How much Halloween celebrating are you doing in your game?

CrankyCupcake

overthinks everything
Bells
Island
Littlestar
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
White Star Fragment
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
A little or a lot? Not at all?

Halloween isn't in my culture, so in real life, I don't celebrate it. But I like Halloween in my game.

I find the Halloween items cute, so I decorate my island here and there. By now, I've already grown more pumpkins than I need. (I harvest and sell. It's a low effort way to earn bells!) Just for fun, I've started dressing up my player character in a different costume every day.

What about you? Do you celebrate? What are you doing to get into the holiday spirit? Have your residents expressed excitement over your decorations? Do you decorate small areas of your island or have you turned your entire island into a Halloween themed park? Are you celebrating Halloween in the game because you enjoy it in real life or because you don't?

autumn-rayobserves-smol.jpg

I already celebrated Halloween at a friend’s island. I plan on pitfalling inviting him over when it comes to my island and goofing around. Aside from participating in the fair and at least one more time of trick or treating, that’s all that I plan on doing. Most of the Halloween stuff I put up are going to be up all year round. IRL, I don’t care for Halloween; I liked it maybe when I was a kid but I am not much of a junk food eater and the parties I have been to have too many people for my anxiety to handle (and a lot of them I don’t know); no plans on going to any parties or even to see a few of my friends until pandemic is over. Can’t risk catching virus and getting my parents, whom I’m dependent on sick.
Post automatically merged:

I did enjoy Halloween in the game so I may be doing some more, but so far, that’s all. I do switch my outfits sometimes to my Punchy outfit when trading with Panda though.

At this point in the month, I'm trying to dedicate as much free leisure time as I can to horror movies since there are only a few days remaining until Halloween. That said, in the lead up, I've set up jack-o-lantern DIYs outside of all of the player houses, put up candy bowls in a few places (such as the front counter of the temporary restaurant/café that I have on my island until Brewster and The Roost come back. I also have a large area dedicated to a field for pumpkins, with a lantern set and scarecrow to go along with it that I think looks nice.

I also
converted one of my rooms, the kitchen, into a Halloween room.

I've decided on costumes for all of my characters as well.

Halloween's my favorite day of the year in real life, so I've really enjoyed the update and what it brought to the game. I don't really intend to play the game on the actual holiday because I'd rather be watching the horror movies previously mentioned, but I'm planning to do the in-game event early, sometime this week, maybe on Friday.

That said, this month has seemed to zip by very quickly. Sorta wish I had more time to enjoy everything.

I’m not really the type to dress up for Halloween irl so my character does the dressing up for me haha so she’s been wearing outfits all month long! I’ve also added Halloween decorations to all my villagers’ yards so they can be in the spirit as well 🥰 aside from that & participating in the fair, that’s as much I’ll celebrate the Halloween season.
(And pick up discounted candy after Halloween)

It's minimal decorating. It's enough to look like Halloween is here but not smothered in pumpkins. I've been enjoying dressing up my character in wacky outfits each week.

I was thinking holding another island event but those are pretty draining, lol. So, who knows.

I'm past the age of trick or treating, and Halloween is not a big deal to me. For the most part, I would scope out small, artsy Halloween parties for adults but this year is a negative for obvious reasons.

i honestly haven’t properly celebrated halloween in quite some time aha; since i consider myself too old for trick or treating + i’ve never been super into costumes, halloween is basically just an opportunity for my family to stock up on junk food and candy bars once the post-halloween sales start nowadays. that being said, i do celebrate in-game, but i haven’t gone all out aha. so far, i’ve planted more pumpkins than i’ll probably ever need, obtained all of the new diys + costumes (besides the ones that are only available on halloween night) and put a few candy bowls in front of rs. it’s not much and i likely won’t be adding anything beyond that but i know my oodles and oodles of pumpkins and the spooky furniture will remain long after the holiday is over c’:

I never got to celebrate halloween as a kid and I feel like I've been making up for it the last couple years!! I have a big pumpkin patch set up on my island with decorations out the front, but I'm honestly not sure if there's any costumes that I'm really vibing with (that I've seen so far). I mostly just want to have all the halloween fun on the 31st and pass out candy!

I am probably going to spend around 30 minutes handing candies to my villagers while completing all the recipes. I really wanted to craft the spooky carriage.

Honestly, I may remove all Halloween decorations sometime mid November. After all, I am more into celebrating Christmas.

Buying ingame candy, doing the event, playing Splatoon's splafest. We don't celebrate Halloween here either but advertisements pretend we do so we get maybe one kid asking for candy every other year.

I never really celebrated Halloween irl but since I've got into Animal Crossing I really started to like it more and more! So now I am both celebrating it irl and ingame! Nothing to big tho, I like being by myself :) So im going to play the game event to the fullest, and irl i am going to watch scary movies and eat candy :)

My island Creyal is already fully decorated for halloween!

I am very inspired and excited by halloween at least in the game, which is probably cause im trying to leave the house as little as possible because of COVID so as a result i am really living the season changes and events.

Everyday i take care of my pumpkins and i dont even know how, everyday i am adding new decorations around my town🙈.

I also nade a couple of post in the Bell Tree forum to see who would be interested to come to my island the 29 yo have a little pre-halloween party 🎉 , and we are 4 i think 💛. Preparing, some small games to play in the island and some presents 🎁 just to make the evening a little bit enjoyable all together.

So yeah, im pretty hyped and digging the halloween 🎃 vibes 🙈 😅

Last edited:
None. I haven’t crafted any Spooky furniture and I’m not growing any pumpkins. I’m not even sure if I’ll play on Halloween as I haven’t played NH in a week or two.

I've crafted and decorated parts of my island with mostly lanterns, scarecrows, and arches. I was kinda hoping I'd get the carriage, but my Nookling refuses to sell it. It's always the lantern, table or chair.

I also dress up in a costume sometimes when I'm in the mood. I also took a few halloween pics for fun. But normally, it's just another ordinary and uneventful day on my island.

I’ve put up some of the spooky set here and there, but nothing really major. I made a costume up that I’m planning on wearing Halloween night. I have stocked up on candies, but after I get all the remaining diys imma just dump the rest of my candies on my deer to stock up on lollipops for decorating with.

I only planted some pumpkins. I don’t like the spooky furniture, so I haven’t crafted any of it, and I don’t plan to unless I decide to use it for my second island.

I finally filled the spot I had been reserving for months for the museum shop with a pumpkin patch and some spooky objects. Watch Nintendo give us the museum shop in the next update. I won't tear everything down, though. It'll have to go somewhere else now.

I don't celebrate it in RL as it's not an Aussie thing, and I always do the minimum in the game.

Just enough to get the last few items. :)

I decorated the outside of my villagers houses, the outside of the resident services building, and the shops. I have put leaf piles everywhere too and generally tried to make things look autumn-like. I am loving this season in the game.

Back