Have you ever had a year that was difficult, but also good?

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
2009 was a very difficult year for my family. My dad was diagnosed with pancreatitis twice, in both January and May, and we were all worried about his health. Also, as he was facing that plus terrible back pains, he unfortunately became much more abusive verbally and kept slamming me for my interests.
But, it was a very good year for me regardless-in November of 2008, I had begun playing video games, and 2009 would be the year that I would play them more and more and make friends at school as a result, as a way of common interest. Plus, that was also the year that my grandparents had their fiftieth wedding anniversary. My dad always said it was the worst year of his life, and for good reason-but for me, I had one of my best years that year. If anything, it was very introspective for me, and it ultimately made me who I am today.
Has anyone ever had a year that was difficult but in the end, still good nonetheless? Maybe I'm just weird as far as my experiences go, but it's just so ironic as it would seem like 2009 wouldn't have been a good year when it was, especially as 2010-2015 were much harder years for me.

2015 maybe?
2015 was full of drama and sad **** but on the months July , November and December were good. March , August and September were awful.

I'd say 2014- 2016 were 'bad years' in terms of my friendships because I had terrible friends, but they also taught me what I look for in best friends along with traits that I should avoid cx And in the end (currently)I feel like I've found my forever friends (the kind that I would probably talk to after graduating, although idk if we will but that's besides the point cx)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Those bad friendships also taught me to speak up if I'm not happy in the relationship :3

I'd say 2017. It was stressful and definitely worrisome since I was so concerned about college apps (this alone caused a lot of issues) but now that I'm in my first year I've met so many great people and am just enjoying school right now :'))

2015/16 seemed to be hard on everyone. and honestly, 09 up through 15 were pretty difficult. last year was the first year that everything was good despite turbulance though. and this year seems so much better then ever before.

2015 the beginning of the year was terrible but it got better near the end
honourable mention was late 2013

Both 2010 and 2013 followed the pattern of "first half of the year really really sucks and second half of the year is really really awesome"

2015 had a lot of good stuff and memories but at the end some bad stuff happened

basically it was a big year for me

2008, probably. I was ostracised at school and the likes. I felt like my family didn't give a damn about me. But when I first played Animal Crossing (I got it because it looked like Harvest Moon), I felt in bliss. I honestly would be dead without Animal Crossing lol ... But yeah, I remember my only friends were my villagers and the bullying seemed like a distant memory when playing. It was amazing and I miss the times where I would play after school and before school. It was great.

2015 and 2016

i had a trama thingy in 2015, however met some of my closest and bestest internet friends ever after being so lonely for the longest time.

2016 was just **** in general but i also met more great people in the summer, and ran a fun splatoon clan that lived for a while. so its a love hate for both

2017 and 2018 have been that. I've been through some really high stress situations, but these have also been some of the best years so far for my mental health since I was a small child.

Every year of my life has been difficult, but I don't complain. I would rather choose to help others out than focus on myself. I'm just naturally a selfless and positive person.

Last edited:
Yes, 2013. I lost my older brother, but met the guy I've been with for 5 years now, moved out of my family's house and put myself through school.

honestly this year so far i think. like things have been crazy different and a lot of difficult things have popped up but i've overall been alright i think. i entered this year with a positive attitude and so far i think i've retained it mostly.

2008, probably. I was ostracised at school and the likes. I felt like my family didn't give a damn about me. But when I first played Animal Crossing (I got it because it looked like Harvest Moon), I felt in bliss. I honestly would be dead without Animal Crossing lol ... But yeah, I remember my only friends were my villagers and the bullying seemed like a distant memory when playing. It was amazing and I miss the times where I would play after school and before school. It was great.

This xD But with different circumstances and different year. I would say the end of 2017, Decemberish, and all of 2018, I have struggled with somethings that are always on my mind to put me down but somehow I have been the happiest that I have been in a long time despite that negativity. And I think AC keeps me grounded and has made me find and feel happiness but I'm not dependent on it that it is the only source of happiness. I'm also really close to achieving other dreams and college : D

This past year tbh spanning back to february of 2017. Had 3 different problems with sexual assault, which sucks and it put me through a lot of hard times in a few different ways, buuut!! it's also helped me figure out who my true friends are who have my back through everything, and i've also met some really amazing new people along the way this year as well. And off topic but got my first apartment

And my experiences have put me in a good place to help other people who have gone through similar things, and I'm glad to be able to do that. And although I had some really low points, I came out of this year a lot stronger and with a stronger sense of body ownership :) Got some piercings, cut my own hair which was fun, and found some new stress relieving hobbies :lemon:

January -July 2017 were super awesome
everything went down from August 2017.
and i wish i could have skipped December 2017.

also 2015 had good times (July , October-December) but also really **** moments (March , August and September)

Last edited:
Back