• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How many villagers in a New Leaf town

tworedboots

Bells
Does anyone know how many villager slots there are meant to be in a New Leaf town?
I have a copy of the game - it started with 5 villagers and worked up to 8, which I thought would be the max quota.
Then a 9th villager moved in, and it was one of the monkeys, Nana. This was co-incidentally after I had unlocked Club Tortimer on the Resort Island and played online in a Japanese island.
I vaguely remember that in Wild World the monkeys were villager characters that only moved in when you played online - is this still true, does anyone know?
I love Nana, anyway, she was always my favourite monkey. I am definitely going to try and get her picture!

10 villagers maximum and then if you have the campsite built, an 11th villager will visit, but not be able to move in, according to what I've seen posted on tumblr and such

There is actually a thread specifically for questions, so you don't have to make a new thread. It's pinned.
Just lettin' ya know. :)

The 10th villager also either has to be a camper or move in from another town.

The GC one had 15, and I felt that was a bit much considering all the tasks you got to do. Especially when it involves going to neighbor A, B, C, to then retrieve something for neigh X, to trade to neighbor Y, to then receive something from neighbor Z after you go back to neighbor A

8( tedious!!

10 animals + 4 players
Short and sweet answer :D

Dunno about you but the questions thread is a bit "eh", answers are likely in there multiple times because people don't want to dig through it (I guess thats what search is for)

So the monkeys aren't special characters any more then? (and yes, however many pages of questions in the sticky is a bit off putting!)

The GC one had 15, and I felt that was a bit much considering all the tasks you got to do. Especially when it involves going to neighbor A, B, C, to then retrieve something for neigh X, to trade to neighbor Y, to then receive something from neighbor Z after you go back to neighbor A

8( tedious!!
I agree with this 10 is a nice amount :)

8( tedious!!

Yeah, but they no longer do the tedious chains of tasks anymore, so I feel having more villagers wouldn't feel so arduous now.
Though I do admit I always forget who wants what item unless I do it straight away, but I'd still rather we had a couple more villagers. - Maybe not 15 though as the towns are so much smaller than GC.

I personally liked the idea someone else had ages ago of having a flat on mainstreet that could hold 3/4 other villagers that still wandered town like the others.

So for the longest time I read there would be 12. Where did this info come about? I read this on nookapedia and the animal crossing wiki (this one recently changed). I was so disappointed to see 10. But I'll take 10 over 8

Back