• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🕰️ Got the time? 🦉

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Do you prefer a face clock or a digital clock? Do you prefer standard time (1-12) or military time (0-24)?
How do you feel about Coocoo Clocks?
Do you have a clock that was passed down from a family member?
Do you have a novelty clock?
Have other thoughts about clocks? 🤔

I prefer a digital clock 100%. I can read a face clock, but I’ve always found it confusing.
I prefer military time! Makes it easier for setting alarms.
Coocoo clocks are pretty cool, but I’ve never had one or even really encountered one.
I have no family heirloom clocks.
I do have a Lunarium, which is a clock for the moon phases!
Clocks are important, but I feel as a society we place too much emphasis on time.

Do you prefer a face clock or a digital clock? Do you prefer standard time (1-12) or military time (0-24)?
I prefer standard time! I have some of the 24 hour times memorized. It would be nice if it was more common in the US becuase it does make more sense than the AM/PM system.
I think they’re neat! A family friend’s mom has one in her late husband’s huge collection of German stuff. It really adds to the room and helps makes it feel cozy and it’s always fun to watch it go off. It’s fairly quiet too so even my easily-jumpscared self doesn’t mind ^^
Nope.
I used to have this kitcat clock!
IMG_2378.jpeg

Somewhere we have a bird clock and I think it plays different bird songs depending on the hour.
Here are a bunch of cute clocks I want!
IMG_2379.jpeg
IMG_2381.jpeg
IMG_2383.jpeg
IMG_2382.jpeg
IMG_2380.jpeg
IMG_2384.jpeg

We have a bunch of non-functioning clocks around the house. So my main form of seeing time now is checking my phone.

Although I also don't take my phone everywhere, and it easily causes me to lose my sense of time. There was one time I went into our garage to play Ace Attorney. Upon leaving, I wasn't even aware that 6 hours had flew by.

Do you prefer a face clock or a digital clock?
I've always preferred the look of face clocks. They come in so many different styles and shapes. There's something for almost any type of decor and they look timeless which works for my decorating style.

Do you prefer standard time (1-12) or military time (0-24)?
Standard time because it's the one I'm most familiar with. I can convert military time but I always have to stop and think about it. It's not something my brain just does automatically because I've rarely had to use it.

They're pretty neat. I don't think I'd ever own one, but they're cute. I believe my grandmother used to own one but it didn't work anymore.

No.

I have this steampunk clock with moving gears in my bathroom.
20230130-203424.jpg

Have other thoughts about clocks?
I like what @Gabby said about society placing too much emphasis on time. I understand the need for it for things like appointments, but I don't think people should be judged for being a few minutes late. I'm salary now so I have more freedom, but I used to hate punching a time clock.

I definitely prefer a digital clock.

I prefer standard time. It's easier for me and military time makes me have to stop and think for a moment. I'll stick to what I am used to.

I'm indifferent. I haven't owned one and haven't been in a place where they are used.

Nope.

Nope.

I prefer a digital clock

I honestly do not mind I am happy with either.

I saw the best black gothic grandfather clock with a little black bird it was so cute and I wanted it so bad but it was 11k.

No I don't I have completely different taste to my family members haha (Anything gothic is my style) so they would give it to my sister haha.

I do I got it as a gift from a friend for Christmas. I haven't set it up yet but it looks like this:

1708680741989.png

Do you prefer a face clock, or a digital clock?
I prefer a digital clock. I can read a face clock, but a digital clock is much easier and quicker to read, rather than a face clock.

Do you prefer standard time (1-12), or military time (0-24)?
Standard time is much easier. As for military time, I have to stop and remember what any number beyond 12 means. I'm used to that, though.

How do you feel about cuckoo clocks?
They look really nice, but I think they'd be really annoying to have, after a short while.

No, but I was given a really cute Hello Kitty teacup clock by a family member that I've had, since probably 2011. I have a friend who also has that exact same clock, too! I also have a SpongeBob SquarePants clock I got from another family member, I've had it since I was really young. Both clocks still work to this day!

Besides the aforementioned Hello Kitty teacup clock, and the SpongeBob SquarePants clock from family members...no.

There are other clocks I found that I really love!

1708682759988.jpeg

1708682766342.jpeg
1708682805962.jpeg

1708682815086.jpeg

1708682837375.jpeg

1708682850913.png

The last two clocks really remind me a lot of the ones in Animal Crossing!

I prefer the appearance of analogue clocks! Even with my digital watch, I have it set to an analogue-style face, rather than digital.

I think I'd prefer the face clock to have numbers, but for watches, I prefer them without numbers. I like the look of the glistening metal line markings!

Twenty-four hour time by far! It's simple, it saves the use of AM/PM, and it's clear and specific. I first started using it for uni/work when record-keeping, and I've extended it to almost every area of life.

Ambivalent!

No, but I have a watch!

Also no, but I did have a Bug's Life watch as a kid, and I may still have that. 🤔😊

I don't have an actual clock in my house. There's always a phone, a watch, an iPad, a laptop, etc.!

I always prefer face clocks. Though, I do not mind quickly checking my phone time if I need to know the time quickly.
So, my mum has always has a passion and love for clocks...So she has a HUGE collection and we have at least one clock in each room (I feel like this made me feel completely out of it, if I go somewhere and there isn't a clock on the wall, it urks me.) In the kitchen, she has at least 20 or so clocks on the wall.
Some don't work, some are a lil early or late, one is the timezone for Mexico, so my mum realises the time difference.
Also a reason I don't go in the kitchen much, because when it's silent, all you can hear is the ticking XD

I don't mind both standard or military time, that's not what I get confused over time, I get conufsed over half past or something, it takes me a bit to realise what someone means.

Do clocks that chime every hour count as a cuchoo clock? I wouldn't mind a cuckoo clock, they look cute!

I prefer a digital clock. I mostly use my phone as a clock so I feel a face clock is sort of redundant. I like the aesthetics of face clocks, especially of the antique variety, but I wouldn't really use them for telling time.

I understand military time better but most people I know use the standard time so I use that. There are 24 hours in a day. Why not use that?

I have never had one but I have seen them in films and in other places. I think the novelty would get old every hour.

No

No, I wish I did though. Clocks are just not the first thing that come to mind.

Not really. Time for me to go then.

Either is fine. I like how face clocks can have so many different designs/styles, but all of the time displays are digital (stove, phone, etc). I haven't even thought about buying a face clock in a long time. .

Either is fine. I grew up a military brat, so military time is natural. But so is standard.

I love cuckoo clocks!!! We visited the black forest when we lived in germany, and we all got clocks. They had sooo many cool cuckoo clocks.

Nope. We have a family clock, but it's not going to be passed to me (it better not be). It's a nice clock, does different chimes and things, but it's really, really loud.

Nope. Just the cuckoo clock.

Yes! We shouldn't change them back and forth twice a year. Haha, that probably doesn't count.

The most intersting clock I've seen in person was the clock tower in Rothenburg. It was a big deal, not like just going to look at a clock. There was a festival, parade (ish, people on decorated horses, dressed up in old styles, etc), lots and lots of beer. And then everybody ended up in front of the clock tower.

When it chimed, the little clock dudes came out of the clock and did their thing. One of the figures "drank" the whole time the clock was chiming. Then they both went back into the clock, everybody cheered, and I remember thinking "That's it?" and feeling like everyone around me had lost their minds. Fun day, though.

I prefer digital clocks, it’s just easier and faster to tell time that way.

I prefer standard time, it’s what I’m used to. military involves too much thinking from me. I just want to know the time and keep it moving.

I don’t personally own any, but I’ve seen some really cool looking ones. I don’t mind them just not something I’d go out my way to purchase unless something really nice catches my fancy.

Nope, I don’t even think half of them even own a clock. Nowadays everyone just uses their phones for the time.

No.

Now that I think about it, I don’t even own a single clock in my house (unless the clock on the stove/oven counts?). i just use my phone and my smart watch, never saw a point of a clock I guess. I used to own one of those clocks with a radio when i lived in an apartment, but I don’t know what happened to it.

Digital clocks for reading the time, face clocks (especially with roman numerals/no numbers/numbers in a classy serif typeface) for aesthetic purposes. I was taught how to read analog clocks, but I admit I've... largely forgotten how to. 😅 I've got about a 50% chance of reading one correctly? Context cues help.

Standard time. I have to translate military time in my head back to standard (and sometimes I still math wrong).

I love the really detailed intricate ones!! I'd honestly love to own one as long as it doesn't go off during the night and isn't, um, incredibly expensive like a lot of them seem to be. ;u; Unless I become unexpectedly rich and successful I can't see myself being willing to spend hundreds, let alone thousands, on a novelty clock, no matter how beautiful.

I don't think so.

Also no, but maybe someday!

I yearn for the abolishment of daylight savings time. Standard time only for me please, thanks.
Also I adore grandfather clocks and would love to own one someday. 🙏 Actual dream piece of furniture for me right there!!

face clock 100%! imo they're much more charming. I can read them pretty quickly (I had to practice a lot in school), so it's not inconvenient even if digital is a little faster.

I much prefer military. I always set my devices to run on military time and wish it was more commonly used! ofc I think 1-12 works best for face clocks.

cute and underrated imo. I can see how people could find them annoying but personally I think they're awesome! if I ever owned a little bakery or something I think it'd be a cute decoration, although I never realized how expensive they were...

while I don't personally own it, my grandfather gave my younger sibling his pocket watch. it still works and is in pristine condition. it's an amazing memento of him, and a neat look into the past!

unfortunately, no! I love novelty goods, so I'd really like to find a fun clock like the ones other people have mentioned here.

as other people have mentioned, I'm so tired of daylight savings time! it often ends around my birthday which always throws me off :/
I think clocks are super neat overall!

i don't think i've literally ever thought about this question before lol. i guess i prefer digital clocks and standard time.

loud and obnoxious, absolutely not

nope!

also nope!

i'm gonna echo what everyone else is saying about daylight savings time, it's so pointless.

I don't really have a strong preference, but I guess analog clock faces are more interesting to me.

I guess I prefer standard time, but I've learned military time and it seems useful.

Kind of a neat, quirky little thing. I could see myself owning one, but I'm not exactly running out to the stores to acquire one.

No.

Also no.

Grandfather clocks and pocket watches are cool. I've kind of wanted to get a pocket watch for a number of years, but I just never get around to it because other things tend to take precedence. Maybe this year? We'll see.

I'll also hop aboard the train of people in the replies who would prefer that we get rid of Daylight Saving's Time and keep things in Standard Time permanently.

Last edited:
my mom used to yell at me because i was so bad at telling time with analog clocks 😂😔 i guess digital is my preferred way of telling time. i do really like the aesthetic of analog clocks though, and love the white noise of a clock ticking away. I'm also intensely horrid at math so i need to use standard time to understand what time it is in the afternoon.

i used to rlly like cuckoo clocks but now i think I prefer the aesthetic of just a regular no-frills clock.

my grampa died very recently and he always used to joke that we'd all be fighting over his antique grandfather clock that's been in our family for generations, it makes me a bit sad as it's actually the opposite and no one wants it because it's so huge and loud 😭 it would especially look comical in my tiny flat, it's a beautiful clock though

anyway i probably prefer traditional clocks over digital as they're prettier (although admittedly it will take me more than a few seconds longer to work out the time with them haha..)

Do you prefer a face clock or a digital clock? - digital but I can read the face clocks
Do you prefer standard time (1-12) or military time (0-24)? - Standard but they use military time at work so I'm familiar with both
How do you feel about Coocoo Clocks? - they are charming but I don't wanna hear a clock that makes a ticking noise everytime a second passes
Do you have a clock that was passed down from a family member? - no
Do you have a novelty clock? - no I wish
Have other thoughts about clocks? - I'm realizing I have no clocks in my house except the one on the stove or my cell phone. Maybe I need to step up my clock game

Back