• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tested the glitch as well.

On April 16th I adopted Marshal (my game was April 21 since I had TT'd to move someone out). He gave me the repeated dialogue. I invited him the first time and said "don't know" the second time when he asked where he should move. After he moved in and was out of boxes, I TT'd back to the present day.

I then quarantined my game (no visitors/visiting, but still sent online mail with friends) until today. My friend came over today, and Marshal was in his house. We had a connection error so nothing saved, but after, Marshal was wandering around my island. He's back over now, and Marshal's gone back inside his house but still normal. I guess if your would-be-glitched villager has made it this far it doesn't seem likely they would glitch out now? Although I have read people checking their game and the whole house is gone and an empty plot remains...

Sprocket adopted without any problem!

Last edited:
nevermind didn't realize they kinda fixed the glitch, thought I lost a dreamie for a second lol

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this is not the case for Raymond.

Raymond is obtainable at the earliest as your sixth villager (from the first forced campsite visitor). He will always move in with his original furniture and interior. :(

Genji, on the other hand, as a jock is potentially one of first two starter villagers on your island and thus will have the starter interior and furniture until he moves to another town, where his interior will change to what it should be.
:( awwh..

Think of it this way: you have to come up with a backstory for why Raymond's house is the way it is! Maybe he was robbed at his previous home, maybe Redd scammed him during the move?

Maybe he was so excited to move to your town but didn't have the funds so he had to sell his furniture, and buy whatever was available from Nook's?

Think of it this way: you have to come up with a backstory for why Raymond's house is the way it is! Maybe he was robbed at his previous home, maybe Redd scammed him during the move?

Maybe he was so excited to move to your town but didn't have the funds so he had to sell his furniture, and buy whatever was available from Nook's?
he fell on true hardships D: he lost all the money

i kicked marshal out with a walker amiibo and how his exterior is Marshals old home. will it fix itself eventually or should i kick walker out and bring him in again?

i kicked marshal out with a walker amiibo and how his exterior is Marshals old home. will it fix itself eventually or should i kick walker out and bring him in again?

That is still happening?? It wont fix itself. I had this happen 3 weeks ago and still have an incorrect exterior for one of my villagers.

He's safe to be adopted. The exterior glitch is usually caused by TTing when a villager is on the process of moving in. The reason why the game didn't load the correct exterior properly.

You have to evict him unfortunately and the adoptee will have the correct house exterior as long as th ey didn't expedite the process. I'm not sure if this glitch happens to everyone though.

is he safe to adopt out or should i void him?

He's safe to be adopted. The exterior glitch is usually caused by TTing when a villager is on the process of moving in. The reason why the game didn't load the correct exterior properly.

You have evict him and the adoptee will have the correct house exterior as long as th ey didn't expedite the process.
yea that’s exactly what i did lol. no biggie i’ll just bring him back again. ty!

is he safe to adopt out or should i void him?

It looks like others have been testing that recently and having no problems, but most are taking precautions by not doing any online play or minimal to no TTing once they adopt a villager. If you do adopt them out, I would just advise the person to do the same or risk glitching. That said, the person will probably get the incorrect exterior, but it should be safe to void them out. If you force them out, you can avoid the exterior glitch be tting one day at a time. Dont have someone move in and tt until after they finish unpacking.

I need some advice! Raymond moved into my town today but he's living in Judy's house? Judy moved out yesterday and now Raymond has literally moved into her pink & blue house. Is Raymond going to glitch? I gave Judy away to someone yesterday and now I'm worried I've caused a glitch!

I need some advice! Raymond moved into my town today but he's living in Judy's house? Judy moved out yesterday and now Raymond has literally moved into her pink & blue house. Is Raymond going to glitch? I gave Judy away to someone yesterday and now I'm worried I've caused a glitch!
this happened to me this morning. did you skip the day that the plot was just “SOLD”? From what i experienced, nothing was wrong with the villager. apparently it won’t fix itself so you either gotta get someone to hold your raymond and move him back or just live with the house error

this happened to me this morning. did you skip the day that the plot was just “SOLD”? From what i experienced, nothing was wrong with the villager. apparently it won’t fix itself so you either gotta get someone to hold your raymond and move him back or just live with the house error
Darn that's harsh! Luckily I don't care much for Raymond but I'm worried about the person who adopted Judy. Raymond was in my campsite and booted Judy out. I was doing some time travelling so I guess I did it to myself :/ If I give Raymond away, will he be glitched?

Darn that's harsh! Luckily I don't care much for Raymond but I'm worried about the person who adopted Judy. Raymond was in my campsite and booted Judy out. I was doing some time travelling so I guess I did it to myself :/ If I give Raymond away, will he be glitched?

judy should be fine. i think raymond should be alright too but you should give the heads up to potential buyers

wow... another glitch... 🤦‍♀️
This will happen only with camp villager or with every adoption? If tomorrow i'll adopt a villager from another island it's safe or the glitch will trigger?

wow... another glitch... 🤦‍♀️
This will happen only with camp villager or with every adoption? If tomorrow i'll adopt a villager from another island it's safe or the glitch will trigger?
I think you'll be safe to adopt a villager. The person who took Judy from me is fine and unglitched. I've had people adopt a couple villagers without any issues. The only issue is in my own island where Raymond is in the wrong colour house. Otherwise he's walking & talking fine lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back