• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How old were you when the game came out + fave memory

The NA release was 10 days before my 13th birthday actually. I loved creating villager storylines in my diary in the house as well as playing the retro games you could earn as items
A few years late but I wanted to also add my real favorite memory is actually playing this with my sister. We would create storylines in our journals in game about all of the villagers. We created one of our characters to be an alien and designed mind control alien tshirts that controlled any animal who changed into them. The good old days...

The GameCube one? I wasn't even born yet
I wonder how much I'm missing out on by only having played NH so far

My godmother introduced me to the game when I was really little! Maybe I was 4 or 5? My sister and I played in a town together and loved the game so much. We would call my godmother every day asking her to tell us a code to give to Nook or for advice on how to do certain things.
I think tied with that was car rides with my stepbrothers with Wild World. We would go to eachother's towns to get the most amount of haircuts, and then we'd play hide and seek around one of our towns.

I was unborn when GC was released

but my first game was NL, I was 8 when it came out to the US but I actually found out about it a year later when I was 9

I was 15, which doesn't seem right, but here we are. Older than I thought.

I unfortunately can't say I have any favorite memories as I really just have the vaguest of impressions about it. My mom was firmly in the "video games are bad" camp and getting her to let me actually play was always a big battle. And when I did get a chance to game, I spent more time playing Harvest Moon. I remember having Chevre and Portia though. Now I'm realizing the memory I've previously shared of me crying because I thought Mr. Resetti had actually deleted save looks pretty lame at 15 😬 What can I say, I'm sensitive.

I was 12 when the original AC came out. I remember contemplating for about a week or two if I should give it a shot, then ended up getting persuaded after reading some forum comments / reviews, as well as perusing magazines about what AC was about. Glad I did as it quickly became one of my favorite Gamecube games, as well as one of my favorite series of all time.

I was 2 when the game came out. I've been playing it since I was 5, basically as soon as I was old enough to hold a controller, haha
I remember not being able to get through the tutorial of the game! I could never find all of the villagers without a map so I had to make my big brother do it for me. One day he reset my town and i was so heartbroken because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the tutorial again!

I've been a big fan of the series ever since, haha.

I was ten when the original came out, and I think I got it that year, maybe early the next year? I remember seeing the cover and I thought you could be a cat, and I was so excited, and then SO bummed when I had to be a human. But I quickly grew to love the game anyway. My best friend got it, too, and we visited each other a lot. I remember we both chose in-game boyfriends- mine was Aziz, hers was Pierce. She was so sad when he moved out of her town and then I was like, "Guess who moved in to my town!" and, for a split second, she was mad at me for stealing her boyfriend 😆 That's my main memory from playing that game, lol.

I think I was 18 by the time the game was released in Europe. I did not come from a happy home and I lacked the means to leave so the idea of being able to escape from my life to go live in a forest with cute animals was very appealing to me. Kiki became my best friend and no Animal Crossing game feels complete until she moves in. Black cats 🖤

Got the game in 2002 for Christmas. Still playing it from time to time. Going to be making a new town today, in fact. I still keep my original town too though. Way too many good memories to point out just one.

I was about 3 years old when the game first came out, but I still ended up playing it when I was fairly young!

I was 4. I actually rented the GameCube version so often that a video rental store gave it to me for free. I was obsessed with the GameCube version.

I got the game in 2002, so I would've been 18. Haha, no childhood AC memories for me, since I was always an adult. My favorite memory is probably morning exercises in the plaza during summer. They should bring that back as a rhythm minigame.

I was 13 when the game released in the US in 2002. I first got to play it a month after release.

My favorite memories were the first town I had, which corrupted in early 2003. =( Otherwise, I enjoy the memories of when my sister and I both played the game. Although that led to fighting over who got to play the game when we both wanted to at once. lol

I was 10. I didn't get it though. I could only have a few games and was through gift money if I got it so I picked pokemon.
Actually I only had 3 gamecube games. Seems like a waste of a console. Parents had weird logic.

I remember getting it for my well-played GC at around 10-13, my best memories were always getting around to finally earning the halloween furniture set and anything Tom Nook would give you for your house, I did indeed purchase a new copy for the same old GC to relive my childhood <3 but even in the first AC I always found joy in decorating haha. Sadly don't remember much about my old villagers, but I remember this was my beginning of cranky-obsession :' )

I was -2. I've been maining Villager in Smash Bros. since 2014, but I only got into AC starting 2019 (age 16). I was bored and sad, decided to play Pocket Camp, enjoyed it, after that I played the main four games at the time on emulators to record playthroughs. Last year I got New Horizons.

Back