• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How much do you usually spend on a haircut?

I generally cut my own hair, but lately I've been going to a salon and getting it cut for like $25 from a really really good hairdresser that thankfully doesn't cost as much as she probably should

$50 for the cut... But I just got mine cut, bleached and colored... for $380... Yikes

That's insane, I hope they take amazing care of your hair.
I get bleach, toner, and every now and then a conditioning treatment for about $100 every 4 weeks.

Granted, my hair could be in better condition, but even so I wouldn't expect to drop $380 for one visit...

~$7

I only get my hair shortened. No need for fancy cosmetologists with degrees from their prestigious hairdressing programs.

i dont, i just put my hair in a low pony tail when its wet and cut that pony tail off and thats my hair cut lol

About $20, including the tip, between 2-6 months, depending on whether I'm keeping it short or growing it out long. I go to a local?. it's either Super Cuts or Great Clips, I can never remember which. xP
The people there are always very pleasant, and do a great job with my hair. I have really thick hair (my ponytails are 6.25 inches in circumference), but it's actually pretty manageable so I like to keep it thick. I've had a lot of problems in the past with stylists at salons thinning it without my consent, but the people there never have done so. They also recommend a lot of different styles to me, and even taught me multiple ways to trim my bangs and my ends on my own when I mentioned that money was tight and I wouldn't be able to come it for a several months until I got a new job.

50$ by a stylist that always make original haircuts. But I don't go often, just once or twice a year.

Almost everything I do to my hair, I do myself.

I have short hair, so to maintain it, I have to keep trimming it about every other month; my favorite hair salon, albeit filled with really nice employees, charges 20 dollars, and that's not including tip. Thats 120+ a year that I need to survive!! I'm a college student who just moved out okay!?

So I do it myself now. I also bleach and tone my own hair to white every few months or so. Saves so much money to learn to do things yourself :cool:

I'll tell you tomorrow :p. But in all seriousness, maybe $25. I love head massages and a haircut is usually nice. So pretty much worth it. But kudos to everyone who does it themselves. If I did that, I'd probably cut waaaay too much lol.

around ?70 which included cut and colour and a tip, pretty cheap but i found the colour a bit brassy so i'll probably go somewhere more expensive next time heh

I spend ?15 on my haircut which i would consider alot but they do it perfectly, and get rid of the finer hairs and my necks hairs.

50 dollars with perm which is monthly.
$100 if I'm bleaching and dying it.
I get a haircut every two weeks.

Last edited:
All the places near me charge $45+ for a woman's hair cut. Kids and men get way lower prices. My last hair cut I chopped off about 2 feet of hair. It cost me $60.

I go to the work school in my town and let the hair dresser trainees do it for free as their training. Though most of the time I just do it myself and let them fix my mistakes. :blush:

Wow, so many expensive haircuts here. My hairdresser is a family friend so she gives us really good prices, I guess. Now that I think about it she's really selling herself short... The most I've paid is about ?30 for highlights, and I typically get that once a year. Otherwise, it's about ?13 for my ends to be trimmed and sometimes thinned, that's about it.

About 20 dollars. Community business owner.
I used to go to the salons that charged $60-80. However, I'm trying to grow out my hair. For what I require (very minimal trim of the ends), it just wasn't worth paying a large price. :)

Back