• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How old where you when you first played AC?

I was 4, I had a character in my mum’s WW town :)
And I’ve played every game since!

I can't remember... I think I was 9? When one of my cousins gave me Wild World. Though I wasn't super into it until I was 10 and I think the very same cousin gave me New Leaf. (I deleted that save about a year later in a fit of rage after accidentally selling my shovel and the shop didn't have the shovel that day OR the day after...)
Post automatically merged:

Though it'd basically always been a series I was aware of. I think I remember being 6 or 7 and watching a YouTuber whose Minecraft series(?) I liked playing through New Leaf and thinking it looked super fun lol

Oh jeez. I was 7 or 8 when I played my first Animal Crossing. I think I was 8 actually because it was right before I moved from my home state and I thought we were moving to Arizona, so that's what I named my first town. So 2004 was when I started playing the game for the first time. Brings back great memories, I will always love the original intro music.

I'm not sure tbh, I'm 35 now and I played AC for the Gamecube around when it first came out so, idk....maybe somewhere in my late teens/early twenties?

I was eight years old, started playing in Jan 2008 with the original gamecube game 😊💜

Not sure of the exact age, but between 4-6 years old. I know we had a GameCube in our home and I was becoming literate/intelligent enough to search up things online.

Reactions: Doo
I was for sure under 10 years old but it's been so long now I can't remember. My first game was WW though!

The first time I ever played animal crossing was when I was 7 or 8. I still thought robot chicken was funny at that age (oh how hopeless I was).

The town fruit was pears and I absolutely loved the music while working for Tom Nook. It wasn't my cartridge, but it made playing the game feel extra special. I planted an orchard, worked hard for my bells, and had a blast playing the game without knowing about time travel or any of that jazz.

I can't quite remember if I was 11 or 12. I didn't have enough games for my GameCube, and I saw it while I was browsing the video game section in a movie rental store. I picked it up because it had 'animal' in the title, and quickly bought a used copy after I fell in love with it.

‘Twas 2008 when I was the ripe age of 5 :’) Nan bought me a black DS lite and Wild World, and then suddenly I was lost in the AC world. Never looked back I guess!

• Love
Reactions: Doo
I was 15 when I first started playing New Leaf on the Nintendo 3ds I remember seeing it advertised everywhere and thought it looked so cute.

I then watched some people reviewing and playing it on youtube and was like yep this is cute I need this game.

I was the "young" age of 36 when my brother convinced me to play ACNH as the world was shutting down due to the pandemic. I became completely obsessed 😍 & played that game until I finished absolutely everything to do in it. And then I decided to try ACNL (thanks to my brother sharing his 3DS XL with me) to see what the hype was about from those that said it was a better game overall compared to New Horizons, and my verdict to that claim is: I get it! ACNL was definitely a more polished game, & I kinda wish that I was part of the initial hoopla around its release, but I just gave birth to my son at that time, so I wouldn't have had the time anyways.

I think I was around 11 at the time? It was like a year after New Leaf released. We had 3ds games available to borrow at our library so I decided to try new leaf since I thought it looked cute

Believe it or not, but I was 12 when I played pocket camp for the first time, I was the same age when I first played New Horizons! (I'm 16 now!)

8 or 9. I had a sleepover with like 4 or 5 friends for my birthday and two of them had Animal Crossing on their DS, which I had never heard of before. They let me make a character in their Wild Worod town and I was obsessed. I had my mom take me to buy the game the next day with my birthday money and I've been obsessed since!

Back