• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how many of you have actually thrown a Wii Remote?

have you?

• yes, on purpose.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • yes, on accident.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • no, I haven't.

Votes: 62 68.9%

• Total voters
I have never done this. But I suppose because I don't swing my arms around like I'm in a life or death battle against a tiger? When I was a smaller child, there were a few instances I would throw my super nintendo controller to the floor in a rage, but those things can take a beating, they still work perfectly to this day!

I remember seeing all these silly posts about Wii remotes in walls and the such. I don't know if it's still a thing, but back when the Wii was around there was a site called Wii have a problem.

I've never had any problems with the Wii mote. I never even used a strap or anything. But one time one of my sister's older friends played the Wii Sport tennis version with me many years ago. He was getting super aggressive with each swing and almost broke the ceiling fan's lights.

Nope I never have. I almost always use the strap depending on the game though. Games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon I never did as those games are super chill so it seemed silly in that case.

I never have. And I really never understood how it could happen in the first place. I suppose I have taken my personal reflexes for granted. I just don't understand opening your hand and releasing the remote at any time. Lol.

Yes, I have thrown a wii remote by accident before waaaaay back somewhere in 2007, and that was the only time it ever happened. For the TV that took the hit, it was a Sony Bravia. Despite that heavy impact, it showed no signs of damage. In fact, I still have that same TV to this day and it still works fine!

For the game that made me throw the Wii remote by accident, it was Wii Sports while in the bowling section lol.

Even prior to the release of the Wii, I've had a history of siblings and less-than-courteous friends and neighbors using my controllers and tossing them across the room, so I already suffered from war flashbacks that made sure I was extremely anal about everyone who made use of my Wii standing a reasonably distance away from the TV and wearing their straps at all times. So no, I've never accidentally thrown the Wii Remote.

That doesn't mean my Wii Remotes were never thrown, however. Just not by me.

I never throw a Wii Mote but someone did throw one of my Wii Motes once. They throw it to my room roof, and i got mad because they wasn't careful. At the end, somehow... It was my fault.

The Mote stop working properly by the way...

Even when I was more prone to get mad at video games as a kid, I still never threw a controller. I’ve always been extremely careful with electronics.

While I have not thrown a Wii remote, my Dad did. He was playing Wii tennis against my sister on my 10th birthday. It was a real "everything slowed down moment" I was cleaning the counters for the party while my sister and Dad were playing Wii Sports. They went through Bowling and then Tennis. My sister asked my dad 3 times if he wanted the strap since he kept on almost dropping the remote. He declined and then proceeded to backhand a swing and launched it off the TV screen, onto the ceiling, and into the wall before it bounced to the ground. We all just watched in awe as his face morphed into horror.

Dad ended up denting and cracking the TV Screen, KOing half the screen. So for that 10th birthday party, we ended up going without the Wii and games. We still have the Wii remote though! Still works great!

Never. There are only a few games I play on the Wii where the Wiimote is absolutely necessary to use, and otherwise I vastly prefer simply using the GameCube controller to play things whenever possible. I always use the wrist strap when I have to use a Wiimote, so yeah, no, it's not going very far even if it were to somehow slip from my grasp (which to my recollection hasn't happened either). I've never gotten frustrated enough to want to throw it purposefully.

Oof considering the fact that the wii belonged to my older brother… nooooo. More liked dropped it and sighed with deep disappointment at the annoyance of the motion controls that decided not to work adequately.

I'm a strap user! Gotta buckle up before some hardcore Wii bowling ;) So not yet.

I also don't like to (accidentally/purposefully) ruin things that are expensive to replace so I don't think anything like this will happen to me soon.

I believe I did once, But I was like 6, so there's that. However dropping it multiple times and almost breaking it, more times than I can count

on sheer accident while playing wii resort. i was bowling and i uh... 'bowled' a little too hard, LMAO. i'm surprised i didn't create a dent in the wall! otherwise i'm not a controller-thrower by any means, even when i was a little kid: i usually just screamed into a pillow or clutched my controller really hard.

I don't remember ever throwing a Wii Remote before, but if I did then it was probably on accident.

It happened once on accident, while playing Mario Kart Wii with the wheel control but without the wrist-strap. To be fair, I was a young teen who just got her braces, so my lack of focus was probably from all the pain I was in lol.

I already made a post here, but I had to change my vote. Ever since I started playing Wii Sports (Resort), I've been throwing my Wii remote a ton by accident. It's to the point where I have to tape everything together (specifically the Wii Motion Plus and the battery compartment or whatever the heck it's called), so it wouldn't fall apart when it hit the ground. I almost broke my TV because of it, and I'm surprised I didn't break anything yet. 😂

Last edited:
I already made a post here, but I had to change my vote. Ever since I started playing Wii Sports (Resort), I've been throwing my Wii remote a ton by accident. It's to the point where I have to tape everything together (specifically the Wii Motion Plus and the battery compartment or whatever the heck it's called), so it wouldn't fall apart when it hit the ground. I almost broke my TV because of it, and I'm surprised I didn't break anything yet. 😂
poofesure would be proud

I threw the wii remote at my siblings idk why they make those mfs so aerodynamic if they don't want people throwing them

Back