• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do YOU pronounce Beau?

How do YOU say Beau's name?

• I say "bow", which rhymes with "go"!

Votes: 145 67.8%
  • I say "byew", like in beautiful!

Votes: 61 28.5%
  • Other! (comment)

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tbh I didn't know that people said it any other way than byew, like beautiful. I'm kinda surprised to see that saying it like "bow" is more common 0:

"Bow" is the correct pronunciation, in my opinion.
"Beau" is a French term, and it means "handsome." In the French language, it is pronounced "Bow." Therefore I pronounce it as "bow."

Last edited:
Look at my signature and title.
Guess how I say it.
Yep, you guessed correctly, the French way obviously. xD

Last edited:
Surprised, at how some players say this.
Plus it depends how you pronounce 'bow'.
Bow as in bow & arrow or a ribbon in the hair tied into a bow; or bow as in how Japanese people do on greeting.
So more clearer I suppose is to consider it is pronounced 'bo' (as kayleee says).

Last edited:
Bow, I think that's the correct way to say his name, but I think Beau as in beautiful fits him better ♡

Like the second one... Kinda rhymes with 'view' but with b? Lol I just adopted Beau in my new town haha

I pronounce it Bow, as "Beau" is French and that is how they pronounce it. Incidentally, my town is named Beaumont as I love French place names.

Bow (like snow, go, low, etc) because the names origins suggest that would be how it's pronounced, and it appears to be the most popular pronunciation here as well. Could be wrong though!

Back