How is the climate where you live?

Yes, there were icicles just about under every roof and power lines. Don't get me started on the sidewalks. Me and ice don't go well together so it's really really tough trying to get through by foot.

They say spring snow is worse and more miserable. Is it true? Why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, we do actually. It's definitely not as pronounced as other regions of the US, but it does occur here. :)

Do you get snow there?

Do you get snow there?

We do, but very rarely. I'm talking like once a year if it happens to happen. Most winters we don't get snow at all. Usually if we get anything, it's ice instead which sucks because it makes driving even more difficult, lmao

usually correct LOL it doesn't even start to feel like spring to me until late april if we're lucky. honestly though every year is different, some are warmer than others. in 2012 it was 80 degrees in march while the following year we were still getting snowstorms in May, soo *shrugs*
this year, despite being in the 30s and 40s, all of the snow we had took forever to melt and wasn't gone until mid april. typically, snow and cold weather is still common in march/april, it just isn't the kind of intense cold we get in the winter months.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-07-16 a la(s) 10.57.19.jpg

Your climate makes me think a lot of this image LOL.

But seriously, the weather were I live is crazy as well. I mean last January there was a day 0? (32 F?). The day after that was like 26? (78 F?). We once even got a tornado in June, and also we got 5 feet of HAIL some weeks ago. 5 FEET ON SUMMER. And it was not your usual hail, it began accumulating on the floor until it became a 5 feet-tall layer of ice in JUNE.

Almost always raining. It's one of the many reasons why I can't wait to move out.
There's almost never any heat, which would make you think that we at least get to enjoy snow during the winter, right? Nope.

Last edited:
View attachment 226901

Your climate makes me think a lot of this image LOL.

But seriously, the weather were I live is crazy as well. I mean last January there was a day 0? (32 F?). The day after that was like 26? (78 F?). We once even got a tornado in June, and also we got 5 feet of HAIL some weeks ago. 5 FEET ON SUMMER. And it was not your usual hail, it began accumulating on the floor until it became a 5 feet-tall layer of ice in JUNE.

firstly yes that image pretty much sums it up haha

but woah, 5 feet tall layer of ice?? i just looked it up and found some pictures and that's wild. i didn't even know that was possible, let alone during this time of the year.

I live in the south of New Zealand. Where I live, we have a maritime/oceanic temperate climate which means we don't usually have varied weather extremes of highs and lows.

Our monthly averages look like this:
hYlRdxM.jpg

Since we're in the southern hemisphere it's winter right now, and our summer lasts through December to February. The hottest it's ever been is 42 ?C, and the coldest it's ever been is -7 ?C. It's semi-arid where I live, so it's very dry most of the time with low humidity levels and low amounts of rainfall (about 622 mm per year).

We don't have any weather related natural disasters in my particular part of NZ. The only thing we really get is the weak tail of a tropical cyclone (or hurricane). We get strong winds regularly and the occasional intense rain storm but that's about it. We don't often get snow as we're too close to sea level for it to settle, but we get a good foot of snow once a decade lol.

Almost always raining. It's one of the many reasons why I can't wait to move out.
There's almost never any heat, which would make you think that we at least get to enjoy snow during the winter, right? Nope.

But the rain all the year makes the landscape green all year, doesn't it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh many many hurricanes, they're somewhat common. Plus my state is a peninsula, which also raises those chances lol

Does it rain all the year?

- - - Post Merge - - -

firstly yes that image pretty much sums it up haha

but woah, 5 feet tall layer of ice?? i just looked it up and found some pictures and that's wild. i didn't even know that was possible, let alone during this time of the year.

Yeah, and the ice did not even melt until afternoon! Like wth is wrong with the ice. Literal ice was coming out of people's toilets.

I live in the south of New Zealand. Where I live, we have a maritime/oceanic temperate climate which means we don't usually have varied weather extremes of highs and lows.

Our monthly averages look like this:
hYlRdxM.jpg

Since we're in the southern hemisphere it's winter right now, and our summer lasts through December to February. The hottest it's ever been is 42 ?C, and the coldest it's ever been is -7 ?C. It's semi-arid where I live, so it's very dry most of the time with low humidity levels and low amounts of rainfall (about 622 mm per year).

We don't have any weather related natural disasters in my particular part of NZ. The only thing we really get is the weak tail of a tropical cyclone (or hurricane). We get strong winds regularly and the occasional intense rain storm but that's about it. We don't often get snow as we're too close to sea level for it to settle, but we get a good foot of snow once a decade lol.

Ok, first of all, thanks for taking the time to answer. Secondly, I don't know if you made that graph, but it's very cute and it totally matches your aesthetic!

Back to the climate talk, your climate sounds very pleasant! With no extreme weather events, it might be very safe to live in! I really like oceanic climates! As you have rain all year, I guess it's green all the year, isn't it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

TOO HOT TOO HOT TOO HOT

Oof, summer sucks.

Here we get cold winters and hot summers. Basically it ranges from -40C to +40C. For the past week it's been in the 30s and super sunny for about half the day and then thunderstorms for the other half of the day.

I'm kind of smack dab in the middle of Canada btw

Last edited:
Average European here. Our climate has always been ****ed to be honest, like sometimes there's no snow in the winter and sometimes the summer doesn't surpass 29?C. Wind and rain have become more and more rare over the past decade, which is probably worrying to some degree but we live in the middle of nowhere too. We were also affected by the hottest summer in years, but it wasn't a new high for us. It just didn't happen within the last 30 years, but we've seen that kind of heat before. Our snowfall has slowly moved passed Christmas, which sucks because workers are more and more affected by bad roads and frozen equipment right after experiencing the most expensive month. Right now we just have weird seasons, I guess I was lucky to grow up inbetween two climate **** ups.

I live in Maryland. In December it’s usually 34? to 47? and in July it’s usually 80? to 90? degrees but lately the weather has been 100? and the worst part it’s always so humiddd :(

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, in spring all it does is FRICKING rain and I HATE it because the weather gets even more humid after that.

Last edited:
Just about, at least the majority of the year. It's been raining almost daily here during the summer lol

How cold does it usually get in winter?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here we get cold winters and hot summers. Basically it ranges from -40C to +40C. For the past week it's been in the 30s and super sunny for about half the day and then thunderstorms for the other half of the day.

I'm kind of smack dab in the middle of Canada btw

I'm pretty sure you get a lot of snow in winter, don't you?

I live in Florida so it's the rainy season right now. That means nice and cool when it rains and hellishly humid any other time, yay.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hello fellow Floridian.

Been under heat weather watch since early this week and were expecting storms tonight!

Average European here. Our climate has always been ****ed to be honest, like sometimes there's no snow in the winter and sometimes the summer doesn't surpass 29?C. Wind and rain have become more and more rare over the past decade, which is probably worrying to some degree but we live in the middle of nowhere too. We were also affected by the hottest summer in years, but it wasn't a new high for us. It just didn't happen within the last 30 years, but we've seen that kind of heat before. Our snowfall has slowly moved passed Christmas, which sucks because workers are more and more affected by bad roads and frozen equipment right after experiencing the most expensive month. Right now we just have weird seasons, I guess I was lucky to grow up inbetween two climate **** ups.

Well, based on your description it looks like your climate is oceanic. It's pretty cloudy, isn't it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I live in Maryland. In December it’s usually 34? to 47? and in July it’s usually 80? to 90? degrees but lately the weather has been 100? and the worst part it’s always so humiddd :(

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, in spring all it does is freaking rain and I HATE it because the weather gets even more humid after that.

And how's fall?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I live in Florida so it's the rainy season right now. That means nice and cool when it rains and hellishly humid any other time, yay.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hello fellow Floridian.

Which months are in many season?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Been under heat weather watch since early this week and were expecting storms tonight!

Yay! I like storms :).

Temperatures of 90-100 are now common over here ;_; it can be hot, even at night, but I still love summer over winters.

There's a decent amount of clouds and right now, its been raining a lot, making it humid.

I like rainy days and sunny days both. Its hard to pick a favorite, unless it's extremely hot or extremely rainy, I don't mind either. :)

Back