Happy New Year (Eve?) from The Bell Tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your way of thinking makes me wonder why you play AC. AC is all about collecting items. It is all pixel, right? (; And you also bought several pokeballs to sell them afterwards.
AC is all about making friends and hanging out and relaxing. If you play for collecting, then that's fine, I'm not judging you, but you may be missing out on other great aspects of the game.

I prefer getting the Party Popper from other people, cause then you get a message to go with it instead of just "Party Popper".
Thanks, Oath!

Final restock of 5 is coming at 7pm Pacific. (1 hour and 16 minutes from this post!)

AC is all about making friends and hanging out and relaxing. If you play for collecting, then that's fine, I'm not judging you, but you may be missing out on other great aspects of the game.

I prefer getting the Party Popper from other people, cause then you get a message to go with it instead of just "Party Popper".
Thanks, Oath!

I totally agree with your point of view x)
I just think jake is not really "accepting" people's liking to collect.
I personally, when I bought ACNL, wanted to do the same stuff as when I was a 8 year, making my "dream" house, having my "dream" villagers, this is called collecting, as you collect items to get them in your house, collect exclusive items etc. That is basically what people do in Retail when they buy stuff, they are collecting them. Just like collecting badges. Many aspect of the game is about collecting.
Sure, it is about relaxing and making friends, but when I first bought the game, I didn't thin, Yipeee, I'm going to make new friends. Not at all, I was thinking about going back into my childhood, bathed into this liking of collecting etc.
So just saying, for many people, they like collecting, it might not change their life, just like you might say "Why do you need to fill 100% the catalogue?", it is to fulfill a goal and it feels good when you've done so. Might not change your life, but it feels great :)

I think Jake accepts people collecting. I also think he's on the same page as me (sorry if I'm assuming, Jake) in being annoyed by the greed during this event. I was hoping this would be fun, lots of people getting those silly poppers so we can all celebrate the new year.

You cannot compare anything in AC to these items because the forum poppers are incredibly LIMITED. At least in AC, all items can be duped to create more (still bad, but they are unlimited). Besides those buying to gift friends with slow internet, you can't tell me people didn't buy 6 - 10 of them to be greedy and make a quick buck since they're limited.

Beating a dead horse here, but yeah. Greedy people will always be greedy, zebras can't change their stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back