• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has anyone else not had a meteor shower yet?

No meteor shower here yet either, and have never had Isabelle or a villager mention shooting stars or meteors at all. Celeste has frequented a few times though.

Meeeeee *whines quietly*

I've had Celeste (exactly twice) and the handful of stars you get normally, but no showers.

My island seems really low on shooting stars. I've played very day since release and haven't had a meteor shower yet, and despite checking regularly I've only spotted shooting stars once.

Is my island cursed, or do other people not have many shooting stars? My friends' islands have all had showers.

You are not alone. I’ve had maybe five nights where I saw shooting stars but no meteor showers. :(
Post automatically merged:

I haven't either, but I've seen Celeste in my town and been able to catch a few stars when she does. Maybe 3 times now, playing since launch? Just keep an eye out for her late on clear nights.

You can get scattered stars without her, and I’ve had her show up nights I saw zero stars.

Got shooting stars 3 days in a row. 2 of them are meteor showers but only one of them is announced by Isabelle. Oddly enough Celeste appeared in the one that was not announced.

i thought i was cursed too but i finally managed to get some shooting stars. i'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but for me at least, i get more stars at around 10-11pm and not at around 8pm. i finally told myself to have some patience and wait, and sometimes i do end up hearing that twinkle effect and start wishing away for an hour

sometimes isabelle tells me that there will be a meteor shower during the announcement, and i have had celeste show up on my island with and without a meteor shower. i was on 5 may in the southern hemisphere and i got a decent amount of star frags the next day (highly doubt that your 5 may will also get a meteor shower but who knows)

I have not had a meteor shower in my town or witnessed a single shooting star :( Been playing over a month, and I time travel! Isabelle has never announced a meteor shower, no residents have talked about it, and Celeste has showed up multiple times but still no shooting stars :(

I've never had a meteor shower in my town, but I've been to my friends' towns to wish on their stars. Hehe I guess I don't mind, although it would be nice to have one on my own island! I have had randoms stars in my island though! like one or two just flying by.

Isabelle never announced one but I’m pretty sure I had a few. She’s so bad at her job.

I've been playing since release and haven't seen one in my town either despite some nights having clear skies.

Thankfully friends have been kind enough to let me visit their island to wish on stars. I'd still have no wands nor would I be able to craft recipes from Celeste without them!

Another one who hasn't had a Meteor Shower yet :(
Have had Celeste four times I believe, but i haven't even noticed any shooting stars yet either!

I haven’t had any either. Nor have I seen any shooting stars in my town. The only time I’ve seen them and gotten frags is from two towns I visited.
I’ve only seen Celeste once as well.
I’m a little sad and jealous.

Played every day since release, no TT, I've had TWO shooting stars. Missed the first then caught the second. Zero meteor showers.

I know this is an older thread, but I still haven't had any shooting stars or meteor showers at all. Have played and checked every day since launch, and nothing. Not one. I'm resorting to hoping other people open up their islands when they have showers. So sad, though...

I finally got my first shooting star last night when I went on it around 1am as I was still awake. Well, there was 2 shooting stars, but I missed the first one I was in the process of taking a picture, but I got the second one. And I waited for another 10 mins but no more shooting stars!

I've been playing since release and Isabelle announced it once, and I got a few random nights with lots of shooting stars too

i mean i have had the smaller, unannounced ones, but i haven't had a big announced one yet. when i was TTing to open up plots isabelle announced one around late june though, so i'm super excited for then!

I've had one in my main town and have been playing since release! Isabelle didn't announce it, but the villagers did talk about stars that day and also acknowledged it while it was happening.

Back