 Make an island journal here
💫 Set up MeteoNook to be able to predict weather (for Gyroids)
💫 Set up ACNH Pocket Guide App
💫 Unlock terraforming
💫 Flatten island
💫 Get back as many villagers as I can before the update!

Last edited:
Clearing out flowers I don't need, finishing paying off my house (I know...), and gathering Nook Miles. I'm gonna want to start island hopping for new villagers asap, and also to buy all the new Nook Miles stuff.

@Brookie You mention meteonook weather for gyroids - can you elaborate on that? I never played NL, so I'm not familiar with their purpose or what gyroids do, other than Lloid collecting tolls for inclines and bridges. I'm curious about them!

Ive been starting to remodel the landscape i currently have a pumpkin patch on, to make room for a bigger patch to grow the many new crops being added.

@Brookie You mention meteonook weather for gyroids - can you elaborate on that? I never played NL, so I'm not familiar with their purpose or what gyroids do, other than Lloid collecting tolls for inclines and bridges. I'm curious about them!

In past AC games, gyroids would show up like a fossil dig spot in the ground after it rained. If you know your MeteoNook weather seed, you can figure out whenever it will rain in your game so you know to look for gyroids.

Or if you don't know your weather seed, you can just dig up the dig spots every day to hunt for them and you'll get end up with gyroids sometimes. If my speculation about dinosaur models returning via Cyrus ends up being true, you may want fossils again anyway even if you finished your museum so you can collect/build models.

In past AC games, gyroids would show up like a fossil dig spot in the ground after it rained. If you know your MeteoNook weather seed, you can figure out whenever it will rain in your game so you know to look for gyroids.

Or if you don't know your weather seed, you can just dig up the dig spots every day to hunt for them and you'll get end up with gyroids sometimes. If my speculation about dinosaur models returning via Cyrus ends up being true, you may want fossils again anyway even if you finished your museum so you can collect/build models.
Oh okay! Thanks! Do they do anything really or no?

Oh okay! Thanks! Do they do anything really or no?
They are a fun, quirky, and unique collectible. I think there's like a hundred of them of all shapes, sizes, and colors. They each make their own little sound when turned on, and that sound always goes to the KK song playing. You can make some cool combos!

I've been putting my game cartridge in my partner's switch and using that as a "second island" (I'm buying a second game today so I don't have to keep swapping) and I've been remodelling this island for hosting cataloguing sessions after the update hits. Gonna gather all those furnitures 😤 if anyone's interested in attending please click the link in my signature

I'm also keeping an eye on amiibo preorders that aren't limiting 1 per customer like c'mon...

I'm keeping everything as is and just upgrading my island/house as I'm inspired. I'm sure quite a few people will need an island to go to for clothes/tools/selfie spots after starting fresh, so I'll be making my island available for that. :d

I have started clearing some flowers and trees close to my house, where I have 2 farm patches of pumpkins, I changed a bit my pumpkin patch and added new farm patches, for the new veggies, tomorrow I may add one more.
Then remove the "Café" behind the museum for an area as party area for festivities, like in this case for halloween, after halloween maybe add some of the new item that is "festival like".
I intend to redecorate the interior of my home, there some necessary changes, prepare spots for the ABD and storage sheds.
Save up nookmiles for the new stuff
The rest I will improvise.

Mine are:
  • Obtain 1 million Nook Miles
  • Completely finish all Nook Mile achievements (stuck on 'create 3,000 tools' mainly, because I don't need that many)
  • Finally upload the journal I've had on my computer for the past 6 months to Tbt

Back