Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Red Candy
I would really like to know more about the diversity of climates of all the members of the forum. I would like to have details on each season about temperatures, snow/rain patterns, wind, day length, cloudiness, etc. Btw if you're American, I don't mind if you write in F? as I understand that too. (but C? is always appreciated).

I live in Zapopan, in Guadalajara Mexico. The climate type is Cwa. The average annual temperature is 17.6?. We experience very huge thermal differences between the morning and the noon almost all the year. In the next graph you can see the annual temperatures:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-07-09 a la(s) 20.00.09.jpg

Spring is generally very dry and very hot. Although march's mornings can get to 7?, the noon is 27?, or sometimes higher. There is no rain, and it's very sunny, with very few clouds. It gets really windy. April and May are even drier and hotter, with 35? not being too rare. Actually, May, is the hottest month of the year. In May, we can hit 38?-39?.

Summer is very rainy and hot. Rainy season starts in June with the first rains being mild, and July presenting very strong thunderstorms, with a lot of rainfall (sometimes even hail) and very strong wind. As the days are longer you would expect the temperatures to rise, but they don't. We only get to 29?-24? in the noon, but the nights are warmer as well, with 16?-18? being very common. Rains are generally presented on the afternoon and the night, with very strong wind and sometimes hurricanes (even tornadoes have occurred). The rain is so strong that the city presents floods almost every time it rains. The days get generally get very cloudy, although most noons are be sunny.

Fall is rainy and mild. Fog is very common during the morning. September is very cloudy, with very most of the day being overcast. Strong rains are also very common during this time. Mornings start getting colder, but noons are still 25?. October is still very cloudy, but the rains are much milder, with the last rains of the year being presented. As the days get shorter, and strong winds from the north are received, mornings start falling below 10?. November is sunnier overall, but it gets driers, as the rains stop. Winds increase. The mornings get cold, with 4? being the norm, and 23? on the same noon.

Winter is dry and cold. It's cloudy half of the time. December mornings can fall as deep as 2?, but the same afternoons are 22?. Almost no rain is expected. Below zero temperatures can happen. It gets a bit windier. Because of the shorter days, January is very cold, with mornings being 1?, and the temperatures falling below zero sometimes. It's cloudy, but no rain. February is very dry as well, and the temperatures rise quickly.

Last edited:
i live in Kansas and let me say its HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT about mid 90s and a few hundred days... also its rly humid this year which makes it worse

Last edited:
I live in Los Angeles and we're in the mid 70Fs here but slowly going up to 80 and possibly 90s by the end of the week. Its mostly always cloudly in the mornings which is really weird. Normally by this time it would be in the 90s and humid but this year the weather has been really different.

i live in south texas, so it gets reaaalllyyyy hot. im talking high 90s to low 100?f. it sucks :/ i cant wait for it to be cold again

I live in New Zealand and because I'm in the southern hemisphere it is winter here. Today it is going to be a high of 16 and a low of 6 degrees. In summer it is typically something like a high of 25 and a low of 15 degrees. Luckily the winter weather is slowly disappearing because a few weeks ago ice would cover our stairs and we would have to get out of the house a different way because the ice was so slippery. That hasn't happened for a while though. Lately where I live it has been raining loads too and the sun hasn't been showing much at all.

I'm in Florida, US. Average lately has been low-mid 90s F for the summer.

Oh that's pretty hot! I guess it rains a lot doesn't it? Do you get hurricanes?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i live in Kansas and let me say its HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT about mid 90s and a few hundred days... also its rly humid this year which makes it worse

Oh really? But how about the winters in Kansas? Dl you get tornadoes?

North Texas. As with a lot of other places around this time of year in the US, it gets really hot. Lately it has been in the 90’s F during the day, and even surpassing 100 F at times. We did get some rain last Saturday though.

I live in Los Angeles and we're in the mid 70Fs here but slowly going up to 80 and possibly 90s by the end of the week. Its mostly always cloudly in the mornings which is really weird. Normally by this time it would be in the 90s and humid but this year the weather has been really different.

Really? It seems pretty mild for LA! Who would have thought NYC is hotter than LA rn! When does it rain the most?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i live in south texas, so it gets reaaalllyyyy hot. im talking high 90s to low 100?f. it sucks :/ i cant wait for it to be cold again

Oof, those are the temperatures we reach here in May. I like it cold as well, but winters here are very dry :(. Do you live on the dry or rainy part of Texas?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I live in New Zealand and because I'm in the southern hemisphere it is winter here. Today it is going to be a high of 16 and a low of 6 degrees. In summer it is typically something like a high of 25 and a low of 15 degrees. Luckily the winter weather is slowly disappearing because a few weeks ago ice would cover our stairs and we would have to get out of the house a different way because the ice was so slippery. That hasn't happened for a while though. Lately where I live it has been raining loads too and the sun hasn't been showing much at all.

It's very interesting that the seasons are the other way around in the south! I can't even imagine having Christmas while it's hot! I'm sure you'll finally have your seasons right in ACNH!

- - - Post Merge - - -

North Texas. As with a lot of other places around this time of year in the US, it gets really hot. Lately it has been in the 90’s F during the day, and even surpassing 100 F at times. We did get some rain last Saturday though.
Yeah, summer really sucks. I guess where you live is pretty dry isn't it?

Last edited:
Really? It seems pretty mild for LA! Who would have grigg that NYC is hotter than LA rn! When does it rain the most?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oof, those are the temperatures we reach here in May. I like it cold as well, but winters here are very dry :(. Do you live on the dry or rainy part of Texas?

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's very interesting that the seasons are the other way around in the south! I can't even imagine having Christmas while it's hot! I'm sure you'll finally have your seasons right in ACNH!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes. In New Zealand and Australia, it is a tradition to have a big family BBQ on Christmas day. I can't imagine Christmas being cooped up inside away from the cold. It is sort of nice in Winter though being able to play ACNL and feel like it is summer again.

Oh really? But how about the winters in Kansas? Dl you get tornadoes?

extremely cold (most of the time -25 F) well this year we have had sooooooooo many ive lost count lmao but we usually dont or atleast haven't for awhile in years past

Cold.

Well it's not cold right now, but it is for much of the year. I enjoy the cold to a certain extent, but winters can be unpleasant at times.

Really? It seems pretty mild for LA! Who would have grigg that NYC is hotter than LA rn! When does it rain the most?

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

very dry ahaha we dont get much rain unless its a rainy season

I'll try my best here but I can't guarantee that I'll eek out every fine details how the climate is from where I live.

Living in Canada, Toronto, Ontario, it is summer right now with temperatures averaging about 25C or even 30C on very hot days. The majority of the days are clear and sunny, but there are occasional cloudy and rainy days so it's not a desert out here hehehe. As for the length of daylight, the sun rose as early as around 5:30 AM and setting around 9:05 PM during the summer solstice. Now that we're past that at this time of the post, daylight is slowly getting shorter again.

As for winter, the sun doesn't rise until around 7:45 AM in the morning and sets before 5 PM. But since we follow daylight savings time from where I live, it twists my brain a little whether it is one hour ahead or behind?!?! That aside, the weather still has it's fair share of sunny days. Cloudy days are a bit more common and sadly, it rains slightly more often than it rains. I'm pretty sure it snowed more when I was younger. Funnily enough, the city had a pretty bad snow day that school was closed for a day! Temperatures were either close to the freezing point or averaging below -10C. I'd rather not get into spring or fall thank you very much. XD

And that's how the climate is from where I live, at least in my experience. I hope you enjoyed reading this at least!

Yeah, as xii said, it’s pretty dry here, especially during the summer. Ironically enough, however, we just had some thunderstorms move through that lasted about an hour or two. :p

Last edited:
i'm in minnesota. right now on average it's been in the 70s and 80s. it's been SUPER rainy though. i swear we've been getting it every few days, certain areas keep flooding and it's honestly getting old.

winters are super brutal as well. i wanna say it's usually in the teens or single digits?? we were affected by the cold snap last year where it reached like -30 with a -60 windchill for a few days. we also got like 75 inches of snow, 40 of which over the span of one month. it was crazy, i couldn't see around corners while driving to school bc the snow was THAT high. it was taller than me in some spots. i'm honestly lucky i didn't get into an accident bc i was just kinda blindly pulling out into traffic.

Hmm that is a hard question. In the past years it rains a little to nothing they announced California as a drought. At some point the rain we had fixed it and we went back to the drought last year? I don't remember but it got fixed again with all the rain we had until mid-May which was some rare phenomenon. Though If I had to pick a month it would have to be December.

Yes. In New Zealand and Australia, it is a tradition to have a big family BBQ on Christmas day. I can't imagine Christmas being cooped up inside away from the cold. It is sort of nice in Winter though being able to play ACNL and feel like it is summer again.

Do you have fall foliage down there?

- - - Post Merge - - -

extremely cold (most of the time -25 F) well this year we have had sooooooooo many ive lost count lmao but we usually dont or atleast haven't for awhile in years past
When I was 6 yo, I remember being afraid of ever going to Kansas because of the tornadoes. Anyways we once got a tornado where I live, which is pretty unusual, specially because it's very mountainous.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cold.

Well it's not cold right now, but it is for much of the year. I enjoy the cold to a certain extent, but winters can be unpleasant at times.

Yeah, I like cold winters and falls, but I could not imagine having cold summers as well. I would like to have colder winters :(.

- - - Post Merge - - -

very dry ahaha we dont get much rain unless its a rainy season

Oh really? That sucks. What about the cloudiness?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll try my best here but I can't guarantee that I'll eek out every fine details how the climate is from where I live.

Living in Canada, Toronto, Ontario, it is summer right now with temperatures averaging about 25C or even 30C on very hot days. The majority of the days are clear and sunny, but there are occasional cloudy and rainy days so it's not a desert out here hehehe. As for the length of daylight, the sun rose as early as around 5:30 AM and setting around 9:05 PM during the summer solstice. Now that we're past that at this time of the post, daylight is slowly getting shorter again.

As for winter, the sun doesn't rise until around 7:45 AM in the morning and sets before 5 PM. But since we follow daylight savings time from where I live, it twists my brain a little whether it is one hour ahead or behind?!?! That aside, the weather still has it's fair share of sunny days. Cloudy days are a bit more common and sadly, it rains slightly more often than it rains. I'm pretty sure it snowed more when I was younger. Funnily enough, the city had a pretty bad snow day that school was closed for a day! Temperatures were either close to the freezing point or averaging below -10C. I'd rather not get into spring or fall thank you very much. XD

And that's how the climate is from where I live, at least in my experience. I hope you enjoyed reading this at least!

Yeah, I've heard from other people that it used to snow more. That really sucks. Thank you for answering! I enjoyed learning about your climate! What about the January cold craziness? How cold did it get?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, as xii said, it’s pretty dry here, especially during the summer. Ironically enough, however, we just had some thunderstorms move through that lasted about an hour or two. :p

Do you ever get tornadoes where you live?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm in minnesota. right now on average it's been in the 70s and 80s. it's been SUPER rainy though. i swear we've been getting it every few days, certain areas keep flooding and it's honestly getting old.

winters are super brutal as well. i wanna say it's usually in the teens or single digits?? we were affected by the cold snap last year where it reached like -30 with a -60 windchill for a few days. we also got like 75 inches of snow, 40 of which over the span of one month. it was crazy, i couldn't see around corners while driving to school bc the snow was THAT high. it was taller than me in some spots. i'm honestly lucky i didn't get into an accident bc i was just kinda blindly pulling out into traffic.

I love Minnesota! I've always wanted to go there! That sounds VERY cold! How did you deal with the cold snap?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm that is a hard question. In the past years it rains a little to nothing they announced California as a drought. At some point the rain we had fixed it and we went back to the drought last year? I don't remember but it got fixed again with all the rain we had until mid-May which was some rare phenomenon. Though If I had to pick a month it would have to be December.

Ironically enough, when I went to LA, a heavy thunderstorm came, making me think I was a pretty rainy city lmao.

It's generally warm but because I'm so fit I'm actually very hot

Ironically enough, when I went to LA, a heavy thunderstorm came, making me think I was a pretty rainy city lmao.

Can depend on the area. For example the valley. It can rain hard and the street s flooded but not a drop of rain will hit my area (i live near the downtown la area) and it'll just be cloudy.

Back