• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Giveaways- how to go about them?

Stella-Io

Unhindered Dreamer
Bells
Festival Lantern
Plum Blossom
Fortune Cookie
Night Sky Scenery
Snowstorm Scenery
Playful Scenery
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Stitches
Friday the 13th Candy
Eerie Star Potion
A long time ago I told myself if I ever get functioning WiFi, the first thing I'd do is a giveaway before I start asking for stuff from the community. Put good in, get good out.

Well, the time has come. I FINALLY have WiFi (Xfinity) and I have a crud load of WA items to giveaway. I've literally been hanging on to this stuff for months. I know what town to do it in, and I'm going to break it up in sections for organization. However, my problem is my schedule: it doesn't allow for alot of time to execute said giveaway. Some days I am completly unavailable, others only available for a few hours. Plus anything sprung on me last minute.

Items to include in giveaway

WA items
Mush and ice furniture
Gracie clothes
Saharah walling and flooring
Some reorderable DLC like the zodiac/nature series
Weeding Day items

Re-using this thread, what is the best way to initiate the giveaway? The typical 'I list you pick' almost shop way, some other way I can think of right now?

Last edited:
Even with how old this game is, giveaways are still quite rampant, so you are good to go in that department. You're also the one doing a giveaway and asking nothing in return. So those who are interested should be grateful for such generosity and be patient.

I would say just go for it and make it clear you have a tight schedule. Test the waters and see how it goes. If you like doing it and it brings some kind of joy, then keep at it. If it's too stressful, close up shop and you will at least know that you tried it out. If someone has a problem with your schedule and gives you flak, just politely (or in my case I would impolitely) tell them to go elsewhere.

I can't see you having any problems with the good people on tbt. I've yet to meet anyone during a visit or trade that left a terrible impression. Not to say they are not there. Just few and far between. So just go for it and see how you feel.

it's so generous of you to do that, i'm sure everyone will appreciate it no matter what. Especially with many people starting new towns and needing help ^^

Giveaways help a lot of players, especially new ones! If you have an objective in mind like getting the train station remodeled, giveaways are a great way to get there. To make things fair for everyone, you can lay out all your items you wish to give away by your plaza and tell people they can get 1 item per visit. Or you can do a more organized one and have a raffle. A select number of people can win a selection of items through a number generator, and those people can come to your town after fixing a time with you to pick up. That way not everyone who posts (who may not sync up with you the moment they post/you post) can grab it whenever, but you can set your own time frame with them at a later date. Personally, there are some things I always do giveaways for. One of those are train station visits with free items and the other is villagers. I never sell villagers and I feel better about it if I give them away for people who will give them good homes.

Last edited:
Oh man, I didn't even considered the train station remodel. I need it for Moriyo, but the town I was going to do the giveaway in was Townie, since it's under developed so there's no crossbreeds to destroy and less damage that can be done. Not only are many of the items in Moriyo (there's really only a few scattered in my other towns) but Moriyo is much more please to look at then barren flat lands. I've had people run over and steal flowers in the past, so I wanted to avoid that by makin it in a barren town. Buuuut, I really do want the train station remodel. Hm.

Last edited:
Update: as well as all the WA stuff I have, I need to throw in all the Saharah wallings/floorings I have stocked up as well. So, this is gonna be a big giveaway. I hope.

I was thinking of listing out what I have, in sections. The first would be kitchen; appliances, food, ect... then letting people say I want this or that. Once that section is gone, or if activity dwindles down, then move on the to next section, home living; plants, chairs, lamps, ect... I think dividing everythin in sections will make it easier for me, rather than all the items at once. I'll have to implement some rules, such as an order limit to ensure people get what they want and everythin is fairly distributed.

I thinks it?s worth it. Making a list on moridb is really easy to update, and what a lot of people do is they?ll have an updated giveaway page in retail that they can ?close? when they?re too busy so the post won?t get overwhelmed with people asking.

Back