• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Haunting Cooldowns

OswinOswald

Bells
Switch
1920-3285-9320
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Partially because I wanted to make a new thread (for testing dust purposes)
and because I feel like the other threads are messy
I can't guarantee I can keep this updated because life is keeping me busy, but, I will try. If you have any concrete data, please reply and I will update it.

Here are the shortest intervals I have had so far:
Haunt of Conversation:
2 profile posts (2-4 dust) in 10-12 Hours (Event Trigger MESSAGE)
4 in forums other than the basement (3-6 dust) + 2 in the basement (1-2 dust) in ? >10 Hours (I only have data for 18 hrs, couldn't test between 11-18 hrs) (Event Trigger POST)
1 new thread in ? >9Hours (Event Trigger THREAD)
Haunt of Viewing:
1 per 6-8 Hours (for viewing a carnival thread, Event Trigger VIEW, 1 dust)
1 per 6-8 Hours? (for viewing another's profile or someone viewing your profile, Event Trigger PROFILE, 1 dust)
Haunt of Acceptance: ? at least 3 in a given interval (4-12 dust) **during boost, as reported by kiwikenobi***
Haunt of Democracy: 1 per 24 hours (Event Trigger VOTE, 2 dust)
Haunt of Reaction: 1 per 6-8 hours (Event Trigger REACT, 2-4 dust)

Right now I've gotten at least a couple of points of data for VIEW and REACT, so I'm more sure of those, but not sure about the others. I'm starting to wonder if there is a random factor though... just to make me loose sleep hehe

--------------------------------------------------------------
I just got back into the tent because I didn't realize ther was a dust boost, and so I don't have any cooldowns yet,
but for bells per action, there definitely seems to be some sort of random factor
Haunt of Conversation:
profile posts (2-4 dust) in 10 Hours (Event Trigger MESSAGE)
6 in forums other than the basement (3-8 dust) + 4 in the basement (1-3 dust) in >14 Hours (Event Trigger POST)
1 new thread in ? Hours (Event Trigger THREAD)
Haunt of Viewing:
1 per 8? Hours (for viewing a carnival thread, Event Trigger VIEW, 1 dust)
1 per 8? Hours (for viewing another's profile or someone viewing your profile, Event Trigger PROFILE, 2 dust)
Haunt of Acceptance: ? at least 3 in a given interval (4-12 dust)
Haunt of Democracy: 1 per 24 hours (Event Trigger VOTE, 2 dust)
Haunt of Reaction: 2 per 8? hours (Event Trigger REACT, 2-6 dust)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there's an element of randomness at this point. It just feels too difficult to spot any patterns, so I think perhaps there is some uncontrollable variability in there somewhere. Either that, or staff are manipulating how dust is distributed behind the scenes from time to time, perhaps to make it more (or less) balanced and fair.

Whatever the case, I think we're making good progress toward unlocking the star fragment, especially with all of the people holding onto their dust (like me), waiting to donate it in fewer, larger donations instead of donating just a few here and there as they're accumulated.

I swear I’ve only gotten the poll dust once and never again. Not even waiting a whole day has worked.

thanks for tracking! I think I rarely ever see anything more than 1 dust coming from the basement.

I swear I’ve only gotten the poll dust once and never again. Not even waiting a whole day has worked.
Well, I just got another democracy dust, it was approx 28 hours. I bet it's 24 hrs, I was just at work at couldn't test it. I was actively checking at around 18-20 hours after my first democracy dust and wasn't getting any new dust.

here are my observations from today:

haunt of conversation
posting on members’ profiles: once/twice every 10-12 hours

haunt of reaction
”liking” or “loving” someone’s post: once every 6 hours

haunt of viewing
viewing an event thread: once every 6 hours
viewing a member’s profile: once every 7-8 hours
someone viewing your profile: once every 7-8 hours

i wouldn’t be surprised if the cooldown length for each isn’t fixed, but these check out from what i noticed for my earnings today at least. it’s been over 12 hours since i last earned any dust from posting or voting in polls, so i’m still in cooldown, but i’ll maybe be back to update this if that changes before i head to bed.

i’ve only earned dust from an entry being accepted once (for vandal visions), so i’m afraid i can’t input any data for that right now 😅

Last edited:
For the time being, there is temporarily a boost in the amount of dust we’re getting for about 48 hours or so (more likely less than that now) but still there is a significant increase for the dusting :3

For the time being, there is temporarily a boost in the amount of dust we’re getting for about 48 hours or so (more likely less than that now) but still there is a significant increase for the dusting :3
I've just gotten back into the tent. Has anyone investigated whether cooldowns have been shortened for the weekend?

Can't believe how much dust is generated now...crazy.

Not sure about the cooldowns, but we should definitely take advantage of it while we can!

I'm back! I didn't realize dusting was increased recently; that's great news! I'll report back what I find when I find it =)

I think the cooldowns might be similar? But the dust....huge difference.
I haven't cleared s cool down yet to confirm, although am close! But i did notice I got more posts in a given time that I got dust for - see OP!
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind, am just coming out of cooodown:)
But for example, I was about to trigger dust for 4 posts and 2 basement posts before, but this time am getting dust for 6 posts and 4 basement posts every 8 hours or so. Also more profile posts per cooodown are earning me dust, 4, up from 2

Thank you for this! I was wondering how long the cooldown was, and if it was anything like the dust event during Camp.

This was super helpful, I’ve been trying to figure the methods behind the madness!

Thanks for posting this! I always have trouble keeping count of my cooldowns, so I can at least have a general idea now!

I came to this thread with a post in mind but got distracted by all your wonderful lineups! figured I'd still share ✨

Back