• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you feel about the look of new horizons?

duckykate

your heart is a museum of everyone you've loved
Bells
Switch
2124-9321-8438
Ladybug Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Glitched Easter Egg
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Daisy Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
I think the lighting and colors are a little too much but other than that i think it's beautiful. What about you>

It was different, I think it’ll grow on me.

The art style has this sort of, soft feeling to it. I love it and I'm super hype for the game. I can't wait for the game...

i think its BEAUTIFUL!!! it's such a breath of fresh air and the looks changed so much with the changing of seasons. i cannot wait to play year round

It was different but I like it now. If you look past the new art style, the game looks really good actually.

Not a fan of it, hoping it'll grow on me. It looks too... smoothed out, I guess is the right word? idk

It looks absolutely beautiful! I love the soft colours and art style and everything looks so high quality, I don’t see any issues tbh

Spin off, rip museum etc rip cafe
Why not make it just like the anime
we don't know what's gonna be there and what's not. no long gameplay has been shown and so no one knows wether the museum and cafe will be there

I thought it looked unfinished, but I'm guessing that's the style they're going for.
I can get used to it but it's jarring.

I'm honestly not a fan of the artistic change. One of my favorite things about Animal Crossing is its unique style, and I'm just not feeling it here. Maybe this isn't supposed to be final, similar to how New Leaf used to look very different, and I hope it is. This just looks bland to me. Perhaps it will grow on me as I play it.

i think the game is beautiful. i honestly wasn't expecting it to look that good

It's very different.

I guess, on one hand, Animal Crossing's formula has to change and evolve to prevent getting the same thing over and over again. I mean, did we all really want a New Leaf HD, like they pulled with City Folk nearly a decade ago?

I was personally hoping for an upscaled, fully 3D and HD Animal Crossing that resembled the look of the Mario Kart 8 track, but I'm definitely intrigued by this new take on AC. For those on the fence, definitely rewatch the trailer. It had definitely made me more excited to see what they'll do with this next entry.

At first it was a little weird, the island I believe looks deceptively small in the teaser but after analyzing it a little more I saw a cliff in the background, meaning that maybe there is more space for the mainline buildings/villagers. Not really a huge fan of the crafting, though. Hope it will look better in the following months prior to release. As for the art style, it?s growing on me.

Back