• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How do you cope under pressure?

Mayor Jack

Mayor of Una
Bells
Switch
5120-5199-1045
Eerie Star Potion
New Horizons Token
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Coco
Lobo
Isabelle
User Title Color Change
Jack
I was just wondering about this? Pretty much just what the title says. Personally, I don't cope very well with pressure since I get stressed out way too easily. I'll start sweating and breathing super fast. Also, if you do cope well, what's your thought process and how do you stay so calm? Sorry if a thread too similar to this has already been made, was just curious. 😊

I poker face it. I get very serious. Usually my heart races and I just accept that it feels like I'm dying. Usually I try to evacuate the situation if it involves not so nice people. I'm always trying to keep myself in situations where there is little to no pressure.

If the pressure is say, schoolwork or a deadline, I try to get things done early so I don't panic. Mental focus and steady breathing does wonders.

I poker face it. I get very serious. Usually my heart races and I just accept that it feels like I'm dying. Usually I try to evacuate the situation if it involves not so nice people. I'm always trying to keep myself in situations where there is little to no pressure.

If the pressure is say, schoolwork or a deadline, I try to get things done early so I don't panic. Mental focus and steady breathing does wonders.
I'm very similar. Whenever we have any work to complete I will work and work and work until it is finish and only then can I actually get my mind off anything else. I also try to take a quick exit if I am getting too uncomfortable in a group of people that rub me the wrong way, haha.

It depends how intense the presssure is, how well I slept and other factors. Usually, so-so. Somedays are better than others and I can deal with pressure in a relaxed manner.

It depends on the situation! When it comes to college assignments and stuff like that, deadlines don't really bother me and I sort of just do things when I feel like I have to.

Otherwise I'm a complete mess under pressure haha. I don't know what it is but I just get very stressed out and anxious so easily, I'm learning to cope with it bit by bit but it feels like some things just never change.

It depends on what I’m being pressured to do. Usually I respond well under pressure and keep an open mind, trying to understand what it is the other person is trying to get me to do. If the person is being completely unreasonable though or just annoying, then that’s their problem, not mine.

Not at all :ROFLMAO: unless I'm the one to put myself under very minimal pressure while working on digital art or GarageBand projects :p and this, dear users, is why I'm also unable to have a job or smth

So this is an interesting one for me.

Like I can be in a literal car crash and take charge of the situation while the drivers of both cars are panicking and have the presence of mind to take photos for evidence on my phone and just generally manage to minimise other people's panic / stress. I feel like I will always be able to do this no matter what, I spring into action in a crisis.

That said if it's a bad day and it's not a serious stress or pressure to the point of emergency, I can sometimes just shut down, quite literally. Like I won't be able to communicate shut down, like I will sit in a stairwell and do nothing. This happens so rarely now it's negligible though. But then I haven't put myself through any situations that cause that particular type of stress for a while.

I guess what it boils down to, for me, if I have something I am clearly expected to do, or a role I have designated myself, I'm fine. Like if someone else needs support, that's my role and that's what i'm gonna do. So it's the uncertainty in a crisis that just kills me.

Feels kinda weird to type all that out and tbh kinda awkward, does anyone else feel like this?

i dont mean to be off topic but i seriously can barely read your light purple font

but under pressure...i just bite my nails & do my task

Agh I hate it I hate it I hate it! I'll usually get very nervous and upset if I'm being rushed to do something quickly. Taking time to do things right is very important to me.
But that's everyday pressure, in crise like situations I'm surprisingly chill. The other day my grandmother was dying in front of me and I did heart massage on her for some 10 minutes. I dunno I always imagined when a real crisis came I'd freeze on the spot.

I rant to my friend about my problems lol. And afterwards, I'm like, sorry you had to go through that xD

Depends. I was always the first one done with an exam, but I'm just a quick worker. I do reread everything afterwards to double-check in case there's an easy mistake (or something illegible), but there's not much beyond that I can do. Either I know the answer or I don't.

If someone puts on pressure on me besides time pressure, honestly I don't care. I always give my best with what I do and if that's not good enough for something then I can't change that. You can't peer pressure me because I'm very stubborn. 😅

I only put pressure on myself because of perfectionism, in that case I rather discard something than do something badly.

It really depends for me!! I have very important exams coming up pretty soon and it'll determine whether I get into my college or not; so I'm under a lot of pressure currently but talking about it does help alleviate some stress! Taking tea breaks and just having a walk outside helps a lot as well for me. At the end of the day I've always go by 'you've done your best!'

I used to be super mega anxious and paniky as a kid growing up and situations under pressure were always the worst case scenario for me. without ever going to therapy I've tried to create solutions for myself, these days I prefer to just deal with the fact that I can't do something and just go drink some coffee and take care of myself, there's just going to be a point in your life where you are just going to get tired from all the stress. It's a bit of a selfish way of thinking in a working enviroment but it's been helping me heal with my mental health.

so from personal experience, I'm not saying to quit if you are feeling pressured but make sure to take care of yourself. your body comes first and it's never the end of the world. ...to answer the question- I can deal with pressure under certain circumstances, specially if I know I can manage to do something in time, if not- treat yourself!

I feel empty and can't do anything but sleep all day long.

I usually take a break and go somewhere quiet. Lately, when I get stressed out I just chill in my backyard. Then, when I come back, I can think a lot more clearly and I'm better able to prioritize instead of having everything just crashing in on me.

I cope by procrastinating heavily. (lol whoops)

But seriously, I usually try to just do something else that's a bit intensive, like watching a movie, playing a game, or maybe taking my dog for a walk. I try to do something to take my mind off of whatever it is that's putting pressure on me, that way I can return refreshed and approach it from a relaxed point of view.

The only time I procrastinate heavily under pressure is when I'm feeling depressed (which happens a lot more than I'd like to admit).

I do fine. I just concentrate and get it done. I kinda 'zone in' and alleviate the pressure by pounding through it. It's proven great in emergency situations.

not very well lmao. i do my best to remain calm and take things one thing at a time but i get overwhelmed easily so it’s kinda difficult aha

Back