• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why when you scan in an amiibo, they take the previous's resident(of that spot's) house? for instance, I kicked out Judy and sold her via Tasha amiibo, and it's Judy's house. I really care about this because Tasha's house is pretty special and gives off a kind of vibe.

Does anyone know why when you scan in an amiibo, they take the previous's resident(of that spot's) house? for instance, I kicked out Judy and sold her via Tasha amiibo, and it's Judy's house. I really care about this because Tasha's house is pretty special and gives off a kind of vibe.

Just the exterior is the same, not the interior, right?

If so, this is a known glitch that affects all campers, not just Amiibo. It happens when you mess with the "plot sold" day. TTing backwards, TTing forwards and skipping the "plot sold" day, or just playing naturally but not loading the save file on that day will cause the exterior of the camper's house to be the same as the previous house.

There's no way to fix this without moving the villager out and re-inviting them. Since you have Tasha's Amiibo, it's easier to do so.

So I kicked Cherry out via amiibo to move Whitney in and to give Cherry to someone.
So after Whitney told me she's moving in and that Cherry don't mind moving.
I went to talk to Cherry and she was in boxes so I saved and quit while I wait for the person to get in touch with me to come and get Cherry.

So when I got back on and saw that Cherry blinds weren't opened I then when up to her door and it said she's sleep don't wake her.
I thought that was a little weird but then again uchi villager's aren't up until 9:30 A.M.

I have a question kinda pertaining to this. I have Marina in boxes right now, I had moved her into my island using her amiibo card. I don't want her on my island as much as I thought I did so I have Merry's amiibo card and asked her in the campsite if she wanted to move in and she is now going to move into Marina's plot in the next few days. My question is can someone still come and claim Marina without there being any issues or should I just let Marina go naturally?

I have a question kinda pertaining to this. I have Marina in boxes right now, I had moved her into my island using her amiibo card. I don't want her on my island as much as I thought I did so I have Merry's amiibo card and asked her in the campsite if she wanted to move in and she is now going to move into Marina's plot in the next few days. My question is can someone still come and claim Marina without there being any issues or should I just let Marina go naturally?
you should be good. Ive adopted out many amiibo kicked villagers with no issues

yes you can
there shouldn't be any issues with that, many people (including myself) have cycled amiibo villagers in & out that way

Just the exterior is the same, not the interior, right?

If so, this is a known glitch that affects all campers, not just Amiibo. It happens when you mess with the "plot sold" day. TTing backwards, TTing forwards and skipping the "plot sold" day, or just playing naturally but not loading the save file on that day will cause the exterior of the camper's house to be the same as the previous house.

There's no way to fix this without moving the villager out and re-inviting them. Since you have Tasha's Amiibo, it's easier to do so.
I'm never time traveling again until I have my dream 10, thanks for this warning!

I'm never time traveling again until I have my dream 10, thanks for this warning!

When moving in campers, TTing should be fine, but you just have to do it day by day. It's skipping the "plot sold" day that causes the glitch, not inherently TTing (TTing backwards is always a bad idea, though).

So after you invite a camper and a villager moves out, TT forward by one day (keeping in mind that the AC day starts at 5 a.m.). I'd recommend just going to the empty plot and, like, take a picture of it or something for reassurance. Then save the game, and you can then TT onward one more day to when the camper is in boxes to move in. After that, you should be fine.

Does the exterior glitch occur with adopted villagers? If so, is it the only glitch that surrounds adopting villagers? Can it be prevented?

I have Molly in boxes, but she was forced via a campsite visitor. Is it safe to put her up on New Neighbour Network?

Today my son adopted one character from boxes, confirmed and all. He TT a day forward and was surprised to find one of mine who went to the Void.

I hate getting voided characters that I didn't ask for! I've got Rodney and now Canberra both from people whose islands I visited over a month ago and I didn't invite either of them.

I hate getting voided characters that I didn't ask for! I've got Rodney and now Canberra both from people whose islands I visited over a month ago and I didn't invite either of them.
Do void villagers come from friends or any random person?

Do void villagers come from friends or any random person?
Both. I believe they come from any island you have visited within a month?? Or perhaps the void keeps villagers longer than a month lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back