• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the correct threat/topic but I just let someone adopted a villager from
my island and after she left. The villager house says "I've moved out". Is that normal or a glitch...?
This is my first time letting someone adopt a villager from my island so I'm not sure how it goes.

That's normal. As long as the house doesn't stick around after the reset at 5 AM, you're good!

Thanks! Was a bit worried since like 5 mins after she left via the airport my internet got cut off
before I can properly close the gate.

What are the chances of it glitching now?
I'm moving in Punchy via amiibo so he's going to kick someone out and I plan on selling whomever gets kicked out.
I saw where people haven't had any problems but still I'm just a little worried tho.

I'm not sure if this is the correct threat/topic but I just let someone adopted a villager from
my island and after she left. The villager house says "I've moved out". Is that normal or a glitch...?
This is my first time letting someone adopt a villager from my island so I'm not sure how it goes.
It is supposed to say that!

What are the chances of it glitching now?
I'm moving in Punchy via amiibo so he's going to kick someone out and I plan on selling whomever gets kicked out.
I saw where people haven't had any problems but still I'm just a little worried tho.

The ' I've moved out ' glitch was never because of Amiibos, so it's fine.
Your only risk at this point is skipping their unpacking day and having a stuck exterior, not much of a big deal.

The ' I've moved out ' glitch was never because of Amiibos, so it's fine.
Your only risk at this point is skipping their unpacking day and having a stuck exterior, not much of a big deal.
Oh okay so I'm okay has along has I don't skip to their move in day?
And it shouldn't glitch has long has I don't skip.

Alright anyone experienced this glitch? I was about to give Stitches away (he was kicked out via amiibo) but when I invited the person over to pick him up, she said he was stuck crafting DIY. I didn't see that at first when I checked, but then I restarted my game and its true, he's in boxes AND crafting? Wtf!

EXYQIVXU4AAl5Qh

Last edited:
Yikes! I was going to see if I could adopt a villager today, but now I may just stick to the crapshoot of island hopping.

Alright anyone experienced this glitch? I was about to give Stitches away (he was kicked out via amiibo) but when I invited the person over to pick him up, she said he was stuck crafting DIY. I didn't see that at first when I checked, but then I restarted my game and its true, he's in boxes AND crafting? Wtf!

EXYQIVXU4AAl5Qh

Wow and that's never happened before has it?
Was the person able to get Stitches did the plot end of glitched?
Did he ever move out in the end?

Wow and that's never happened before has it?
Was the person able to get Stitches did the plot end of glitched?
Did he ever move out in the end?
It's never happened to me before. I TT'd forward one day and he had moved out. The person was unable to get him the day he was glitched-- I had to move him back in via amiibo and then kick him out via amiibo again. Only after I did that was she able to adopt him normally without issues. Just a bit of a hassle on the seller's part.

I just have no idea what prompted him to be glitched like that in the first place!

i didn't time travel but i didn't play on the day the plot was empty with julian's name on it, and now julian is in judy's old house. :/ will it fix itself if he goes into boxes and moves to a new island? bc i was planning on selling him.

So, I went to adopt Audie from another user and I did the check that people did while the "I've moved out." bug was around and I had the option to re-invite Audie. We closed out just for safety, but second time around it went smoothly. Couldn't re-invite her from speaking with her over 15+ times.

just a head's up I guess.

i didn't time travel but i didn't play on the day the plot was empty with julian's name on it, and now julian is in judy's old house. :/ will it fix itself if he goes into boxes and moves to a new island? bc i was planning on selling him.
Yeah, they should appear with the correct exterior on the island they move to :)

I think the campsite adoption is also glitched? Sometimes Isabelle says someone is there and there isn't anyone.
Today i talked with Diana and she wanted to replace Knox which i said she could i tt to get her moved in but she has his house Exterior...
So i don't think i can let someone adopt her- do glitches spread? oof

I think the campsite adoption is also glitched? Sometimes Isabelle says someone is there and there isn't anyone.
Today i talked with Diana and she wanted to replace Knox which i said she could i tt to get her moved in but she has his house Exterior...
So i don't think i can let someone adopt her- do glitches spread? oof

Not sure about the missing camper, but you can't TT when you move people in, this is a visual glitch with no other issues. Her house will reset when adopted.

Not sure about the missing camper, but you can't TT when you move people in, this is a visual glitch with no other issues. Her house will reset when adopted.

Okay thanks, that's a relief i know people want her in their towns rip

I traded with someone today for a villager I wanted and something weird happened. I double checked to make sure the villager remembered me after they agreed to move and the dialogue started all over again including the cut to residential services. The third time I spoke with them they remembered agreeing to move just fine. Should I be worried about a glitch? I time traveled like a week (one day at a time) and nothing happened so far. His house exterior and interior seem normal too.

Oh wow, what a surprise. I signed up yesterday to participate in some trades here and just found this thread.

I wrote the document in this post. I'm really glad if it helped people. Thankfully it's patched now ♡

Friend of mine had two villagers in boxes at the same time and now one is stuck in a loop.

Apparently if someone comes by and picks him up it will be fixed. Can anyone help please? It's Ricky the Squirrel

Yesterday I had Marina in boxes. Someone came to take her but her internet cut out. She then somehow found her open plot taken so she couldn't take her. Eventually I couldn't find a taker for her so I traveled ahead a day and got the "Tomorrow we say goodbye to Marina" message. Traveled a few more times and it just kept saying it. Eventually I found someone to come take her and that worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back