How do you practice self-care?

sleep, put on clean clothes, do my makeup to feel pretty, wash up, try to eat when my stomach feels empty/isgrowling, hang out w some friends, smoke some green, listen to relaxing music, take my pills every day on time.

oh and of course, pet my cats. how could i forget

Last edited:
Constantly testing my blood sugar, and having insulin injections.
Take my anxiety medication.

Exercise.
Play with the cat. ^_^

dedicating a night to a warm bath, as well as a complete skincare routine always feels nice, especially when paired with a cup of coffee and any of the harry potter novels. less appealing, but necessary self care includes makin’ sure i eat and takin’ my meds !!

Candles, candles, candles.
Nothing can put my soul at ease like filling my bedroom with candles, dimming the lights, and relaxing in bed. Will usually put on my favorite go-to movies (usually Star Wars), or video games.
I'll also fill up my bathroom with candles, put on some music and take a bubble bath.

I definitely know how to take care of myself.

Even though I often forget to do anything healthy during the day, I try to remember to drink water so I won't end up worsening my headaches.

I was going to say I don't really do anything but I mean I eat three meals a day and have a regular sleep schedule so hopefully that counts?

i eat relatively healthy most of the time, sleep an ok amount of hours um thats about it

Meh, I just take a shower, brush my teeth, and sleep half the time. I try to cook something up when there’s something in the fridge, but i’m trying really hard to stop cooking the 4 packs of bacon we have right now to fix up BLT’s or Bacon and Eggs... UGH!

I snuggle my cats, make a tiny feast for my flying squirrel, go to bed early enough to get 8 hours of sleep, ride my bike places, eat mostly healthy food, clean my house, maintain my yard, take my vitamins, drink water, etc.

first and foremost i always do something that makes me happy. sometimes if i'm in a bad mood i'm afraid i'll get even more bummed if it doesn't work, but usually things i hold dear to me tend to make me feel at least somewhat better :)
also, as cliche as it sounds, i drink a lot of water. for me, it's just a habit at this point. staying hydrated makes your body happy, and often helps me avoid headaches.

it all depends. i don't do all of these things in one day to "practice self care" as a daily routine or anything, but if need be i'll take time to read, go for a walk or a jog, talk to my friends, watch a movie or a series on netflix, catch up on youtube videos, do some studying, rewrite my lecture notes, clean my room, water some plants, sit outside and watch the clouds (especially if i can't stop thinking about everything, i'll do this. sometimes i can't focus on anything at all because there's too much going on in my head & this helps me clear it). just general things i feel like everyone does subconsciously to make themselves feel better at some point or another.

Not physically no. But mentally yes. I find it much better for my state of mind (and insanity) to think positively so I just focus on the things that make me happy and try to be happy. :)

Exercise, music, styling my hair with product and losing myself in video games after it all ^-^

i like putting on makeup and nice clothes, doing skincare and other hygiene things, listening to soft music, and writing poetry.

I take a quick shower, making sure to scrub my scalp and exfoliate my face, then I'll take a bath with music playing and candles lit. I also eat something if I feel hungry, which is usually fruit with something easy to cook like pasta.

i struggle with self care a lot. usually taking a long bath with one of those nice smelling bathbombs helps... slapping on a face mask and sitting in some hot water definitely helps physically.

Mentally and emotionally are definitely more difficult for me. Usually I listen to music or play games to distract myself. I guess distraction is a type of self care.

Back