• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How much time do you spend listening to music a day?

How much time do you spend listening to music a day (on average)?

• Less than one hour

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Between one hour and two hours

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Between two hours and four hours

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Between four hours and six hours

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • More than six hours

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters
I probably listen to it like less than an hour on days I listen to music. I feel satisfied after like 50 minutes tbh.

I turn on some music when I feel anxious, which I am an anxious person. But I also like turning music on when I am reading or typing, cleaning dishes or folding clothing. So I voted for two = four hours because there are days that I don't listen much. Just depends. Since I have been learning 3d modeling on my own, when I am working on that, I am listening to music. Realistically it may be a bit more because of that now.

Mostly two to four hours every day. Part of it is listening on my laptop during my free time while the rest is from driving to get me in a good mood, especially when the roads from where I live can be a warzone sometimes lol.

Around 5 hours? At work I almost always have my headphones in. At home if I’m not watching something on YouTube I usually have some music on in the background.

According to my Spotify wrapped, I listened to about 64 minutes worth of music each day... although that doesn't count the music that I listen to on Youtube or the songs I bought on iTunes years ago

Last edited:
I listen to music on my commute to work every morning, which is about 20 minutes. We play music on our Alexa in the lobby at work, and I typically work 9.75 hr shifts. Then I listen to music coming back home, another 20 mins. Once I get home, my husband and I usually hang around in the kitchen making dinner/cleaning up from the night before, and that can take us anywhere from 1-3 hours so we play music on our soundbar.

I didn't realize I spent more than half my day listening to music until this moment.

It really depends on how busy I am each day? And how late I stay up definitely plays a huge part of it, too.
If I'm up all night it's usually 6+ hours spent listening to music. I mainly just sit in my room all day to listen to music. Sometimes even the same song on repeat for hours. But if I'm working a six hour shift that day, it's typically only about an hour or two spent listening.

it definitely depends on the day - i usually listen to music when doing homework/projects etc so on days I have a lot of work it’s always a lot more, but I suppose equally whenever i play a game i either have a video/show on or i listen to music so really it just depends on my mood. i would say it probably averages to about 2-3hrs a day though?

Voted for 4-6 hours because I'm usually listening to music during work plus or minus an hour or two. I like to have it on to help keep my mind focused/not straying too far from the tasks I have at hand.

It depends! If I'm out in the garden, which could be several hours, I usually have on spotify. Other days, maybe just in the background while I do other things.

i used to spend basically every waking hour listening to music, but ever since i started venturing into the outside world (after overcoming anxiety etc) i've listened to less. i still listen to music for maybe a few hours a day (with a good chunk of it being from radio at work). this graph from last.fm describes the downwards trend pretty well, though it probably is incomplete in the years 2007-2010

edit: i forgot how thorough the last.fm archive is, yikes, i can look up and see that the first song logged in 2006 is the fall's pay your rates, listened to at 12:06pm on january 2nd

Attachments

• lastfmmm.png
    lastfmmm.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
Probably 4-5 hours on average, but I try not to overlisten so I take breaks, some days I only listen for 1 hour. I prefer to absorb it rather than have it as background noise, so when I have a job again, it’s going to be more limited to my free time because I won’t want to make up for time by having it as background noise while I work, nor just spend 5 hours straight from my free time listening to music every day. I voted for 2-4 hours.

i listen to music for probably a majority of my day. when i'm working, i listen to things or watch videos, and i always listen to music when working out or cleaning

Voted for 4-6 hours a day, I listen to music while walking anywhere basically and while working so those hours easily add up!!

i like music, but i only really get the chance during my commute to work. somewhere around 30 minutes - 2 hours depending on what i'm doing for the day.

-

Last edited:
Over the years, I’ve crept from >6hr to <1hr for various reasons. Usually none.

… Although, recently, I’ve been literally singing all day every day, because my toddler constantly wants me to sing. I don’t think that counts though.

Back