• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has anyone else not had a meteor shower yet?

NookPlaza just rolled out a new weather forecaster tool. If you play for a few hours, you can figure out your weather pattern and plan your 'sitting and staring at the sky with no tools out and just listening for 1hr+ at a time' accordingly. Shooting stars have a chance of appearing during 'clear skies' between 7pm-4am. I haven't had official (announced by Isabelle and talked about by villagers) meteor showers since March, but I've had nice enough periods the past two nights that I was able to make quite a few wishes each night.

I have been playing since the day after launch and no meteor shower! I have gotten Celeste a few times and one time I had around 10 stars appear in a row.

I haven't had "clear skies" yet. Some impressive thunderstorms, though, with plenty of lightning.

been playing since march. no meteor shower. but luckily my friends have so i visit their islands.

200+ hours and not a single meteor shower here either. I have seen shooting stars-- a grand total of twice. You're not alone!

I’m pretty sure I’ve only had one when Celeste first showed up and then never had another one again, even when Celeste did show up :/ It’s kinda lame, I end up lurking on people’s islands a lot XD

I was actually wondering something about Celeste and shooting stars. If you have a meteor shower, are you guaranteed to get Celeste on your island? Because I got one before and couldn’t find her ANYWHERE, after running around my entire island like 10 times. And then another time I did see Celeste and there were no shooting stars to be seen???? Maybe I’m just not patient enough and gave up too quickly but idk, I definitely waited for a good while.

That being said, I got an announcement for a meteor shower tonight so I’m praying I’ll be able to find Celeste too!

I was somewhere around 120 days before I hit shooting stars (given I stay in the same week pretty frequently when time traveling so it's probably closer to 50 days).

I've had two meteor showers so far, and a couple nights with random stars. I wish the random stars were just a bit more common since we have the monthly constellation recipes

This is why.

Screenshot_20200521-141225_Chrome.jpg

I had a shower the other night. It was amazing. So many shooting stars.
Hope you get one soon.

I also haven’t had a single shooting star that I’ve noticed let alone meteor shower and I’ve been playing since release day! It’s of some comfort to know I’m not alone! Getting some nice DIYs from Celeste though that I’m increasingly unlikely to be able to do anything with for a year haha

I havent had a single one and i'm so sad about it. i've heard your meteor showers are set at the dates theyre at and repeat yearly, so maybe some of us are just gonna have more of saturation of meteor showers later in the year while some people just happened to get theirs in a cluster at the beginning?

I've had 2 or 3 official meteor showers but i seem to get shooting stars every few days lol

edit: I would assume it's just bad luck :/ Hopefully you can get one soon though! :D

yeah, i'm extremely upset. and i've been waiting for it. i've time traveled a few months and still haven't gotten one, and have never had celeste visit either. :/

I've had two meteor showers announced by Isabelle (can't recall when the first one happened, but the 2nd one was 2 days ago) and shooting stars announced today. I've also had villagers mention shooting stars (without any announcements) quite a few times when there's clear skies, but I haven't kept track of that.

I have been playing every day since release and have never had a meteor shower. I do get the 5 star bursts a few times a night when it is clear but thats about it.

I was actually wondering something about Celeste and shooting stars. If you have a meteor shower, are you guaranteed to get Celeste on your island? Because I got one before and couldn’t find her ANYWHERE, after running around my entire island like 10 times. And then another time I did see Celeste and there were no shooting stars to be seen???? Maybe I’m just not patient enough and gave up too quickly but idk, I definitely waited for a good while.

That being said, I got an announcement for a meteor shower tonight so I’m praying I’ll be able to find Celeste too!
Celeste has a chance to show up if the weather conditions are right for a meteor shower. But she's not tied to meteor showers. You can have a meteor shower and no Celeste, or you can have Celeste and no meteor shower. Typically if she's in your town, you have a chance of at least a few shooting stars so it's worth hanging out on those nights regardless. She was in my town last night; no meteor shower, but I wished on 50 stars in a 3 hour time span. *shrug*

I've had a meteor shower maybe once or twice over the course of just under two months. Usually, I go to other people's towns to see shooting stars; the ones on my own town are too infrequent for me anyway.

Back