• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how many of you have actually thrown a Wii Remote?

have you?

• yes, on purpose.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • yes, on accident.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • no, I haven't.

Votes: 62 68.9%

• Total voters
i've never thrown a wiimote, i have dropped it a few times but i was wearing the wrist strap and was also like, 7

i've never thrown a wiimote intentionally or in frustration (something i never understood that some people do i guess?? anyways LOL) i've always tried to be extra careful with tech and fragile things. there have been a few times where i forgot to wear the wrist strap and it's slipped out of my grip or the few times i've dropped it by accident. the same thing happens to the switch joycons but i do feel like it's happened more frequently than with the wiimote. they're so small and they just slip right out of my hands ;u; which sucks cause i feel they're less durable....but the overall theme here is i try to be careful otherwise i'm shelling out money to replace things, which sucks!

I've never been a controller thrower/abuser. It just never made sense to damage something that you'll then have to replace.

I remember way back my sister got her SNES out of storage to play some games, and the controllers had bite marks all over them and I had a wtf moment lol I knew people chucked controllers...never knew people to bite them...

I wore the wrist strap, so no. But when I was in middle school, my family had our TV inside one of those wooden stands with doors you had to open to see the screen—my dad had built it, so it was very sturdy but the wood was a little rough/unfinished.

Every time I played Wii Tennis, I’d get closer and closer to the screen without noticing each time I swung the racket, until I’d accidentally slam my knuckles into the open wooden door with all my might. Got a lot of big scrapes that way.

No. Although I always wore the wrist strap, I don’t remember it ever slipping from my fingers. Even when I played dancing games like Just Dance and Zumba.

Nope! Neither on accident nor out of frustration. I don't remember using the wrist straps either.

Only once from what I can remember and it was an accident, think it was the first time I played the original Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games when that first came out and was holding the remote too loosely without the strap and lost my grip when I swung it upwards - always made sure to be more careful with it after that 😆

Back