• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you pronounce "TBT"?

How do you pronounce "TBT"?

• The Bell Tree

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Tee-bee-tee

Votes: 129 94.2%
  • Tuh-buh-tuh

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Too-boo-too

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tibbit

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tib't

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please share in comments!)

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Usually I say tee-bee-tee but I also sometimes say the French pronounciation, té-bé-té! (Probably because I'm from Quebec, aka Canada's primary French-speaking province. Either way, I think it sounds really nice.)

...Now I'm really tempted to say tuh-buh-tuh. 😂

I never really have the reason to say it in person honestly, but when i think about it in my head i hear ''tee-bee-tee''

i always say tee-bee-tee, i never imagined there would be any other way to say it. in my head i always say tbt instead of the full name.

In my native language the closest sound to my pronunciation is "Tee-bee-tee", my pronunciation is actually "Ti-bi-ti". There are certain things that, in my mind, I keep pronouncing in my own language, like numbers and acronyms. Obviously if I speak out loud it doesn't happen, but in my mind it does LOL

tee-bee-tee all the way! Most abbreviations I'll just say the capitals for 👍

Usually I just say tee-bee-tee (when referring to Bells) or The Bell Tree (when referring to the site, or when it's ambiguous), but sometimes I call it Tibet as a joke.

I say tee-bee-tee always, it’s the abbreviations I’m particular about.

TBT is the site location (ex: “here’s a sketch for art I made for a contest on TBT.”)
tbt is the site currency (ex: “I’ll make an offer of 500 tbt for that collectible.”
igb is the currency in game (sometimes I’ll also just say AC bells)

I pronounce it as "tee bee tee", in the same way that Taylor Swift says "me hee hee" in her hit song "Me!"

Tuh-may-toe.

... "Tee-bee-tee" like most other folks. Although when I see "TBT" my inner dialogue will often just lengthen it out to "The Bell Tree" anyway when it's about the forums. But the currency is always just "tee-bee-tee," the short form.

I usually just call it "Bell Tree." I used to say each letter of TBT individually, but "tibbit" is a lot more fun to say.

i just say "the bell tree".. although, i do say "tee-bee-tee" in my head sometimes.

Back