• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What’s your story about how you were introduced into the world of Gaming?

The year was 1999. My mom brought me a Super Nintendo system and my kid self was surprised by it. She got me a game for it called "Super Mario World". I was playing it and I was having a fun time. My mom would play around with me and whenever I was having trouble she would tell me how the controls work. We were having fun time together. It was at this moment that I got into playing video games.

I'm told that as a two-year-old, I played Pacman on an arcade machine at a pizza parlor, and by "played," I mean they let me see the screen in attract mode and mess around with the joystick without putting a quarter in the machine. But that was it, I was hooked for life already, before I can even remember.

My earliest actual memories of gaming are of playing the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt combo cartridge we had with the NES in my house when I was three or four.

I wouldn't say that anyone introduced me, I made all of my discoveries on my own. ^o^;>

Dunno, Pokémon existed in our household before I did (barely though).

I loved Yellow (the color) as a toddler, Pokémon Yellow and Gold are probably my earliest gaming experiences. I can't really differentiate such old memories from such a young mind. I was absolutely obsessed with one of them. Probably Yellow until I learned there are other Pokémon games as well. I definitely remember thinking that Pokémon Gold is the peak of gaming. Like what do you mean??? MORE colors??? Brilliant.

My older sister also let me play Barbie Explorer, though maybe it was bought for me? She was never as much into Barbie as I was, I think. It was her PlayStation though, she played Tomb Raider.

My Mom and Dad both played PC games, mostly of the FPS variety. So naturally, I wanted to play as well. Weirdly, they didn't mind me playing things like DOOM and Duke Nukem 😅

My brother was the one to introduce me to consoles, because he got an SNES one year for Christmas, and we played that a lot. However, I was the first in the family to get into handhelds! :3 When Pokémon became popular, I desperately wanted to play the games after watching the TV Show. So I got Pokémon Yellow and a Gameboy Color for Christmas and the rest is history. :D

Growing up, my cousins always seemed to have the newest gaming systems. Not sure what my first time gaming was, but it may have been on their wii when I was 7. They showed me wii sports resort and I tried the bowling. I remember I was wearing a purple shirt with white flowers on it that night, and my mii had one too! When I bowled, I got a spare and the announcer saying it all the sudden scared me! So I ran into the other room and tried to lay down on the couch but my uncle was fast asleep on it lol. (Nobody realized I was scared lol) That year, my dad got a wii for my immediate family. I became obsessed with it and quickly got over my fear of the announcer. I remade my miis out of paper and drew miis all the time. We also played some xbox games at my cousin’s house. Another early gaming memory I have is playing one of the Super Smash Brothers games with my cousins. Not sure which, it might have even been the first one because I think there were like 2 rows of character I always was pikachu or kirby. I had no idea what was going on but It’s still a very fond memory for me. Other cousins of mine had Mariokart and Mario Sports mix but that was a bit later. Just a bunch of fond memories :^) I don’t actually game that much, but it feels very special, especially with family and friends!

The first console I was introduced to was the original PlayStation, which my dad already had before I was born. The first few games I remembered playing were Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Crash Team Racing, Destruction Derby 2, Twisted Metal III, Twisted Metal: Small Brawl, Pong: The Next Level, Dexter's Laboratory: Mandark's Lab, Spyro: Year of the Dragon (gotta replay that one as it's now the year of the dragon again), and various games on those Pizza Hut demo discs that my mom - who worked there at the time - got from a promotion. I also got a GameCube around 2004, and that would also subsequently get me into some of the Mario games, such as Sunshine, Double Dash, Mario Party 6 & 7, and even the Tennis and Baseball games. It wasn't until I got a PlayStation 2 for Christmas in 2005 would I start to really get into video games, mostly racing titles such as Midnight Club 3, most Need for Speed games, Gran Turismo 4, and so on. I also got a Wii in 2008, and was introduced to City Folk - my first Animal Crossing game. Other consoles I got growing up included the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DSi and PlayStation 3.

I still have all those consoles today in working condition, as they brought me nostalgic value of simpler times in gaming. I'd love to be able to revisit some of those titles I still have today.

My first video game was Freddie Fish, which was my childhood favorite. I was also into a number of other PC games, but Freddie was one I played alot. I was also, and am still into Zoo Tycoon 1.

I played that alot, as a kid I wasn't the best, but pretty much my whole family had their own zoos, and my sister and I got tips from our mom. I also enjoyed releasing all the animals, esspecially when I was at like four stars.

First I suspose REAL game was Spyro: Enter the Dragon Fly. Me and my friend were heading out to the park but my dad called us down to show us. We weren't interested at first but started to really like it. I never finished it because some of the levels were too scary for little me. If levels were too scary for me I got people to play them.

At the time you could rent games from stores, and we played a large verity. At the time I was a fan of Pokémon and I played Gale of Darkness to death. It was my first Pokémon game. I Always rented, and always put it on hold. I played a number of other Game Cube games too. I still own the Same Game cube. Though I mostly just enjoy speed running movie spin offs lol.

Back