• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Having trouble with clothing change

Skyfall

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
So i recently adopted Bruce, and i am not happy about what he is wearing. Do i complained to isabelle. In the past when i did this, the other villagers immediately changed to something else. Not bruce. He keeps on wearing the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? How can i get him to change?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and i have asked isabelle several times. Why wont he change? Ugh.

I've had this happen before, I'm not sure what causes it to not work..

However you can mail him a shirt that you want him to wear (this may have to be done a few times before he actually wears it)

I think the complaining about shirts only works for designs. So, if he wore an inappropriate design drawn by some player which you don't like, he would change into his default shirt once you complain. However, when he wears a regular shirt, no matter if you like it or not, this will not be considered inappropriate and therefore the complaining doesn't work.

But I had this problem when Eloise wore a design (didn't like how she looked in it) - I complained to Isabelle and she didn't change. So it can't just be designs

I see. But, was it a generic design (like the ones that are in the clothes shop from the beginning) or a player's design?
I would really like to know, thanks. :) Because if it was a generic design, the same rule should apply: the game doesn't think it's inappropriate, therefore the villager won't change their shirt/design.

Last edited:
I think if the shirt was a gift from someone else then they wont change it. When I complained to Isabelle about Curt's shirt, he changed it the next day even though it wasn't a design.

Back