• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

How do you practice self-care?

I practice self care by going on walks, listening to music and drawing when im stressed, I eat when I'm hungry, but I'm trying to eat more protein so I can lose some weight, oh! And when I overthink, by my fiance's request, I tell him about it and cry it out in his company

I try to make sure I do at least one enjoyable activity every day like playing Pocket Camp or ACNL or watching a TV show or movie. I generally try to sleep around 11pm (but that doesn't always happen but it's becoming pretty rare). I have been getting lazy at taking walks so I'll try to get back on schedule with that. :)

Going out somewhere on weekends or free time during the week also helps. A change in environment is always great.

doing my skin care routine every mourning & night, lighting candles, stretching, & eating healthy meals I suppose.
though I haven't been keeping up w/ eating enough and my skin care this past week :c

I've started to add more cooking into my self care routine, I find choosing a brand new recipe and being able to make it taste really good boosts my confidence.

i listen to music, read, take relaxing showers, play some animal crossing, etc.

- Lot of baths with bubbles or salts (eucalyptus is my favorite). Water is calming to me. My main thing used to be late swimming but I can't really do that here so...a bath will have to do followed with a yummy smelling face mask (green tea <3) so I can internally cry that I can't eat my face.

- Going for a walk at the nearby parks or downtown. I'd love to live in a place with decent hiking spots.

- Putting focus on the dog. Taking her to the park. Kinda goes with above lol.

- Cooking something that has a lot of prep. On a normal day that would be like ugh prep. But I think when you need a pick me up doing something a bit repetitive is nice and slows things down...so making some eggrolls or a pot of pho...babysitting that pot of broth for the whole day and then having a rewarding bowl of gold <3.

- Treating myself to sushi and tiramisu

- Gardening on a good day not a mid summer die in the heat day haha

- Movie marathons

- Looking at all the puppies adoptable to make my husband fear for his life

- Meditate

Playing music games has always been something that makes me feel pretty good. Concentrating on the music and charts keeps my brain busy and I'm less likely to overthink dumb, little things. I also turn to drawing or painting most often, creating is something I find satisfying.

I have a "feel better" playlist on YouTube as well that's just full of short stupid videos that make me smile.

Oh and lately, makeup and skin care? I've gotten serious about treating my rosacea so looking for products that keep my flare ups at a minimum feels good. Makeup has become a lot of fun and I like experimenting with different brands.

A couple of times a month I do a proper skin cleansing routine which always makes me feel refreshed.
Paint my nails
Light a candle and read
In winter I like to snuggle with all the blankets and watch a movie
And then on the daily just making sure to eat the main 3 meals, drink water and keeping my room clean

I play video games, watch some comfort television shows, make sure I at least try to get enough rest. I'm an introvert so all of these things really charge my mental batteries. :)

By getting proper sleep and washing myself with the blood of the innocent and axe.

Back