• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How do you feel about the look of new horizons?

I kind of wanted it to look more like the Mario Kart 8 track and I'm really disappointed that it looks a lot simpler than that. However, we've been playing New Leaf for a billion years now and have grown used to the art style, so naturally, anything different will be jarring. I'm willing to give it a shot, and I bet it will grow on me. I do like that it appears you can put the girl villagers in dresses now? Unless that shot of Fuchsia was misleading.

It looks good. I?m not used to the whole survival/crafting aspect though. But I think it?s fresh by letting you build your town completely from scratch. I guess it?ll feel more like a town and less like an island once you see things develop over time.

I know it's pretty split but I love what they did with the graphics. Everything looks so smooth and crisp.

It looks SOOOO cute!!!! But some things, such as the grass and paths look wonky to me... let's just hope it's the "beta" and in 9 months the game'll look better! But tbh I'd be satisfied with this.

Love it! My friend pointed out that it looks very similar to Slime Rancher with the soft colors and lighting!
Really excited for it

I personally am conflicted. I think it fits, and I think it's beautiful, but it definitely is not what I envisioned. Being said, I think it'll grow on me very quickly. I'm just happy to see it, honestly!

At first, I was expecting the fade from black to be a beautiful, massive town with gorgeous, upscaled HD graphics. Upscaled and resembling the Mario Kart 8 track, just like the image below.

1405689.jpg

New Horizon's art style is definitely growing on me though. The trees, flowers, grass, etc. are all animated, which is something I really wanted. That'll look great with AC's weather. We also have nice, HD textures on everything, and things will only get more detailed as development progresses.

It looked a bit simple and too zoomed in for me. When I saw the word Nook I knew it was time for AC but the first shot of gameplay made me think - that's not animal crossing! I need to watch it again, I think.

First I was in shock then I was conflicted and now I just don't know.
The graphics seem unfinished and a bit ''boxy'' to me, like, too smooth.. But the villagers look awesome.
I love you can put everything you want outside and the snow and flowers looked very nice in my opinion.

I just have so many questions. Will there be an extern city where you can buy things? Will there be events?? Where is Isabelle, where is the town hall, there is everything we know.

I actually like it. I may not enjoy it at first since it’s more like Minecraft, but I’ll get used to it.

It could have some traditional features (like a boat ride as a way to interact with other players).

I still don't know how to feel. I was scared that it would turn out to be a lame version of New Leaf with mini games in the first few seconds. I will probably need some more time.

It's very different. I like the style of it, but I'm heavily intrigued by the gameplay itself. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

I think it looks beautiful. I?m having a little trouble adjusting to how smooth and textureless everything looks, but I think it?s going to come together really nicely when I?m actually playing it.

My only complaint is how oddly flat the ground looks? The sand is so bright and the grass looks almost one tone of green.

I like it. I?m sure there is going to be a lot more weather vatiation considering we saw wind and it was just a sunny day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it looks beautiful. I’m having a little trouble adjusting to how smooth and textureless everything looks, but I think it’s going to come together really nicely when I’m actually playing it.

My only complaint is how oddly flat the ground looks? The sand is so bright and the grass looks almost one tone of green.

Maybe because it hadn’t been played on very much. Who knows.

I like the graphics and think it looks beautiful, but it's not what I was expecting either.

It looks good. I’m not used to the whole survival/crafting aspect though. But I think it’s fresh by letting you build your town completely from scratch. I guess it’ll feel more like a town and less like an island once you see things develop over time.
I mean the only real dofference is that its completely bordered by water instead of having a beach, cliffs, and main street. I don’t think I’m a huge fan of that idea but it’s obviously not a huge deal. Additionally, I think the crafting aspect will be really similar to pwps, minus the gathering of supplies since they said you can get suggestions from villagers and you dont have to craft them; you can isead buy them directly from the nooks.

Edit: ignore my typos, but watching the trailer again, it looks like the island is bordered by cliffs on the north side, so probably no difference at all.

Last edited:
It looked really good to me but I hope the crafting doesn't get too grindy. Placing any furniture outside will really help us create more unique towns and I'm excited to see the layouts that people come up with.

I like the idea of the new paths though I hope they end up including different types, like tiles or cobblestone etc.

Back