• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

have you ever got mistaken for the opposite sex?

When I was a child, I feel I was a male so I used male pronouns so yes I suppose. Later, when I'm not in a vocal, I don't know because I'm changing my name often, sometimes female, sometimes neutral.
I remembered two times: I activated my mic on a online video game to complain and a man asked me "do you have 14 year old ?" No, I'm just female.
And one time at school, twelve years ago, a girl, to be mocking, told me a friend of her (female) finds me handsome and wanted to go out. It was a lie, because I felt at this time as a boy and had maybe short hair and not very feminine outfit, but looked female. She just wanted to be mean to me. Nobody was interested in me lol.

once i was mistaken to be non-binary in a wendy’s. i’ve also had someone assume i was male online.

Never in real life. There have been times people referred to me as "he" online, but that's kind of understandable since it's hard to tell what to call someone if you don't know them. That's why I usually just refer to people online as "they" until I get to know them better or they say something that let's me know how they want me to refer to them

Not yet. Though I could see where, based on some of my interests, someone online would think I was a feminine gay man.

On my first Scratch account (cutebross260) I used a guy as my main OC for some reason, so the people I met there thought I was male. Changing my handle to BobRocks20 didn't help matters, but by now I've grown so attached to this username that I don't think I wanna risk changing it yet.

Only once, and it was online. I used to go by 'Kane' and someone said my username was a girl's name, appearently.

On my first Scratch account (cutebross260) I used a guy as my main OC for some reason, so the people I met there thought I was male. Changing my handle to BobRocks20 didn't help matters, but by now I've grown so attached to this username that I don't think I wanna risk changing it yet.
I thought you were male, having Bob in your username lol.

Sometimes people assume I’m male online, not sure why

• Sparkle Water
Reactions: Dim
Not really. My uncle called me a girl all the time during childhood because I kept my hair long. I don't think it bothered me much. At least I've always been able to shrug off most little teasing comments.

At some point I decided to go shorter though. I kinda just wanted his reaction.

Turns out it felt better after all, so I never went back to having a huge mess of hair.

Back