• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

GFX Resources

You should never put text in a corner. It looks bland and boring. Work on the lighting. Blur the sides and background a bit. Add light sources. Add more effects. Good job burning the sides to focus the lighting.

After you do said above, post the result.

How do you say the "light renders" I don't remmeber the name TT Blend Blind Soft or something like that Dx

So wait, when you say in the signature competition: "Signature must be created by you and you alone", it means that you can basically copy-paste, overlap, modify, etc., other people's art?

I thought it meant you need to create it yourself, ie drawing it (which I actually - uselessly - did last time)....
A bit confusing, really :(

So wait, when you say in the signature competition: "Signature must be created by you and you alone", it means that you can basically copy-paste, overlap, modify, etc., other people's art?

I thought it meant you need to create it yourself, ie drawing it (which I actually - uselessly - did last time)....
A bit confusing, really :(

With GFX design, you do take elements from other sources. A render here, and a stock there. When Wonder states, that a "Signature must be created by you and you alone", he means that you cannot take a signature/tag, that is within the bounds of restrictions, and pass it as your own. He wasn't talking about completely drawing everything from scratch and using that for the contest, that's sorta what the DOTM will be for. The SOTW is for those who make GFX tags and compete with a common theme/concept. If you want to be that particular then, so be it.
Does that make sense?

Last edited:
With GFX design, you do take elements from other sources. A render here, and a stock there. When Wonder states, that a "Signature must be created by you and you alone", he means that you cannot take a signature/tag, that is within the bounds of restrictions, and pass it as your own. He wasn't talking about completely drawing everything from scratch and using that for the contest, that's sorta what the DOTM will be for. The SOTW is for those who make GFX tags and compete with a common theme/concept. If you want to be that particular then, so be it.
Does that make sense?

Thanks a lot for your kind answer. Yes, it makes sense, I wasn't very clear. :)
You see, I'm a video-games artist myself (you can have a look if you want) , and I logically assumed that one needs to draw it :)

But I'm open to try other styles too. :)

Thanks a lot for your kind answer. Yes, it makes sense, I wasn't very clear. :)
You see, I'm a video-games artist myself (you can have a look if you want) , and I logically assumed that one needs to draw it :)

But I'm open to try other styles too. :)

Wow! You have some amazing work! I like it a lot!
But yeah, you should try GFX out, it's a lot of fun. Of course, it's not for everyone though.
Hope my response cleared things up for you!

Wow! You have some amazing work! I like it a lot!
But yeah, you should try GFX out, it's a lot of fun. Of course, it's not for everyone though.
Hope my response cleared things up for you!

Thanks a bunch for your kind help and comments :blush:

Honestly, I think your art is so good it could literally be passed off as GFX :eek: You should definitely make stocks and renders out of your works, because I would definitely buy some.

Honestly, I think your art is so good it could literally be passed off as GFX :eek: You should definitely make stocks and renders out of your works, because I would definitely buy some.

I work at Mediatonic (a videogames company here in London), we are so busy, and I have to draw all day. lol
Playing AC and this site are a bit of a break for me.

I only do very occasional commissions, really, but I am most grateful for your wonderfully kind words. :blush:

@Gosalyne: Axeler provided a good explanation to your question.

@Gregriii: Elaborate a bit more.

may I have some critique? I made one im actually proud of :)
let me upload it

- - - Post Merge - - -

Q46AF8S.jpg

Last edited:
What are some basic fonts that you guys tend to use often that I could try to incorporate into my works? Im not very good at choosing fonts to use in my pieces, and Im not sure what to download. Thank you in advance!

What are some basic fonts that you guys tend to use often that I could try to incorporate into my works? Im not very good at choosing fonts to use in my pieces, and Im not sure what to download. Thank you in advance!

I downloaded a thousand fonts and go through whichever ones "match" the atmosphere of the tag I'm working on. Fonts will always change depending on the render/setting of what you're working on.

I downloaded a thousand fonts and go through whichever ones "match" the atmosphere of the tag I'm working on. Fonts will always change depending on the render/setting of what you're working on.
Thank you! I will go on a downloading spree later

Back