• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to TimeTravel Properly

Bells
Switch
8554-1675-5890
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Dusty Scroll
Just a few Time Travelling tips to avoid losing a villager to the void;

♥ Time travel in weeks if you are TTing far ahead, whilst doing this chat to your villagers insuring that they are not moving or "haven't seen you in awhile"

♥ Avoid time travelling time rather than date. This leads to more frequent accidents because you think that changing the clock 12 hours ahead doesn't do as much when really its the same as going ahead a day and you may loose a villager.

♥ Don't talk to villagers you want to move out. This is the best opportunity to move them out, and will benefit you and your AC town.

♥ Try to walk around the town and talk constantly with villagers, this makes it feel as if you aren't Time Travelling super fast, it may take longer but at least you won't lose anything.

♥ Don't leave items laying around in the plaza or near the police station. They will be taken to the police station lost and found and it will take ages to get them all back.

I hope this helps!

What about travelling 2 or 3 hours forward or backwards once, and returning to the regular time the next day, while making sure you don't pass the 6AM mark?

Last edited:
What about travelling 2 or 3 hours forward or backwards once, and returning to the regular time the next day, while making sure you don't pass the 6AM mark?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but time travelling few hours backwards and forwards without passing the new day will not affect gameplay.

Just a few Time Travelling tips to avoid losing a villager to the void;

♥ Don't talk to villagers you want to move out. This is the best opportunity to move them out, and will benefit you and your AC town.

I hope this helps!

So how do i know if the villager i wanted to move is moving?

Personally I feel like the villagers who you don't talk to always stay with me and never ask to move.Also If you don't talk to them after a certain amount of time villagers won't ping you if they want to move away.

No!After around 5 days someone will should "ping", but make sure just too run in front of them and not talk to them first otherwise they won't ping you till the next day.

TT in weeks to avoid losing villagers?

No.

You should never TT more than 4 days in advance, as that's when a new villager will ping you (or not, if you haven't talked to them in a week) .. TT'ing in weeks means you have far more accidents

Also, provided you know what you're doing when TT'ing with time, you should have absolutely no accidents.. (Never TT before or after 6AM)

This needs correcting

I have to agree with the above post^

and also, it may just be my personal experience, but the animals closer to me ping me way more often than the ones that I ignore. again, might just be me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Personally I feel like the villagers who you don't talk to always stay with me and never ask to move.Also If you don't talk to them after a certain amount of time villagers won't ping you if they want to move away.
thisss

Whatever method you choose, what Ambro88 said cant be emphasized enough. If you dont talk to your villagers often, they wont ping you before they move. I learned this the hard way...

Back