How do you mix up Nook shopping items?

Polly24

Bells
The Nook shopping items that you can buy when you visit the terminal in resident services, is there a way to get the game to give you more variety?
I get the same items day after day after day. Always the hose reel, Nintendo Switch Lite and usually a flamingo.
Do I have to buy things even if I don't want them to make the game offer me something different?
I'm also just getting the same DIYs all the time - beach bottles, from villagers and on Kapp'n islands, 9 times out of 10 it's a DIY I already have.
When there are SO many items and DIYs within the game I don't understand why it limits you so much? It's hard to progress designing my island when I can't get anything new.
Does anyone have any insight what I can do?

I sympathize a lot. I recently gave up on getting new DIYs organically and instead bought the ones I was missing on this site from the vendors in the Nook's Cranny forum. I was so frustrated with how my villagers were almost always cooking even though I already had all of the cooking recipes.

As for getting new items, have you already bought one each of the items in your Nook's Shopping list? If you have the bells to spare, I'd suggest trying it to see if anything changes. You can just sell the items back at the store to get some of your bells back if you don't want to keep them. Nook's Shopping has a limited catalogue of items though. I've never seen the various furniture sets there, only at the store.

Can I ask how long you've been playing ACNH? Do you already have all of the upgrades to Nook's Cranny, or are you still selling to Tom in the resident services tent?

The Nook Shopping thing happens to me too, but it's not much else a problem with me. Sometimes when I'm lucky enough I might get something different, like a dormant volcano or a castle tower. Since Nook Shopping doesn't have a lot of furniture in it's daily selection, it could explain why you keep getting the same old items on there. I don't think there are any secret mechanics beyond randomization, so just let time pass you by and maybe you'll have more variety one day. The same advice can apply to your problem with the same recipes appearing.

Also, the terminal in Resident Services isn't the only way to access Nook Shopping; if you buy from there 100 times, you can get an app on you NookPhone that lets you access the shop (almost) anytime, anywhere.

I sympathize a lot. I recently gave up on getting new DIYs organically and instead bought the ones I was missing on this site from the vendors in the Nook's Cranny forum. I was so frustrated with how my villagers were almost always cooking even though I already had all of the cooking recipes.

As for getting new items, have you already bought one each of the items in your Nook's Shopping list? If you have the bells to spare, I'd suggest trying it to see if anything changes. You can just sell the items back at the store to get some of your bells back if you don't want to keep them. Nook's Shopping has a limited catalogue of items though. I've never seen the various furniture sets there, only at the store.

Can I ask how long you've been playing ACNH? Do you already have all of the upgrades to Nook's Cranny, or are you still selling to Tom in the resident services tent?

Thanks for the reply. It's such a frustrating part of the game, I'd hope that if you already had a DIY that should screen it out of appearing again.
I'll take a look at the Nooks Cranny forum, thanks. I looked briefly once but found the TBT thing confusing, I'll have to read the instructions properly.
I've got most of the items I keep getting presented in Nook Shopping but a mix of getting them from balloons or buying them. I'll try buying them again and see if that rejigs things.

I played a lot just over a year ago but then drifted, so reset my island at the start of this year.
I've got all the upgrades, and am 4 stars - and frustratingly probably won't get to 5 stars as I'm not imaginative enough to do clever things with endless hose reels and flamingos!! 😂
Post automatically merged:

The Nook Shopping thing happens to me too, but it's not much else a problem with me. Sometimes when I'm lucky enough I might get something different, like a dormant volcano or a castle tower. Since Nook Shopping doesn't have a lot of furniture in it's daily selection, it could explain why you keep getting the same old items on there. I don't think there are any secret mechanics beyond randomization, so just let time pass you by and maybe you'll have more variety one day. The same advice can apply to your problem with the same recipes appearing.

Also, the terminal in Resident Services isn't the only way to access Nook Shopping; if you buy from there 100 times, you can get an app on you NookPhone that lets you access the shop (almost) anytime, anywhere.
Ah I'd love to get the volcano!!
I keep hoping for some of the gardening items, like the greenhouse, and when I've been to dream islands, they often seem to have loads more potted plants/trees than I've ever had.

Top tip re the Nook phone app, I'll have a look, that would be so much quicker!
Thank you 🙂

I played a lot just over a year ago but then drifted, so reset my island at the start of this year.
I've got all the upgrades, and am 4 stars - and frustratingly probably won't get to 5 stars as I'm not imaginative enough to do clever things with endless hose reels and flamingos!! 😂
You don't need to have special decorations in order to get to 5 stars. My island has stuff out randomly wherever there is room, and I managed to get to 5 stars. My advice here is to pay close attention to what Isabelle says when she rates your island. You might need a specific number of fences or have too many items on the ground. Here's a link to more detailed information about how to get to 5 stars.

I keep hoping for some of the gardening items, like the greenhouse, and when I've been to dream islands, they often seem to have loads more potted plants/trees than I've ever had.
I don't think I've ever seen the greenhouse in Nooks Shopping, only in the Nooks store. Same with most of the potted trees.

You don't need to have special decorations in order to get to 5 stars. My island has stuff out randomly wherever there is room, and I managed to get to 5 stars. My advice here is to pay close attention to what Isabelle says when she rates your island. You might need a specific number of fences or have too many items on the ground. Here's a link to more detailed information about how to get to 5 stars.

I don't think I've ever seen the greenhouse in Nooks Shopping, only in the Nooks store. Same with most of the potted trees.
Ah thanks, that's good to know re 5 stars, I'll have a read.
Many thanks for your help and advice, much appreciated.

Back