• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Game Show?

Yoshi155

“I want to go home and rethink my life”
Bells
Switch
6929-4509-7861
Black Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
I remember when I was in 5th grade and on weekdays at 7, me and my siblings, and sometimes also my parents, always tuned in to Jeopardy even though we were usually eating dinner when it happened. My sister loved it a lot more than I did at the time, but that's probably just because I had no knowledge on pop culture then. But I've grown to also like it as much as she did. And then after that, and 7:30, Wheel of Fortune started playing which we also liked, but I liked it a lot more than my sister. Now, though, I'd say my favorite game show is Jeopardy. What are/were your favorite game shows?

considering one of my favourite channels to watch is Buzzr, and when I go to work I always leave on "The Price Is Right: the Barker Era" for my dog to listen to, I'd say I'm pretty qualified to answer here 😂

I think my favourite game show is probably Supermarket Sweep with David Ruprecht. in fact, when I took my trip to Ontario last month I found a channel on the TV that only plays that version of Supermarket Sweep and that's literally all I watched the entire time (besides youtube videos). I first started watching it on Buzzr back in late 2017 and it's been my favourite ever since. I feel like I'd be really good at it if I ever had a shot hehe 😌

I also really love Wheel of Fortune, with who other than Pat Sajak. that was my favourite when I was a kid and it's definitely still up there with Supermarket Sweep.

I think my third and fourth favourites would have to be Password Plus with Allen Ludden, and Match Game (70s) with Gene Rayburn. they're always very entertaining to watch, especially when celebrities like Brett Sommers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Richard Dawson, and Betty White are involved, among others. their answers get a good laugh out of me.

I watched a lot of G4 (R.I.P.) and GSN (Game Show Network) when I had pneumonia as a teenager, and here are my favorites—
7. Deal or No Deal (I even have the Wii Game for it lol)
6. Family Feud (the Steve Harvey version is a meme for a reason haha)
5. The Match Game (it’s old but funny)
4. Jeopardy (I loved guessing along with the show lol)
3. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (R.I.P. Regis Philbin)
2. Ninja Warrior (the Japanese version, if that counts as a game show)
1. Unbeatable Banzuke (a Japanese game show from the 90s where people do obstacle courses like unicycling, pogo sticking, hand walk, etc. for a prize. The full series is on YouTube with English subtitles)

i’ve never been all that interested in game shows, but i do enjoy watching clips of family feud occasionally! i don’t think i’d ever watch it if it wasn’t for steve harvey, though. he makes an incredible host! he’s funny, charismatic, entertaining, and his interactions with the contestants are always the perfect mix of goofy, insane, funny and heartwarming! his reactions to some of the questions and the answers he gets never fails to cheer me up on bad days. 🤣

My most favorite is this one called Idiotest. It's obscure, and it didn't last very long, either. The questions are often phrased differently, in order to mislead contestants if they do not read it correctly.

For example, "touch the largest greenhouse", can be misinterpreted as, "touch the largest green house".

My other favorites are Jeopardy!, and Wheel of Fortune.

I don't really watch TV anymore, but the game shows I used to love were The Crystal Maze, Catchphrase, Takeshi's Castle, The Price is Right, Supermarket Sweep and Family Fortunes.

The Price Is Right. My grandma watched it everyday that she could and absolutely loved the show. It sort of crazy how much she enjoyed it considering she spoke no English nor could understand it.

As a kid I liked things like Fun House and Legends of the Hidden Temple.

When I was home sick, it was The Price Is Right, Supermarket Sweep and Bumper Stumpers.

As an adult, it's Jeopardy and the old Liar's Club.

EDIT: About a decade ago there were two shows back to back called Russian Roulette and Friend Or Foe, those were great too.

i have a lot of fond memories watching the price is right and wheel of fortune with my grandpa 🫶 the price is right would be on if i was home sick but we watched wheel of fortune every evening together! i really like family feud too! steve harvey is a really good host, i find myself always laughing at something he's saying or doing lol

I don't watch TV anymore, but I can enjoy a good episode of Family Feud. I also used to really like Let's Make A Deal. I don't go out of my way to watch either but if it happens to be on somewhere, I can enjoy it. I got good laughs out of some of the episodes when I was younger.

I've always liked watching game shows and playing along with them at home.

When I was younger, my favorites were:
- Jeopardy
- Wheel of Fortune
- Family Feud
- Hollywood Squares
- Press Your Luck (I loved the Whammies!)

Currently, my favorites are:
- Um, Actually
- The Chase (UK)
- The Chase (Australia)
- Taskmaster (UK)
- 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown

I've really gotten into British shows during the past few years.

Back