• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever bought a game without looking into it? How was it?

Bought OneShot without knowing what the hell it was about or what you were supposed to do. I just saw reviews saying, "Play blindly, it's really good." I'm a sucker for pixel games and it was on sale so I thought, eh, why not. And I absolutely do not regret the impulse buy. 10/10 solid game, really good game to get into blindly.

That must be… Elden Ring. Not a bad game, but i really need time to really get into it. I still don't found it tho…

around christmas i bought the sims 4 on steam. it also made me download some other program called orgin which is some ea thing, a few days later i returned it because the ui was weird on my computer and i wasn’t into the aesthetic.

I'm a big ""***cozy***"" aesthetics gamer and I'm drawn to games that have beautifully designed environments (for a purpose). This has led to a few quick purchases after stumbling upon their store pages.

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS) - I was randomly browsing the eshop for RPGs with nice-looking towns and saw this. I scanned the screenshots and purchased the game without any research beyond that. There wasn't a lot of depth, but it was like playing through someone else's imagination and memories in a classic Japanese town. It was a short adventure, but an enjoyable one.

Doraemon Story of Seasons (Switch/PC/PS4) - similar to Attack of the Friday Monsters, I saw screenshots on the store page - including a cute cow and farming - and that was enough for me. I knew Doraemon was a big show in Japan, but I didn't know anything about it beyond that.

It brought the classic Harvest Moon back to basics (which I loved,) but I didn't resonate with the Doraemon characters or story. The price tag at launch was steep at $65ish + tax CAD, so I do regret buying this one as I only played it for a couple of hours.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (PC) - being able to run a shop in an RPG is an automatic +10 love points for me. I saw you could run a shop on the game's store page and the wallet was out (this is also why I bought Moonlighter).

Recettear turned out to be one of my favorite "not sure what this is all about, but it looks nice" purchases. This game is a perfect blend of dungeon crawling and shopkeeping. I WISH there were a true successor or sequel with more content (they did release Chantelise but let's not even talk about that). A+

Last edited:
The Red Strings Club. The only reason I got it was because I was looking for a game with similar vibes to Va11 Hall-A

I don't think so. Usually I need to know what I'm getting myself into before I buy something. I did however play Mario Strikers this past weekend without ever playing it before and it was a lot of fun. Not exactly the most perfect game but I did enjoy playing it with other people.

The only ones I can remember off the top of my head are Pokken Tournament and Captain Toad for my Wii U but I ended of LOVING BOTH OF THEM! I always do research really, I want to make sure I will not waste money and I will actually play the game for atleast 50 hours.

Pioneers of Olive Town. My sister and I impulse bought it at Walmart last summer. It was full price back then but it was definitely worth it. It isn't perfect but it's the most fun I've had with a farming sim game since Harvest Moon DS! Definitely would recommend! There's lots of stuff to do and animals to buy/raise.

I bought BOTW on a whim last year for a holiday- it’s a really fun game but much, much harder than I expected (I’ve put so much time in and I’m still nowhere near to beating Ganon) and isn’t something I reach for regularly so I don’t know if I made the right call there tbh

i bought fallout new vegas knowing nothing about it in 2015 and its one of my top games of all time. i sincerely only bought it because it was like $8 for the ultimate edition during the steam summer sale, and it was the last $10 i had. im very very happy i tried it.

Back