• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you manage to play more than one video game at a time?

It's hard for me to play more than one game at one time. I get really immersed into the game I'm playing and usually just keep going until something organically stops that process. For example, I haven't really touched BOTW or Link's Awakening since getting ACNH, but now I haven't touched ACNH since Toy Day because I moved New Year's eve and I've been busy. I recently got Pokemon Sword too (before moving) and took a week off ACNH to dabble into that for a little.

Now, I've recently found my Gameboy color and Pokemon yellow and silver (omgggg) and I am dying to get into playing those again. However, we're still really into settling in after the move and I find it hard to let myself do anything but work on that.

On the topic of a playing schedule, I personally don't think I could do that, because I'm the type of person that would get anxious or mildly stressed if I "missed" something I was "scheduled" to do. Even if it was meant to be relaxing. I try to limit "scheduled" things to business only and fill in the rest of the time with whatever...that is, assuming I have spare time with a 17mo. old lol 😂

update/bump: just playing whatever the hell I want and I've never felt free-er. (word?) yesterday i said to myself YOU WILL FINISH NIER AUTOMATA BEFORE PLAYING ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL, and the only feeling I had internally was "let's get this over with."

I think games shine the most when you don't force yourself to complete them, burnout is inevitable. But that's just my attitude.

I usually have sooo many games that I need to complete at once. Sometimes I play a game for a week or so if i'm really in the mood for it, but most of the time, I take the time to complete one game first then move on to the next game I want to play.

I play alot of different games at once mostly because i have the attention span of a goldfish and i get bored quickly. So i switch between games alot. But this usually causes me to abandon some games for a while and play a set amount (usually 3-5) and rotate. Most of the games i play are always a mix of genres too to keep me interested. I guess its like multitasking but for games? Lol

I'm glad this post was made. I never understood people who can play multipule games at once. The main story have to be done first for me before even touching another game. No matter the burn out of said game.

I was lucky enough that the big open world games I was able to tackle before New Horizons got released but still... I find it baffling how some people can shift from one game to the other.

This question has been bothering for quite some time now. You see, I usually like to play one game at a time until I finish the plot and extra content. I do tend to burn out sometimes, but that's not the question. Now that I'm playing AC:NH, I'm starting to feel a little weary from looking at all of my incomplete projects. However, I don't want to stop working on them. It also doesn't help that I've been itching to complete my rerun of Rune Factory 4.

How do I balance playing two video games along with my other hobbies and job? Should I set up a schedule? How do y'all do it?

I work freelance for a tech company and I manage uni with play time, it can be hard not to pick up the game when I'm busy but I somehow manage. What I tend to do is give myself a list of things I want to achieve during the day, and by dinner and after dinner I sit down and I play my games. :)

Back