• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Heya!

LateGamer

Just Let It Go
Bells
Moon Bunny
Andromeda Potion
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Pink Crescent Moon
Planet Glow Wand
Space Whale Plush
Blue Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
S.S. Dolphin
Glitched Easter Egg
I guess I should follow etiquette and introduce myself. I’m a complete newb to ACNH and I am enjoying creating my island. There is still so much I don’t know, but am eager to learn. I was a little sad to realize that the game isn’t as popular as it once was, but I hope there are still players that want to be friends, hang together, etc. I don’t know how to do any of that yet, lol! But gonna figure it out. ;)

Welcome to the forums!

Is ACNH your first AC game? Who do you have on your island so far? 😊

Welcome to the forums!

Is ACNH your first AC game? Who do you have on your island so far? 😊
Yes, my very first! As far as I can tell by popularity, I have been lucky. I have Scoot and Tammy who were original with the island. Then my first three homes were auto populated with Bertha, Puddles, and Alfonso. My first camper was Marshall! I have not gotten any others because I have been hesitant on how to proceed. I experimented with visiting mystery Islands and was lucky enough on my 2nd one to get bamboo island. I’ve been holding onto a housing kit for awhile now as I am not sure best way to proceed. I don’t want it to necessarily auto populate, but not clear on how I can get another camper without setting the house and risking Tom choosing for me. I also don’t really want to spend a bunch of Nook miles Island hopping because it is such a grind to get more, lol. So anyway, I am in a bit of limbo

Yes, my very first! As far as I can tell by popularity, I have been lucky. I have Scoot and Tammy who were original with the island. Then my first three homes were auto populated with Bertha, Puddles, and Alfonso. My first camper was Marshall! I have not gotten any others because I have been hesitant on how to proceed. I experimented with visiting mystery Islands and was lucky enough on my 2nd one to get bamboo island. I’ve been holding onto a housing kit for awhile now as I am not sure best way to proceed. I don’t want it to necessarily auto populate, but not clear on how I can get another camper without setting the house and risking Tom choosing for me. I also don’t really want to spend a bunch of Nook miles Island hopping because it is such a grind to get more, lol. So anyway, I am in a bit of limbo

I think you have some great villagers! Tammy and Bertha are big favourites for me! 😊

I think you have some great villagers! Tammy and Bertha are big favourites for me! 😊
I’m really loving all my villagers right now! I was so excited to get Marshall as my first camper as I read how popular he is, so I thought that was pretty lucky.

Welcome to the forums! You know, island hopping/villager hunting was kinda my jam back when I was playing daily, so I have an entire hoard of Nook Miles Tickets left over on my various saves. I'd be glad to drop off a few stacks if you'd like, just let me know. :)

Welcome to the forums! You know, island hopping/villager hunting was kinda my jam back when I was playing daily, so I have an entire hoard of Nook Miles Tickets left over on my various saves. I'd be glad to drop off a few stacks if you'd like, just let me know. :)
That would be fabulous. Can we wait just a bit? I chronically run 12 hours earlier than irl. So I’m finishing up my first shooting star event. Wish i could say it was a meteor shower, lol! So far I’ve wished on 7 stars in 3 hours, sigh.

Hi there! I'm new to this forum as well and still learning things about ACNH. I've only been playing for a few years and just recently got, I guess you could say, addicted to it this last year lol. And I think you did get lucky with your villagers although I'm not particular about them, I like em all😆

Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time here. It’s nice to see you’re having fun with New Horizons!

Hi there! I'm new to this forum as well and still learning things about ACNH. I've only been playing for a few years and just recently got, I guess you could say, addicted to it this last year lol. And I think you did get lucky with your villagers although I'm not particular about them, I like em all😆
I’ve only been playing ACNH for 1 month. I used to see all the hype and think, ”meh, the animals look weird”, lol! But i borrowed a family member’s switch who had the game and had only played for like a week before they went back to pc games. Anyway, I am sooo addicted now! I’m not the most creative and a couple of times I was thinking I would probably get bored, but then I just visited a DA and oh my GOSH! It was the most amazing thing I’ve seen! It shows me how limitless this game can be. I am so glad Nintendo upgraded with the ability to transfer whole islands. Because I am getting the game for my Switch and taking my island! Hahaha.

I’ve only been playing ACNH for 1 month. I used to see all the hype and think, ”meh, the animals look weird”, lol! But i borrowed a family member’s switch who had the game and had only played for like a week before they went back to pc games. Anyway, I am sooo addicted now! I’m not the most creative and a couple of times I was thinking I would probably get bored, but then I just visited a DA and oh my GOSH! It was the most amazing thing I’ve seen! It shows me how limitless this game can be. I am so glad Nintendo upgraded with the ability to transfer whole islands. Because I am getting the game for my Switch and taking my island! Hahaha.
oh my gosh I LOVE visiting DA just to see how creative people are and get some inspo! it truly is limitless what you can make, the only thing that will hold you back is Tom Nook wanting his bells LOL! I like going on YT to find DA's to visit. I have some favorites that I just like to revisit because they are so beautiful.

oh my gosh I LOVE visiting DA just to see how creative people are and get some inspo! it truly is limitless what you can make, the only thing that will hold you back is Tom Nook wanting his bells LOL! I like going on YT to find DA's to visit. I have some favorites that I just like to revisit because they are so beautiful.
Oh, I hadn’t thought of You Tube for the DA’s. Can you share? Or I suppose “links” aren’t allowed. Maybe in a pm? The one I found was on a Reddit thread and the lady was in her 70’s and had something like 2,000 hours in the game. And it showed! The Island is Willow. But I’ve tried looking for dream addresses before by island name and numerous ones come back. It was too hard to tell that way which one I was trying to find. And Tom Nook and his bells! Arghhh! He is certainly a capitalist, lol!

Oh, I hadn’t thought of You Tube for the DA’s. Can you share? Or I suppose “links” aren’t allowed. Maybe in a pm? The one I found was on a Reddit thread and the lady was in her 70’s and had something like 2,000 hours in the game. And it showed! The Island is Willow. But I’ve tried looking for dream addresses before by island name and numerous ones come back. It was too hard to tell that way which one I was trying to find. And Tom Nook and his bells! Arghhh! He is certainly a capitalist, lol!
Yes, I can share some of the channels I love following for DA tours! I’ll figure out how to PM you 😅 and 2,000 hours??? That is some dedication! I’m always impressed with the city themed islands and how detailed people are.

a belated welcome to the forums! i hope you’re enjoying it here so far! 💕💕

it’s definitely sad that new horizons isn’t as popular as it was anymore, but it’s still a great game, and i’m glad you’re having fun playing! are there any villagers you’d like to have on your island eventually, or any plans for decorating your island? c:

a belated welcome to the forums! i hope you’re enjoying it here so far! 💕💕

it’s definitely sad that new horizons isn’t as popular as it was anymore, but it’s still a great game, and i’m glad you’re having fun playing! are there any villagers you’d like to have on your island eventually, or any plans for decorating your island? c:
I have accomplished quite a bit since made my post. I love visiting other islands through DA's and am always to impressed and inspired. I play every day and I make sure to talk to my villagers every day. They are all at the highest level. I thought I would love to decorate my island when I first started because of all the amazing ones out there. But for some reason, I just can't get started. I don't want to terraform and totally mess up my island and I am not designer by nature, so I can't even picture what would look good. I have this fear that I will start to terraform and get to a point where it is irreparable. I don't want to be in the position of having to start over. I'm pretty bonded with my villies. I play another similar game and find I'm not really into doing major outside decorating. But I do love interior decorating. The game DDLV allows you to have a house with multiple floors and literally over 100 rooms! So it is really disappointing ACNH is so limited in room size and number of rooms. I think once I collect all there is too collect and finish all of my nook mile achievements, I'll probably stop playing. Which will be sad. Hopefully we get a brand new AC game!

Back