Have you ever gotten away with doing something “wrong”?

Have you ever gotten away with doing something “wrong”?

• Yes

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Wtf Chloe I’m an angel

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

QueenCobra

Gutted, rotted, Gila monster, BEAST!
Bells
Were you scared of being caught doing something you shouldn’t, only to sigh in relief?

I recently remembered this bc I had to go to the AT&T store the other day. I hate going there due to something personal, which I now feel comfortable revealing.
When I was around 14 or 15, I had a slider phone and used its Internet to look at women. (I am female btw, and into guys and girls.) It was nothing too bad, just some pictures of women in bikinis and some videos. Apparently, this racked up some extra money on our phone bill and we got a phone call about it. My parents freaked out and my Dad asked me what I was looking at, so I just said “YouTube”. (Thank God that was it!)
At the AT&T store (back then) we were getting new phones and the guy brought up the extra charges again. My heart is POUNDING. I felt like I was going to vomit so I ran to the bathroom but nothing happened. Back then, straight people were less accepting of the LGBT community, so I was terrified. (My parents were always accepting though, thank God.) And the last place I wanted to be outed was the AT&T store, in front of everyone.
So somehow I got away with it, you could say. I didn’t tell my mom this until yesterday because she was like, “Why are you so scared of the AT & T store?” I spilled the beans about my bikini pics and videos. (at this point, I’m out of the closet. I came out when I was 19). She wasn’t upset or weirded out AT ALL which blew my mind despite her acceptance of me. She said that what I like is normal and nothing to be ashamed of. I’m still blown away, as I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about LGBT people with ignorant and/or abusive parents. I have never felt more fortunate.
The AT& T situation was old anyway, so they wouldn’t bring it up to me again.
Sorry for the novel lol. What’s your story?

I would say I was a pretty good kid growing up. Focused on school and sports. I didn't like hanging out with others that I knew were sketchy and/or did things I wasn't comfortable doing.

I was the kid that was smart and could find ways to talk some of my close friends out of getting in trouble. They were my "muscle" and I was the "brains."

In 6th grade I forged my dad's signature on a report card. The teacher said we would get candy if we got it signed and brought it back the next day, but I had forgotten. I really wanted the candy so I forged it. No one ever found out.

when i was a kid, i would occasionally open moshi monster blindbags and steal one of the figures from inside. i'm aware stealing is bad -- i knew it back then, too, so i've no idea why i did it lmao, but i do remember always feeling bad about it and absolutely bricking myself when it came to passing under the detectors when we left.

when i was 12, i did something similar to you but more... nsfw, and it was neither on purpose or actually wrong. (just arguably inappropriate for my age.) my friend told me about a site i'm obviously not going to name here, and i naively went home and went onto it, clueless as to what it would involve. i can't recall if i watched any videos or not, but i probably watched at least one because i was always too curious (i would say morbidly, but this isn't a morbid topic) for my own good. my parents found out someone had visited that site, although i can't remember how, and i just claimed it wasn't me. they believed me, presumably, and that was it.

when i was a kid, i would occasionally open moshi monster blindbags and steal one of the figures from inside. i'm aware stealing is bad -- i knew it back then, too, so i've no idea why i did it lmao, but i do remember always feeling bad about it and absolutely bricking myself when it came to passing under the detectors when we left.

when i was 12, i did something similar to you but more... nsfw, and it was neither on purpose or actually wrong. (just arguably inappropriate for my age.) my friend told me about a site i'm obviously not going to name here, and i naively went home and went onto it, clueless as to what it would involve. i can't recall if i watched any videos or not, but i probably watched at least one because i was always too curious (i would say morbidly, but this isn't a morbid topic) for my own good. my parents found out someone had visited that site, although i can't remember how, and i just claimed it wasn't me. they believed me, presumably, and that was it.
Well I mean, the videos I was watching were like fetish videos but I didn’t realize it at the time. Definitely vanilla compared to what I could have been watching lol

I've gotten away with many things when I was young. Everyone always thought I was the goody two-shoes so I was almost never accused of anything. Some things I'm willing to share, some I'm not.

To name a few:

- I always got the best grades among my friends and I would help them cheat during tests. I had a system for signaling the answers to them.
- I learned how to forge the signatures of my parents and some of my teachers. I never used it for anything terrible. I would sign for certain school things because my dad had a really bad temper and I was afraid of him. I also forged passes to the library during lunch break because I hated going to the cafeteria.
- I went through a phase of petty theft. I knew stealing was wrong but I succumbed to peer pressure. I never took anything valuable, just stuff like candy from large chain stores, but it was still wrong and I know I shouldn't have done it.
- I almost got away with hiding a speeding ticket from my dad. My mom helped me and my dad didn't know about it for years...until I got in an accident and had to go before a judge. The judge mentioned my prior ticket and my dad started arguing with the judge! We had to come clean right then and there, but at least since we were in court he couldn't get too mad.

I answered No. And got away with it :)
I have a list of wrong things I've gotten away with. Some things I am not proud of, some were a little fun.

- grade 4 me and three other friends hid in the equipment room in the gym, (between the mats, in ball pit, and I don't remember where else..) our teacher had locked us in. There was another door leading from the equipment room to outside, the handle was only on the inside. So for an hour or so my friends and I laughed and skipped class, taking turns running out onto the playground with the thrilling fear of getting caught. After a while a student came back and found us, our teacher sent her. It's funny because no one got in trouble, or talked to about it.. The teacher kind of did lose 3 students for an hour. ⌛

- grade 5 I took my mom's mp3 player and listened to music at school. Everyone else seemed to have phones and ipods, but I had to hide it from her so I left it at school. After grade 5 right before the summer I gave it to my classmate Eric so it was gone for good. (She thought she lost it, and I recently told her what really happened to it and she totally forgot)🎶

- grade 7 I'd put pennies (Canada doesn't accept pennies anymore) and other small coins into vending machines, just to press the button for it to pay me back in larger coins! (It ate some change) :rolleyes:

- age 10 or so I was looking at suggestive topics on my father's laptop while no one was home. My mom pulled in and I heard the door shut, I quickly shut the laptop lid........ so she never suspected me and already snooped on my dad often. My parents fought with 0 communication so I'm basically 99% sure he just took the blame, and didn't even try to say it was me. They divorced, but yea It was so awful at the time..💻

- age 12. So my mom never had a cell phone, my uncle leant her one for some reason and she never used it, basically forgot about it. I took it and used it for fb messenger and MSN, I was completely not allowed private chats because of being overly protected and cared for or whatnot. I also raked in an obscure phone bill because I guess I was using data. My uncle got the payment, thankfully he's a business talker and told the company what my mom thought happened, she left it in her purse and the buttons turned on google and it must have stayed like that for hours 💁‍♀️

- at age 14 I was that girl to make a fake Facebook account with my friends just to message guys and see 'just who they really are'. ❄️

- in high school days I was at the mall with my friend. See, I grew up in a tiny country town and she lived in the big city, it was her kind of mall. We would go into stores that sold 'fancy underwear' to be discreet. I'd browse the tables and drawers then put pairs up my sleeves and walk out. This one time I had maybe 4 or 5 pairs and as I was walking out the lady working said "Hey! Where is that pair you were looking at?" ... I felt like my heart stopped, I was not okay with the amount of punishment I was about to get. I looked at her as she spoke, made a stern straight face (I was so scared and only mad at myself) walked back to the table I was last looking over (by now my friend left the store and walked to a bench) put my arm in a drawer and pulled out the last pair I put in my sleeve, it was bright red. I held them up and said "This?" She said nothing.. so I put them down and walked out with more pocketed. Now that I am an adult I would not risk jail for panties or anything for that matter, kids are dumb sometimes and I sure was. 👙

Okay.. so maybe I was a bad kid. Staying safe and honest is all that matters. Roller-coasters are for thrills. 🚀

Last edited:
Back