How Do You Decide Villagers In Your Town? Personalities or Dreamies?

How Do You Decide Villagers In Your Town?

• By their personality

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • If they are my dreamies

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Both

Votes: 38 90.5%

• Total voters

Bk1234

I have the results...
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
I've shortened my dreamie list to FOUR villagers after I got Audie. They are Marshal, Diana, Raymond, and Ankha (how original... lol). Now I've been debating on whether or not to have an island full of all dreamies, or if I should have it filled based on personality. For example, I'm thinking of letting Hamlet go next (😢) so I can find Bam, who isn't a dreamie, but he is my favorite Jock villager. Should I take this route or just get all my dreamies and call it a day? Or both?

Here are my current villagers, if this helps:
20200601_105625.jpg

A little both, I have to alter my wish list a little as I want all personalities for DIYs and Reactions.

But if I come across a dreamie, I’ll ignore the personality temporarily until I can decide who I want to give up next :)

I go with Dreamies ^^;
I currently have all of mine but I did realize I won’t be able to unlock all the reactions since I only have 4 personality types but I don’t mind! I’m really satisfied with them

A dreamie for each personality, as much as possible. It’s hard though cause sometimes you end up loving other villagers too and don’t want to let anyone go.

I probably should've said this before, but Erik, Reneigh, Sherb, and Audie are all my dreamies. Olaf and Nana have grown on me a lot! Bruce is one of my favorite Cranky villagers, but I don't know if I'd classify him as a dreamie.

Basically what I do is pick my ult dreamies first, ones I MUST HAVE on my island, then afterwards I have the personality dreamies wherein I consider their personalities, not just looks, to see whom I like on those personality traits, to have a diverse set of villagers in my island

I keep an eye on both, as I don't wanna end up having an island full of my favorite villagers but with only one or two different kind of personalities. I pick them in a way so that I have also some variety in terms of personality but also species.

I do a mix of both for my main town/island in each game, though there are personalities I like better than others I can usually find at least one villager from each personality that I'd consider a dreamy which makes it easier
I have a few ride or die characters that I always want in at least one of my towns, specifically Hopper, Lolly, Shep and Antonio. (I usually keep more than one copy of the game because this game is life lol, I don't currently have two switches but I'm actively saving for a second right now),
I then pick the rest from a rather large group I have of dream characters based on how well they fit the town/island I'm trying to populate, I try to avoid having more than two of any given species, and I still always make sure I have one of each personality.
It's worked out fairly well and I've gotten to see quite a few of my dreamies through the years this way
I know its not feasible for everyone to have multiple copies, but when I only have one copy at a time I still focus mostly on keeping that variety

Last edited:
Current Residents:
1. Hamlet (Jock)- Hoping to get rid of next, my goal is to replace him with Bam.
2. Erik (Lazy)- Probably permanent.
3. Tutu (Peppy)- Will get rid of her down the line.
4. Nana (Normal)- Will either get rid of her or Tia.
5. Olaf (Smug)- Probably permanent.
6. Reneigh (Uchi)- PERMANENT.
7. Sherb (Lazy)- PERMANENT.
8. Tia (Normal)- Will either get rid of her or Nana.
9. Bruce (Cranky)- Will keep unless I find Apollo or Chief.
10. Audie (Peppy)- PERMANENT.

~Dreamies~
1. Marshal (Smug)
2. Diana (Snooty)
3. Ankha (Snooty)
4. Raymond (Smug)

Here is my conclusive list.

I decide my dreamies by both personality and species!
I decided I didn't want double species, leading to some variance. For example, I'd probably prefer Fauna over Melba, but Diana's my deer and I didn't want another! That's just a preference tho
I do recommend personality variance though, I had 4 normals on my island one time and it got boring ;m;

Both.

I have a list of dreamies. While I do consider their personalities, I still prioritize my favorites. That's why I ended up with 4 jocks (Sterling, Rudy, Rod, Kid Cat), 4 cranky (Rolf, Dobie, Elvis, Apollo), 1 lazy (Punchy) and 1 smug (Ken) last month. 4 of them are permanent.

As I get their photos, I slowly cycle them out. Now I have 3 jocks (Sterling, Rudy, Rod), 3 cranky (Rolf, Apollo, Murphy), 2 lazy (Punchy, Filbert), 1 smug (Jacques), 1 peppy (Agent S). Then the process just repeats. Get photo. Cycle out.

I really did want all 8 personalizes....... but there's just some villagers I love too much to pass up the chance to get them. So I may be sitting here with 2 normals and 4 lazies and not a single snooty or cranky in sight..... but at least everyone on my island is a complete cutie! If I somehow could fit a cranky or snooty in here tho, I would.

a bit of both. i choose villagers that i love while also keeping personality in mind - i try to have all the personalities except for smug as i don’t really care for them aha

I generally go by personality, but I’m considering not having a sisterly villager as I don’t care for any of them much.
I don’t have a set list of dreamies. I love the excitement of island hopping for a villager. I am open to inviting so many different kinds of villagers, so I’m never going to go try and find a specific one. For instance, I have Leonardo moving out soon, and I’d take Rudy or Kid Cat (both jocks) if I found one of them on an island. Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that I’d find either one before I get a villager I can’t refuse, so I’ll probably be without a jock for a while.

Back