Have You've Ever Cried at an Anime?

mmm i've never shed a tear but i have gotten a bit teary-eyed
i think it was nana

I watched a lot of anime as a kid but I only cried at the end of Digimon Adventure (S1 for US).

Never.
Does Pokemon count? I remember crying when Brock and Misty left. XD

naruto? nah. tokyo ghoul? nah. your lie in april? nah.

clannad? tissues everywhere

There was a few times I cried at anime like with Evangellion when asuka got "devoured" by shinji, Yu-Gi-OH (if that's anime to you XP) I cried the the ending, Gurren Lagann I cried when Kaminia died annnd I cried like a little ***** at full metal alchemist.

Oh yes.

Clannad, Angel Beats, Anohana, Fairy Tail.

I cried for a solid hour when I finished Your Lie in April.

Closest I've come is when I looked up the Usagi Drop manga after finishing the anime.

no not rly. tho kyoukai no kanata made me sad hh

- - - Post Merge - - -

Closest I've come is when I looked up the Usagi Drop manga after finishing the anime.

hhh yeah i just decided to ignore the manga and pretend nothing ever happened after the anume ended lmao

Hooooo, wow, have you ever watched Grave of the Fireflies? I don't know anyone who hasn't cried at that.

I also have no idea why people think genuine crying makes them a loser. I think it's healthy to cry and people should do it more often. :\

Not counting movies because we'll be here all day if I describe how hard Grave of the Fireflies or Wolf Children made me cry.

Multiple episodes of Mushishi have made me cry. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is The Pillow Pathway. That one still effs me up just thinking about it.

I remember crying in the first season of Hibike!Euphonium, but I can't even remember why, it's been too long. Also Natsume Yujin-cho.

Shirokuma Cafe has made me happy-cry on... several occasions. I'm such a wuss for that show, I love it so much.

omg so its not anime but its a PV to a song and its just...omg i was cryin so hard.
other than that i barely watch any anime. only animes ive seen are funny and studio ghibli but studio ghibli only makes you feel good i dont think i cried at any of them except maybe the cat returns.

i have been told to watch wolf children tho

I've cried during a couple of animes. It's not always even the ending that makes me cry. Sometimes it's just specific parts. The worst was Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. I balled my eyes out. :'(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol! So true!

Last edited:
I don't consider myself a fan of anime and i have.... the art and story telling factor in it is so good, its upsetting that people don't get into more or see it with a stigma

I am new to anime so I haven't seen anything sad yet. I do cry pretty much every time I watch a Disney movie though. It's normal to cry at sad movies/shows.

Shaunie Divider Final Upload .png

I'm a huge Anime fan, but I've never cried while watching one before simply because it is very very very rare that I cry. Not trying to look like some tough macho, it's just being what you'd call a "cry baby" was just never one of the 'tags' that would be used to describe me.

Shy and Embarrassed Boo.png

Back