• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened to me as well for 2-3 villagers that I was getting from someone who got them via amiibo + got them to moved naturally, a month ago. It's just a little bug and it's totally safe, not glitched !
Yeah I can confirm that too. The dialogue for moving out went normally for the person adopting him!

On the glitched exterior thing, I got Audie to move in with the correct exterior by waiting until the day with the sold plot appeared then TTing one day forward! So like others said, maybe not TTing between the day the original villager moves out and the day the sold plot showing up is indeed crucial to getting the correct exterior.

Hope it works like that, I got this exterior glitch with the last campsite visitor I adopted and while she's not a permanent addition to my island I rather have it fixed...

I really need to confirm whether something related to adoptions is a sign of a glitch or hacked/duplicated villagers...
If it's a stupid question, please excuse me, first time adopting, so please help me out here.

I decided to buy Raymond, so I went to the seller's island to adopt him.
Raymond was in boxes, packing, ready to move out, and after speaking to him, I invited him over.
Then Raymond confirmed with Tom Nook he could move in, all good.
I spoke to Raymond again after this.
And then the conversation started from the beginning, and I was prompted to invite him again to my island.
After inviting him again, the short cut-scene where Raymond contacts Tom Nook played out again.
Then Raymond told me Tom said there was no spot available for him and sadly he couldn't go with me.
I freaked out and contacted the seller about this, and he told me that Raymond is just forgetful.
That since my invitation during the first conversation was successful, the plot was filled because he was moving in.
I went back to my island, and the plot was properly sold to Raymond, but the whole thing scared me.

Is what I experienced with the repeated conversation pattern normal every time you go to adopt a villager from another island?
Or is this repeated pattern a sign that I adopted a hacked/duplicated Raymond?
I have only invited villagers during mystery island tours before, and the conversation pattern is normal there, so I'm worried.
I really need to know this, this was my first time adopting a villager and I have no other way of finding out, thanks in advance!
This is the same thing that happened when I got Judy. It freaked me out but she moved in just fine.

You can't TT when you're moving people in with amiibos.
Not sure if this happens elsewise too, but this absolutely happens with amiibos nearly every time, practically guaranteed.
Has this been fixed since you posted? I've had no issue moving villagers out with amiibo and getting the correct exterior?

Example - if I move out Jay with Marshal and someone takes Jay, the next day the plot will be fenced and the day after Marshal will move in with his exterior.

Does the issue you're referring to only happen if Jay gets voided?

Has this been fixed since you posted? I've had no issue moving villagers out with amiibo and getting the correct exterior?

Example - if I move out Jay with Marshal and someone takes Jay, the next day the plot will be fenced and the day after Marshal will move in with his exterior.

Does the issue you're referring to only happen if Jay gets voided?

No, it hasn't been patched, and it doesn't matter how the villager was handled at move out.

It seems to only happen if you TT two+ days after moving someone in, but there issue isn't 100%. Seems pretty high if you do the TT thing, though.

I've personally had it happen without TTing two days, but most people only get it with two.

So basically TT at your risk, and be prepared to scan him in again if it glitches. It's not really a big deal though imo.

So apparently my Raymond is free of the previous adoption glitches, seems like those were properly patched up or I was lucky, everything is as it should be, from his house interior/exterior, to his behavior and interactions, and he is not going anywhere, his dialogue patterns are normal, already done treasure hunting, gift exchanges etc. with him, and no glitchy behavior was detected.

If there is one small thing I noticed, at the beginning, he didn't have a lot of dialogue pattern variations, there were some repetitions in the things he said, and I was worried this might have been a small glitchy thing, but now that I interacted a LOT with him, he says various things like the other smug villager I have. However, I would appreciate feedback regarding villager dialogue patterns and variations, is it normal for them to repeat phrases at the beginning when you just get to know them, not constantly but enough for you to notice when interacting with them?

Last edited:
So apparently my Raymond is free of the previous adoption glitches, seems like those were properly patched up or I was lucky, everything is as it should be, from his house interior/exterior, to his behavior and interactions, and he is not going anywhere, his dialogue patterns are normal, already done treasure hunting, gift exchanges etc. with him, and no glitchy behavior was detected.

If there is one small thing I noticed, at the beginning, he didn't have a lot of dialogue pattern variations, there were some repetitions in the things he said, and I was worried this might have been a small glitchy thing, but now that I interacted a LOT with him, he says various things like the other smug villager I have. However, I would appreciate feedback regarding villager dialogue patterns and variations, is it normal for them to repeat phrases at the beginning when you just get to know them, not constantly but enough for you to notice when interacting with them?

All villagers will always repeat dialogue, pretty much forever. Even after you get to know them, it's the same stuff. Audie's did the strike a pose dialogue for me like 5 days in a row for the first thing she said to me, even now at the level where she mails me presents almost daily.

That's just the unfortunate nature of the game

All villagers will always repeat dialogue, pretty much forever. Even after you get to know them, it's the same stuff. Audie's did the strike a pose dialogue for me like 5 days in a row for the first thing she said to me, even now at the level where she mails me presents almost daily.

That's just the unfortunate nature of the game

Yup, all my villagers repeat dialogue, even Raymond.

Is it 100% safe to adopt villagers who have the exterior house glitch? Is it official that it will fix it self when they move to your island?

Is it 100% safe to adopt villagers who have the exterior house glitch? Is it official that it will fix it self when they move to your island?

Yep, this is safe, it's just an aesthetic glitch on the original owner's island.
Their houses' exterior resets, akin to how beginner villagers' interiors reset, when they are adopted to somewhere else.

I'm so glad to see this thread has 'slowed down' since the patch! Part of me was worried that it would cause further complications, like one of the earlier patches seemed to do. I've been doing a lot of cycling and the only glitch I consistently run into now is the exterior one, which - as others have said - fixes itself when a villager is adopted out.

I don't know if the thread is the right one to discuss it but I still have a plot (the seventh I have built, the sixth was reserved for the first campsite villager) that is still not sold for 5 days now. Groucho lived in this house before but he has moved out since 5 days. I visited many mysterious islands but didn't invite any villager and I also didn't adopt one via amiibo. Will a new villager move randomly the next days or do I have to experience bugs when adopting villagers via amiibo. I have version 1.2.0 a. Thanks if you can help

I don't know if the thread is the right one to discuss it but I still have a plot (the seventh I have built, the sixth was reserved for the first campsite villager) that is still not sold for 5 days now. Groucho lived in this house before but he has moved out since 5 days. I visited many mysterious islands but didn't invite any villager and I also didn't adopt one via amiibo. Will a new villager move randomly the next days or do I have to experience bugs when adopting villagers via amiibo. I have version 1.2.0 a. Thanks if you can help

There are no bug with amiibo villagers right now outside of the exterior glitch which you also have to TT to get.
That said, it seems random on how fast the plot will fill, but random move ins do happen.

Your options are:
- Scan an amiibo
- Invite someone from a mystery island
- Invite someone from another player's island
- Let people visit you and pick up animals they've evicted without letting be adopted again ( aka pick up mystery villagers from their void )

There are no bug with amiibo villagers right now outside of the exterior glitch which you also have to TT to get.
That said, it seems random on how fast the plot will fill, but random move ins do happen.

Your options are:
- Scan an amiibo
- Invite someone from a mystery island
- Invite someone from another player's island
- Let people visit you and pick up animals they've evicted without letting be adopted again ( aka pick up mystery villagers from their void )

Ok thanks but what does TT mean ? Oh and I would probably adopt a villager from another players island as I don't have amiibo cards but I don't think it will make a difference. Ok I just reasearched it means time travel

Last edited:
hey guys! i need help real quick! merengue is currently in my town and i’m planning on giving her to my friend. i’m using rosies amiibo card to kick her out. i don’t TT at all, so will this affect my island of my friend’s island? please let me know!

hey guys! i need help real quick! merengue is currently in my town and i’m planning on giving her to my friend. i’m using rosies amiibo card to kick her out. i don’t TT at all, so will this affect my island of my friend’s island? please let me know!

No, the glitch has been fixed.

Since 1.2.0, I have given away 2 forced out to villagers using an amiibo. In both cases, the adopters did not experience any bugs.

I’ve given away 6 villagers I kicked out with amiibo. The glitch is fixed thankfully.

I'm not sure if this is the correct threat/topic but I just let someone adopted a villager from
my island and after she left. The villager house says "I've moved out". Is that normal or a glitch...?
This is my first time letting someone adopt a villager from my island so I'm not sure how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back