• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Haydenv019's Splatoon SFM Artwork Gallery

Haydenv019

もらにふぇ て&
Bells
Switch
6697-9614-1784
森
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Hi! My name is Hayden. I used to be active here about two years ago, before I ended up losing my ACNL cartridge and just stopped coming back altogether (though I actually found it again, I've moved on to better things).

Anyways, I've been extremely busy this summer making SFM posters, or basically artwork made with the steam software "Source Film Maker" (The software that was used to create the TF2 animations, yes)

Considering the fact that this is more or less a Nintendo Community, I thought it would be nice if I could showcase my artwork here for people to see, and add more as I create more!

Also, the quality of these posters may be degraded a bit because I had to resize from a 1080p resolution to get them to fit in the spoilers.

GATXmRR.png
KICSkk1.png
OVCXuUm.png
sCBOMwz.png
63Gzmp9.png
zya6nl8.png
FBT4aQR.png
IDJUcEr.png
k5KUp8O.png
yr9Qnap.png
Tcy6wwy.png
VcYYRqt.png
5cfGbRa.png
DyNA2Zt.png
6c5w2Ht.png
i8OLgN5.png

mE1IfEV.png
VZx7iDo.png
DlpEuCm.png
XdP5yPv.png
r4yJcgJ.png
WuXw7gD.png
pWTbpZb.png

Separate section for requested/commissioned posters

OcuvCUe.png
kYqO7kx.png
P68v3j3.png
tFRj82g.png
4nhaFri.png

Last edited:
Oh hell, good stuff! I really like your work! Can't wait to see more as you start making more. By the way, quick question: I was actually interested in making my own SFM posters/artwork, do you have any tips for a n00b like myself?

These are really good! I was kind of curious where your Marie avatar was from. My favorite is Calamari Showdown.

Oh hell, good stuff! I really like your work! Can't wait to see more as you start making more. By the way, quick question: I was actually interested in making my own SFM posters/artwork, do you have any tips for a n00b like myself?

Well, usually, making posters consists of three components: Posing, Lighting, and Camerawork (Angles)

You mustn't neglect these three components.

When it comes to Splatoon characters in particular, if you want to put clothes on them, prepare to lock bones to eachother very, VERY frequently.

If you ever decide to work with the Squid Sisters, keep in mind their proportions are not the same as the inkling models and clothes need to be rescaled accordingly so it doesn't clip as you zero them out

You may need to use the element viewer once in a while, it really helps in certain situations.

Keep your animationsets clean and organized. You don't want to see a bunch of jumbled lights and models not renamed otherwise you'll get confused and waste time.

Adding post-effects is extremely advised, programs such as GIMP and Photoshop will help a bunch.

In order to produce art, you must consume it. You'll have artistic burnouts every once in a while, trust me.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Well, usually, making posters consists of three components: Posing, Lighting, and Camerawork (Angles)

You mustn't neglect these three components.

When it comes to Splatoon characters in particular, if you want to put clothes on them, prepare to lock bones to eachother very, VERY frequently.

If you ever decide to work with the Squid Sisters, keep in mind their proportions are not the same as the inkling models and clothes need to be rescaled accordingly so it doesn't clip as you zero them out

You may need to use the element viewer once in a while, it really helps in certain situations.

Keep your animationsets clean and organized. You don't want to see a bunch of jumbled lights and models not renamed otherwise you'll get confused and waste time.

Adding post-effects is extremely advised, programs such as GIMP and Photoshop will help a bunch.

In order to produce art, you must consume it. You'll have artistic burnouts every once in a while, trust me.

Hope this helps.

Nice, I'll keep all this in mind. Thanks for the advice!

Added another poster that was requested by a discord server member. (coffyy)

Last edited:
Looks like I was gone for an entire month without even realizing, woops!

I was a bit busy during that time, but I updated the thread with 7 new posters!

The list:

Squid Sister Animation Frame

The Idol Crew (Fixed)

Callie Photo

Marie Photo

Promo Art for Splatoon 2 Clothing Models

Lumi Recreation from Splatoon 3 Fan Project

Squid Sisters Poster (Made today)

[For those who are curious what Lumi looks like]

9s08b4kcd7d21 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back